PDA

View Full Version : spydernonlovers.com

wyliec
07-12-2013, 10:37 AM
I realize that some people have spyder problems and they get upset and vent to let others know. I don't blame them one bit, even those that super vent.

I just don't understand the need for someone to come on here and let us know why they aren't going to make a purchase. I'm not talking about the person who has a spyder and has decided to not purchase another.

I'm probably the only one that feels this way; but, I could care less for their reasons to not make an initial purchase. And, I'm not buying that they are trying to make others aware of the spyder's supposed shortcomings for those on the fence in deciding whether to buy or not. In other words, they are saying that we as owners are too close to the spyder and can't give a fair evaluation.

Maybe all those non-buyers can start their own spydernonlovers.com. JMO

I had nothing better to do today, since my spyder is in the shop, and felt like a little venting.

bullant12
07-12-2013, 10:48 AM
I remember years ago looking for information on some online schools. I ran into one that was all about bashing a particular school and there were a few (including myself) that defended the school simply because the big number of postings by "students" (or ex-students in that matter) had no valid points: most sounded like illiterate, lazy, and un-informed people that just wanted to vent because things did not got their way. This is pretty similar except that there are truly legit issues out there. But you make a vaild point, Wyliec... Why argue about something you don't have???

BTW, that website got shut down. I was under the impression that the particular online school (with their deep pockets) got a hold of the domain name and eliminated it. If that would happen with spydernonlovers.com... well... not saying anymore!;)

MidLifeCrisis
07-12-2013, 10:52 AM
Probably for the same reason they approach a total stranger and tell them they would never buy that thing, or you must be rich, or any other unrelated to anything comments.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 4 Beta

finless
07-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Hey! I can start a web site named that and we can flood it with all good posts about the spyder :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob

asp125
07-12-2013, 10:55 AM
The trolls are just that.. to be ignored. But I would rather hear about both sides of the coin as an educated consumer. So bring on the rants about heat and bad dealer service so that I know as a Spyder owner what I'm in for. I'd rather ignore a few trolls than come away thinking everyone here is holding hands, singing Kuhmbyah, and peeing sparkly rainbows.

wyliec
07-12-2013, 10:58 AM
The trolls are just that.. to be ignored. But I would rather hear about both sides of the coin as an educated consumer. So bring on the rants about heat and bad dealer service so that I know as a Spyder owner what I'm in for. I'd rather ignore a few trolls than come away thinking everyone here is holding hands, singing Kuhmbyah, and peeing sparkly rainbows.

I agree. Maybe I didn't make that part clear in my original post.

Chupaca
07-12-2013, 11:03 AM
Your not the only one....if they don't want to buy one then don't I don't care why...just like we don't try to convince them to. The roadster sells it's self...!! :thumbup:

billybovine
07-12-2013, 11:09 AM

Please tell me what to avoid eating or drinking because I don't ever want to pee sparkly rainbows. :joke:

I want to hear both sides, but I am interested mostly first hand actual facts and experiences. Not the rantings of how you feel about BRP or the Spyder. If you feel the need to share your feelings talk to your spouse. They are kinda obligated to listen.

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 11:15 AM
Wylie,
Any news on the shifting issues that popped up with your bike yet? :shocked:
Let's face it; Some folks will still try to pee on your Parade if they can't work up a decent rainstorm...

wyliec
07-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Wylie,
Any news on the shifting issues that popped up with your bike yet? :shocked:
Let's face it; Some folks will still try to pee on your Parade if they can't work up a decent rainstorm...

I checked today and the counter person checked and said they had to order a shifter part. When she said that, I didn't try to get any more details. I'm assuming something attached to shifter within the case needs to be replaced. Also, they have to replace the clutch gasket reservoir which was fine until I took the cap off to check the level. I know there's a sight glass ; but, I've never been able to tell the level of fluid through it.

They said I could pick up the spyder today and bring it back when the parts come in; I declined.

jerpinoy
07-12-2013, 11:29 AM
These people are have nothing to say and pissing in the wind.:yes::yes:They love

blowing dust inside a bowl.

