PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner: Original Bike Spirits

kepople
07-12-2013, 07:11 AM
http://www.originalbikespirits.com/products/spray-cleaner-polish/

My dealer gave me a can of this stuf when they delievered the RTS. It removes bugs with just a wipe, and cleans and shines very well.

Anyone else use it?

At present I use it all over including the windscreen, and tupperware.. I am wondering if there is any long term effects?

Basically I wipe down the bike front end with it a couple times a week and it looks brand new...except the wheels of course.

thanks

wyliec
07-12-2013, 07:30 AM
I use it; but, I won't on my windscreen. Soap and water on my windscreen is enough for me.

OldCowboy
07-12-2013, 07:33 AM
I certainly wouldn't put it on the windscreen. It contains petroleum distillates, propane, isobutane, and n-butane. None of those would be good for windscreens and I wouldn't use it on the tupperware either.

kepople
07-12-2013, 08:16 AM
So what are you using on tupperware?

hows about windex on wind screen?

NancysToy
07-12-2013, 08:38 AM
So what are you using on tupperware?

hows about windex on wind screen?

Don't use anything that is alkaline or contains alcohol on a plastic windshield. They will cause crazing and clouding over a period of time. Regular windex contains ammonia, which is alkaline, so it is a no-no. You can use Windex Muti-surface with vinegar with no problems. Plexus is good on plastics, as are some other products. If you want the best, get a product designed for use on aircraft windshields.

bruiser
07-12-2013, 09:32 AM
AllKleer. Check out mypilotstore.com.

CapNCrunch
07-12-2013, 10:34 AM
http://www.originalbikespirits.com/products/spray-cleaner-polish/

My dealer gave me a can of this stuf when they delievered the RTS. It removes bugs with just a wipe, and cleans and shines very well.

Anyone else use it?

At present I use it all over including the windscreen, and tupperware.. I am wondering if there is any long term effects?

Basically I wipe down the bike front end with it a couple times a week and it looks brand new...except the wheels of course.

thanks I've used this stuff, for at least 15 years, on every bike I've owned in that period. It was originally sold as a Honda product. I've never found anything better. But ............... I use only PLEXUS on the windscreen. They're a great combination. CapNCrunch

SpyRyd
07-12-2013, 12:12 PM
AllKleer. Check out mypilotstore.com.

AllKleer is made by Black Lab Labs and they package it in bottles marked "aircraft" or "motorcycle". I called the company and asked if there was a difference in the formulas. The President of the company replied and said there is no difference between the "aircraft" and "motorcycle"...same stuff just different bottles. So, since the "aircraft" is less expensive, I use it vs. the "motorcycle".

Magdave
07-12-2013, 01:32 PM
Rejex it is good for the whole bike including windshield. bugs just wipe off. I have used it on all my vehicles and the only reason it does not go on my car windshields is the wipers wear it off but I do the rest of the windows. A microfiber cloth will clean off any thing and it looks great, lasts 6mo or more depends on how much you ride. http://www.rejex.com/ It is pricey but worth it to me. It installs very easily in about 20min for the whole bike. :clap:

bruiser
07-12-2013, 02:58 PM
AllKleer is made by Black Lab Labs and they package it in bottles marked "aircraft" or "motorcycle". I called the company and asked if there was a difference in the formulas. The President of the company replied and said here is no difference between the "aircraft" and "motorcycle"...same stuff just different bottles. So, since the "aircraft" is less expensive, I use it vs. the "motorcycle".

This is true. It's called marketing. A buck difference in price just because it says motorcycle. By the way, there's only a few cents difference in price between Amazon and mypilotstore.