PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever lost any panel?

jerpinoy
07-12-2013, 06:31 PM
2012 RT SE5 lost right hand side access panel

ARtraveler
07-12-2013, 06:38 PM
I have had a couple come lose--but caught it before they flew away. I now check regularly--just in case.

Did you mention in another thread that you lost yours at 1500 miles?

Talking with the dealer nicely should get them on your side, and they should deal with BRP for you. If the bodywork is coming off a new machine, I suspect the people who put it together or serviced it last.

They should order the missing part and replace it for you at no cost. IMO

cjackg
07-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Lost 2 on a 2010 RT then installed wires to avoid losing anymore.

Have not had a problem yet on the 2012 RT.

jerpinoy
07-12-2013, 06:51 PM
I have had a couple come lose--but caught it before they flew away. I now check regularly--just in case.

Did you mention in another thread that you lost yours at 1500 miles?

Talking with the dealer nicely should get them on your side, and they should deal with BRP for you. If the bodywork is coming off a new machine, I suspect the people who put it together or serviced it last.

They should order the missing part and replace it for you at no cost. IMO

Thanks, I'm just trying to find out how many of us have lost any panel. According to the BRP ref I've talked to she said they made improvement to prevent that from happening. There must be others beside me.

ARtraveler
07-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Thanks, I'm just trying to find out how many of us have lost any panel. According to the BRP ref I've talked to she said they made improvement to prevent that from happening. There must be others beside me.

If you are having to argue with a BRP rep about whether or not it SHOULD fall off or not, IMO that is ridiculous.

The issue here is that it DID fall off and now you are without a panel. What has happened to customer service and taking care of the customer.

Are you a blatent problem customer? Did you do something stupid to damage your :spyder2:? Are you trying to screw BRP in the process? I don't think you are guilty on any of the above.

IMO: What is so hard about solving a customers' problem without it taking an Act of God?

Oops: Here's another notch against me for sticking up for a customer and chiding BRP. :sour:

:bbq::bbq::bbq:

Buttsy
07-12-2013, 08:20 PM
If you are having to argue with a BRP rep about whether or not it SHOULD fall off or not, IMO that is ridiculous.

The issue here is that it DID fall off and now you are without a panel. What has happened to customer service and taking care of the customer.

Are you a blatent problem customer? Did you do something stupid to damage your :spyder2:? Are you trying to screw BRP in the process? I don't think you are guilty on any of the above.

IMO: What is so hard about solving a customers' problem without it taking an Act of God?

Oops: Here's another notch against me for sticking up for a customer and chiding BRP. :sour:

:bbq::bbq::bbq:

I'm with ya..................sort of. But why is the customer dealing directly with BRP for a replacement side panel? This perplexes the crap out of me why so many owners are dealing directly with the manufacturer. I have owned 3 BRP products over the years, and never once have I spoken to BRP? I go to my dealer and he "deals" with it? He is good at "dealing" with it because he is a "dealer"...........:roflblack: I doubt the world renowned Pitbull would be having the customer call BRP?

spyderpoop
07-12-2013, 08:26 PM
your lucky to have a dealer go to bat for you most of us don't and BRP shows no concern for most customers after they sold the bike you got to no that by now

Buttsy
07-12-2013, 08:39 PM
BRP shows no concern for most customers after they sold the bike you got to no that by now

Don't mean to be a smarta** but no I don't know that? Never had a problem that has not been addressed quickly and efficiently by my dealer. Now my dealer is a dedicated BRP facility, they sell nothing but new BRP products (Seadoo, Skidoo, Canam ATV's and the Spyder). This is fairly common in Canada perhaps this drives a more dedicated and knowledgeable dealer network? :dontknow:

Netminder
07-12-2013, 08:51 PM
Don't mean to be a smarta** but no I don't know that? Never had a problem that has not been addressed quickly and efficiently by my dealer. Now my dealer is a dedicated BRP facility, they sell nothing but new BRP products (Seadoo, Skidoo, Canam ATV's and the Spyder). This is fairly common in Canada perhaps this drives a more dedicated and knowledgeable dealer network? :dontknow:
:agree: Never had any issues with my dealer, but as above they only sell BRP products.

ARtraveler
07-13-2013, 01:55 AM
I'm with ya..................sort of. But why is the customer dealing directly with BRP for a replacement side panel? This perplexes the crap out of me why so many owners are dealing directly with the manufacturer. I have owned 3 BRP products over the years, and never once have I spoken to BRP? I go to my dealer and he "deals" with it? He is good at "dealing" with it because he is a "dealer"...........:roflblack: I doubt the world renowned Pitbull would be having the customer call BRP?

Second and third thoughts make me ask the same question about direct dealing with BRP also. My suggestion is work through the dealer first. If dealer fails or refuses then its time to talk with customer service. I don't know the exact history here--so will just sit back and see how it plays out.

jerpinoy
07-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Yes I called my dealer first and talked to the mechanic and he's the one who told me to call BRP. I had a pleasant reception from the costumer ref. and provided a file number and I gave this number to my dealer. I'll check back to him on monday.

jerpinoy
07-25-2013, 04:26 PM
I have a message from BRP about my lost panel. They will call me back friday.