PDA

View Full Version : Artesian Wells this Thursday July 18th

2ndChildhood
07-14-2013, 09:08 PM
My retiree friends meet every Thursday for lunch different restaurants. This Thursday July 18th we are heading to the Artesian Wells in Cement City. Two of my Goldwing friends just bought Spyders, one a new 2012 RT-S, the other a 2013 ST-S. If any one wants to join us for the ride will be leaving from the Kmart parking lot in Fenton at 10am, or you can meet us at the Artesian Wells at 12 noon.

Life is Great - Be Safe
ToM

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NancysToy
07-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Sorry, you'll have to count us out. We'll be on the road to Mid-Ohio for Vintage Motorcycle Days.

Littlebadwolf
07-15-2013, 05:58 AM
I'll be there...Cindi also if she doesn't have to work...Thursday night is always bike night at the Artesian with a live band outside..

Copperman
07-15-2013, 10:46 AM
Two or three of us from Indianapolis may make the trek up to have lunch with you guys. Lunch is a great reason for a road trip. I'll know more later and be in touch. Jerry

mxz600
07-15-2013, 12:26 PM
I would join you if I was retired. But I'm not, so I won't.

Rando
07-15-2013, 12:42 PM
I would join you if I was retired. But I'm not, so I won't.Ditto. Friday or the weekend works for me!

Littlebadwolf
07-15-2013, 04:29 PM
I'd like to see a weekend event where we meet up north in the Grayling/Higgins Lake/Houghton Lake/Lewiston areas where we either camped or stay in motels...Do a poker run to Traverse City or another popular destination and have a evening of fun doing a bonfire, lying to each other, etc...This would more than likely be our last event in Michigan where we can ride with fellow Michigan Spyder owners or 2 wheelers..We're gonna be moving at the end of August or early September. The lodge/log cabin we stayed in this past weekend would be perfect for something like this....Check out the site...Something like this or similar would work...Any interest? http://www.pineridgelodgemi.com/ Hope I'm not stealing the thread here but I'd like to see some input.

Copperman
07-15-2013, 04:45 PM
OK Tom. It's a go. My friend Mike (Spyderfun) and I are planning on coming up to break bread with you and your friends. I sent you a PM. Jerry

Copperman
07-19-2013, 03:55 PM
Tom, It was a little warm (+90 degrees) but we were glad we made the trip. And the funny thing is we had met at Spyderfest and stayed at the same hotel. It's a small world. Give a shout if you guys come to Indiana or northern Ohio for lunch. I'm not retired (yet) but I do get a lot of time off from work.

Littlebadwolf
07-19-2013, 05:07 PM
Sorry we didn't get to go...had no confirmations of anybody going...There doesn't seem to be much much interest in meeting with others from Michigan this year...Cindi & I are moving and will probably fade into our own little world yet it's been nice meeting in the past...

wayneo
07-19-2013, 10:54 PM
count me in - live 10 miles out of Grayling

QUOTE=Littlebadwolf;657051]I'd like to see a weekend event where we meet up north in the Grayling/Higgins Lake/Houghton Lake/Lewiston areas where we either camped or stay in motels...Do a poker run to Traverse City or another popular destination and have a evening of fun doing a bonfire, lying to each other, etc...This would more than likely be our last event in Michigan where we can ride with fellow Michigan Spyder owners or 2 wheelers..We're gonna be moving at the end of August or early September. The lodge/log cabin we stayed in this past weekend would be perfect for something like this....Check out the site...Something like this or similar would work...Any interest? http://www.pineridgelodgemi.com/ Hope I'm not stealing the thread here but I'd like to see some input.[/QUOTE]

Indyron
07-20-2013, 06:45 AM
I"m in Lewiston let us know when!

Indyron
07-20-2013, 06:48 AM
I'd like to see a weekend event where we meet up north in the Grayling/Higgins Lake/Houghton Lake/Lewiston areas where we either camped or stay in motels...Do a poker run to Traverse City or another popular destination and have a evening of fun doing a bonfire, lying to each other, etc...This would more than likely be our last event in Michigan where we can ride with fellow Michigan Spyder owners or 2 wheelers..We're gonna be moving at the end of August or early September. The lodge/log cabin we stayed in this past weekend would be perfect for something like this....Check out the site...Something like this or similar would work...Any interest? http://www.pineridgelodgemi.com/ Hope I'm not stealing the thread here but I'd like to see some input.

There are some great roads from Lewiston. West to Mancelona then on to Bellaire. Also Boyne to Charlevoix. I"m in any body else?

Indyron
07-20-2013, 06:50 AM
Any interest?

Littlebadwolf
07-20-2013, 06:55 AM
Cindi & I would be up for this..Can anybody from close to the Lewiston area put the ride together?

Indyron
07-20-2013, 08:04 AM
Cindi & I would be up for this..Can anybody from close to the Lewiston area put the ride together?

I'll work out some details, watch for a new post.