PDA

View Full Version : A Few Spyder ?

Tim
06-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Dealer called and told wife her Spyder shipped today from Factory. How long should that take to Toledo Ohio ? LOL.

Doing financing ourselves from our local back. Same crap I read on post already about Spyder not being worth what dealer wanted for it...LOL...Got that straighten out. But back wants 8% interest . Is that good for a loan for a person with a great credit rating. Thanks and more ? to come. Not bad should get Spyder less than two weeks from paying deposit.....I do need to warn erveryone that most of the dealers read this forum... :spyder:

bjt
06-18-2008, 08:32 PM
I do need to warn erveryone that most of the dealers read this forum... :spyder:[/b]

That's great. Hopefully they are seeing how new Spyder owners are being educated by other SpyderLovers and the dealers are on top of things. I know that there are a few on here that wish their dealer had read these forums way back when. ;D

Smylinacha
06-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Dealer called and told wife her Spyder shipped today from Factory. How long should that take to Toledo Ohio ? LOL.

Doing financing ourselves from our local back. Same crap I read on post already about Spyder not being worth what dealer wanted for it...LOL...Got that straighten out. But back wants 8% interest . Is that good for a loan for a person with a great credit rating. Thanks and more ? to come. Not bad should get Spyder less than two weeks from paying deposit.....I do need to warn erveryone that most of the dealers read this forum... :spyder:

I'm no expert and yes, the bank the dealer was working with gave me that run around. Dealer then found me a loan at 12%! No way was I gonna do that. I think 8% is high for someone w/ good credit - I ended up at 6% with my credit union. We even told the dealer to see if he can work with them for other buyers versus the bank that they were using for financing.

NancysToy
06-19-2008, 07:31 AM
I'm no expert and yes, the bank the dealer was working with gave me that run around. Dealer then found me a loan at 12%! No way was I gonna do that. I think 8% is high for someone w/ good credit - I ended up at 6% with my credit union. We even told the dealer to see if he can work with them for other buyers versus the bank that they were using for financing.

We ended up about the same at the credit union. They are always cheaper than banks, in my experience. The bank deals here ranged from 8% to 11.5%.
Scotty

sabunim5
06-19-2008, 10:30 AM
Do you have a home equity line of credit? Rates are usually good and interest is deductible. Easy to establish if you have a good credit rating. Just a thought.
sabunim5 :spyder:

dbnc
06-19-2008, 10:44 AM
Home equity lines seem to be a great way and credit unions are awesome also..

Banks and dealerships are an option but seems like rates much lower..

I was going to us my HELOC but my cresit union was running a summer special on auto loans for 4.99 so I jumped all over it.. It was cool because all vehicles qualified if new and had a title not just cars (cars, boats scooters, motorcyles).. I figured to save my HELOC for emergencies and 4.99 was a great rate...