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 11:33 AM
I checked today and the counter person checked and said they had to order a shifter part. When she said that, I didn't try to get any more details. I'm assuming something attached to shifter within the case needs to be replaced. Also, they have to replace the clutch gasket reservoir which was fine until I took the cap off to check the level. They said I could pick up the spyder today and bring it back when the parts come in; I declined.

Good Luck with this; please keep us posted... :thumbup:

Sarge707
07-12-2013, 11:38 AM
I checked today and the counter person checked and said they had to order a shifter part. When she said that, I didn't try to get any more details. I'm assuming something attached to shifter within the case needs to be replaced. Also, they have to replace the clutch gasket reservoir which was fine until I took the cap off to check the level. I know there's a sight glass ; but, I've never been able to tell the level of fluid through it.

They said I could pick up the spyder today and bring it back when the parts come in; I declined.

Hopefully you will be riding soon-BUT next week here is Mid 90,s again and Very Humid ALL week!!
I,m starting to dream of the 40-45 Degree winter days when I put on the thermal suit and Balaclava and the Spyder Just purrs with the Cool, Clean, Dry air!!!:ohyea:

asp125
07-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Please tell me what to avoid eating or drinking because I don't ever want to pee sparkly rainbows. :joke:

I'm waiting for Spyderpops to come up with a solution. ;) :joke:

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 11:46 AM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_4_4v.gif

chris56
07-12-2013, 11:47 AM
my RT has now over 30.000 kms (19.000 mls) - I always have a good Service & still no problems - most of my friends have a BMW GS .. so they always find "short cuts" for our after-work-tours like this .. not soo easy for a Spyderlover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi1ocHu3qhQ&feature=player_embedded

steve635
07-12-2013, 12:04 PM
"peeing sparkly rainbows"

I had this once, urologist recommended expanding my diet beyond jelly beans, m&m's, and various flavors of Fanta soda. Worked like a charm.

bullant12
07-12-2013, 12:07 PM
...and peeing sparkly rainbows.

Isn't that what happens when you eat too many Lucky Charms??:roflblack:

steve635
07-12-2013, 12:07 PM
Oh and BTW, I agree with Wylie, if you're an owner with a legitimate gripe feel free to vent. If you're a passerby just leaving crap on the trail, who needs you?

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 12:08 PM
If we keep talking about the rainbows, Lamont will send a urologist down here to check on us... :shocked:

Blue Star
07-12-2013, 12:18 PM
as I am happy with the one I currently have :ohyea: I to find it annoying how people who don't own a Spyder "know" why they are so bad, and I should get rid of it.

steve635
07-12-2013, 12:19 PM
If we keep talking about the rainbows, Lamont will send a urologist down here to check on us... :shocked:

Just as well, I'm way overdue apparently not going to go on my own.
Plus this leads to a question, 20K+++ posts and a prize phrase like "peeing sparkly rainbows" doesn't provoke any interest. This is not like the Bob of legend!

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Sorry; I was in the bathroom... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_2_2.gif

BajaRon
07-12-2013, 12:50 PM
One thing for sure, there are people bashing whatever he does decide to get. I'm sure he's cool with that, right!?

What goes around, comes around.

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 12:56 PM
:agree:
Why, just the other day; I was telling a friend how happy I was with all of the parts that I've gotten from this "BajaRon" guy... :thumbup:
Well this old lady was walking by; I guess she overheard me... :shocked:
":lecturef_smilie: I buy all of my accessories from...", was how she started up... :shocked:
So I backed my truck into her! :roflblack: :joke:

ARtraveler
07-12-2013, 01:07 PM
:agree: with Wyliec also. I have no problems with people who come on and have a legitimate complaint or a question about :spyder2:'s. Most members are very helpful and concerned about getting the posters problem solved.

It does seem that we have had an invasion of trolls in the recent past. Most SL's have even been nice to the trolls at first, and tried to help them with their "problem". It kind of becomes obvious though, when the troll does not reply, comes back with more :cus:, does not have correct--but "mythical" information, or just sits back and watches the controversy that they started go on and on between the members. In this case, I suggest we take the post for what it is, and don't feed the troll to much.

