PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing powerbus (Evoluzione)

spydersam
06-18-2008, 05:24 PM
So I went to install the Scorpion alarm and power bus from Evoluzione today an I actually had issues with the one I thought would be easy ::)
I had the dealer install the 12v power outlet, they put it in the trunk in the standard manner. So when I got to the point in the instructions where it said to find the 12v wiring it was hooked up already. The instructions state to disconnect it but I am not sure how that is done. I pulled on the back of the power outlet a bit but did not want to force anything. So my question is how/where does it disconnect? Do I just pull the entire rubber boot off that I feel or do I pull that back and then disconnect the wires underneath. I never saw what it looked like before it was hooked up
On a side note the Scorpion went in very easy with the harness. I did not put the ignition kill module in yet, that one requires splicing so I am holding off until I see if I like the alarm
Any input appreciated

bjt
06-18-2008, 06:33 PM
You pull off the boot from the back of the BRP 12 volt outlet and then pull off the wires that go to the outlet.
Those wires go to the relay that he provides to turn the relay on when the key is turned on. The relay then provides power to the powerbus through that Jcase fuse and wire that you have probably already hooked up. I believe he gives you another wire with a connector on it to go from his powerbus back down to your BRP 12 volt outlet.

Did you by chance get his powerbus with the ground bus connected? If not, you will have to run your ground wires to a suitable grounding spot on the frame for every device you connect to the powerbus. Or you can do what I did and buy a 6 terminal ground block and mount that right near the powerbus. In either case, there is a good grounding point on the frame that you can probably see, almost straight back from the BRP 12 volt outlet. BRP already has a tapped hole and a couple of wires under the screw for some of their grounds. I connected my ground bus right there too.