PDA

View Full Version : Great weekend in Northern Michigan

Littlebadwolf
07-14-2013, 05:25 PM
My birthday's today and Cindi rented a log cabin way out in the woods of Lewiston...Left Friday morning and just returned...A little over 700 miles..We saw a poker run flyer from the Grayling Eagles where they were raising money for Hospice and decided to do this run...We saw at least a dozen Spyders in the area and had one RT owner pull into one of stops to introduce himself and he raced home to get his wife and they joined us on a good part of the run. He's been lurking on Spyderlovers and I told him to create a profile and he can stay in touch with others from the area...He just bought a RT and he's selling the RS that he's had before. His name is Doug and I'm sure he'll introduce himself here shortly. One thing of note...We had a lot of Harley riders admiring our Spyders and they were really friendly...wanted to know what they were all about...This happened after a Gold Winger on the run who was lagging behind made a statement that the Spyders were falling behind and he was "looking out for us"...Well...short story...Cindi rode his butt from that point on and after 2 stops with him riding in the rear he fell back about a half mile behind the group....On the last leg of the trip we flew by him doing over 105 mph and his jaw fell open...The rest of the pack razzed his A** from that point on...Cindi smoked him...Anyway...A great weekend...met some other Spyder couples and had a great 3 day weekend in the woods...

rhansen309
07-14-2013, 07:36 PM
Glads you had a good weekend. I think next weekend we are looking at a trip from the west Michigan coast to the east Michigan coast.

SpyderAnn01
07-14-2013, 07:51 PM
Happy birthday Larry. It sounds like a great trip and I'm glad Cindi let the Winger see what a Spyder is capable of.