They too, shall pass. :roflblack:

flaggerphil
07-12-2013, 01:22 PM
It's kind of like when you meet someone while you're riding and they say, "I'd never buy a Spyder because...", even though they've never even ridden one.

Ah, well...

spydercowboy
07-12-2013, 02:08 PM
You all never heard of the Harley bashers? Name your forum and there they are. They have been around since dirt. Yet Harley continues to thrive. I'm not so sure the bashing doesn't help. Can anything really be as bad as some say they are. Or maybe I got a Spyder cause it's just as bad as a Harley. I do have to admit that I haven't seen that many Harleys go up in flames. I think once they get that issue under control there will be less Sypder bashing. But maybe not. Harley still has theirs.

Bob Ledford
07-12-2013, 02:10 PM
I have to agree with 98% of everyone's comments and wanted to add some comments of my own. Two things Dad alway's told me while growing up was " you can't please everyone all the time. So don't even try to!" The other was " if you can't be nice then keep it to your self. "

But are those that have a very misguided sense of self importance and an ego bigger then a barn with the doors standing open.

Would some one PM me the story behind the "troll" so I can get up to speed.

OBTW I'm not going to buy another Spyder until I decide this one is wore slam out! Don't need too!!! But if you want any advice on one just ask although you might not like the answers. But they will be truthful as I can make them.....:)

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 02:15 PM
:agree:
:lecturef_smilie: "If you can't say anything nice; don't say anything", was a favorite saying of Grandma Denman... :2thumbs:

Netminder
07-12-2013, 02:30 PM
In the famous words of Mickey Fisher's alter ego (see Mickey's video to understand)"Can-AM eh???"!

bruiser
07-12-2013, 02:51 PM
And again...

71643 :roflblack:

Harvey
07-12-2013, 04:10 PM
Since the early times with invention of the internal combustion engine, there have been motorcycles, or a variation of such.

Hundreds of manufacturers have come and gone since then. Some because of economics, poor design, bad marketing, or consumer ignorance and many other reasons.

Some have withstood the time of all problems which they too had more than their share of troubles. Two of them are the GW & HD, not to mention many of the others from around the world.

The Honda Gold Wing (or Goldwing) was introduced October 1974, and went on to become a popular model in North America, Western Europe and Australia. Over the course of its history, it has had numerous modifications to its design.

Harley-Davidson or Harley, is an American motorcycle manufacturer. Founded in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, during the first decade of the 20th century, it was one of two major American motorcycle manufacturers to survive the Great Depression. Harley-Davidson also survived a period of poor quality control and competition from Japanese manufacturers.

The CANAM, being relatively new to the motorcycle (or open air transportation) industry, has a giant advantage over those who were the forerunners of the industry. Their advantage is the Internet (World Wide Web). We as owners are part of history in the making and evolution process by providing information to others as well as feedback to the manufactures. Whether either takes action on our comments, it has been said and groundwork has been laid.

Just imagine how HD, GW and even Indian motorcycles may have evolved if there had been the Internet in the days of their development.

I am happy to be able to see various opinions and reviews on so many different topics of the CANAM products. Sure, I have seen some comments that may appear stupid to me, but perhaps that person cannot express themselves in any other way. I glean from this site all the information I can, sort it as my feeble little mind can process, and make a somewhat informed decision. Right or wrong, it is my decision and I must live with the results of it. Some of my decisions have already created “opportunities” for me to change and/or adjust.

As long as there are more than one in a conversation, either may be wrong in their opinion and/or statement. Much of it is how it is said and/or how it is perceived/heard. With that – I try to take the time to sort out what is beneficial and ignore the negative. Even some negative comments could have some inside benefit.

I am proud to be an owner of a 2013 RT Limited and have the freedom and opportunity to express my opinions in this forum.

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Harvey,
VERY well-said! :clap:
Even those of us who are the loudest "Drum-Beaters in the Can Am Parade", don't mind the negative reports from unhappy folks...
What aggraavates some of us in here; the ones who start screaming "This is a P.O.S., and I never shoulda bought it!" without really taking the time to let folks perhaps step in and offer possible solutions to the source of the difficulties...
A description of what's going on, what has been tried, and what the dealer is saying goes a long way in here... :thumbup:
(JMHO)