PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Can Am Spyder Release Date

Jeriatric
07-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Coming soon............. Well, soon to some of us older folk. :roflblack:

10 more :chat: weeks!

What's on your wish list for 2014?
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?57910-Here-s-a-look-at-the-2014-Can-Am-Spyder-lineup

Freddy
07-11-2013, 07:49 PM
Something reliable.

rabtech
07-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Maybe a cooling seat and air conditioner. :yes:

rabtech
07-11-2013, 07:55 PM
And I hate to say it but maybe a automatic halon system...

http://www.h3rcleanagents.com/support_faq_2.htm

Every time I fill up the gas is sizzling on the fuel neck......

agasperino
07-11-2013, 08:29 PM
please add an option or a button you can push that makes it drive straight and not hunt from side to side. Something they forgot to do when when they built my 2013 rt limited

willey
07-11-2013, 09:46 PM
I guess we were lucky when the red head [my lady friend ] bought her 2013 RTS.I hated the thing for the first 2000 miles.I had a hard time keeping it on the road.She bought it on the 27th of may.We put 700 miles on it and then left for a 5000 mile trip out west.We were on the road over two weeks.45 mph cross winds across Kansas.The bike handled them well.The temp was pushing 100 degrees about every day and my gas tank didn't boil once.THe gas cap was a little warm but not hot.Now I can ride down the interstate 75 or 80 mph and the bike goes straight as an arrow and steady as a rock.I guess it took me that long to learn how to ride that thing.I have been ridding two wheels for the last 50+ years and I am 73 years old.All I can say is I think it is a great machine and I love to ride it.I still have and ride my 1300 Yamaha road star.The check engine light came on,we shut it off and restarted back up and every thing wea fine.Must have been made on a wed.

twain
07-11-2013, 09:47 PM
I agree Freddy. My wish is to get my 2013 ST out of the shop and rideable.

Saluda
07-12-2013, 04:26 AM
no matter when and no matter what it costs there will still be complaints.

Mo Lee
07-12-2013, 05:03 AM
How about a BIGGER, SMOOTHER, more POWERFUL engine!

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 06:27 AM
:shocked: Tick... Tick... Tick... :shocked:

bullant12
07-12-2013, 07:21 AM
please add an option or a button you can push that makes it drive straight and not hunt from side to side. Something they forgot to do when when they built my 2013 rt limited

I guess we were lucky when the red head [my lady friend ] bought her 2013 RTS.I hated the thing for the first 2000 miles.I had a hard time keeping it on the road.She bought it on the 27th of may.We put 700 miles on it and then left for a 5000 mile trip out west.We were on the road over two weeks.45 mph cross winds across Kansas.The bike handled them well.The temp was pushing 100 degrees about every day and my gas tank didn't boil once.THe gas cap was a little warm but not hot.Now I can ride down the interstate 75 or 80 mph and the bike goes straight as an arrow and steady as a rock.I guess it took me that long to learn how to ride that thing.I have been ridding two wheels for the last 50+ years and I am 73 years old.All I can say is I think it is a great machine and I love to ride it.I still have and ride my 1300 Yamaha road star.The check engine light came on,we shut it off and restarted back up and every thing wea fine.Must have been made on a wed.

I'm starting to get the rash that Scotty (NancysToy) has... must be a contagious allergy out there called MIS-INFORMED DEALER-ITIS!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I own a 2013 RT-S and I was having the same issue. Told the dealer's :spyder2: tech... change in the ball joints and now I have a rYde that goes straight as an arrow... on the interstate going 75mph I can let go of both hands (not that I encourage it), and I jog a few seconds.

Others have had the balljoints replaced, and some has gone as far as getting the machine aligned, swapped tires and shocks... and eventually it got corrected.

Please... go to your dealer(s) let them know that this is not right, and have them make it. If they snub you or give you the "it's normal" line... find another dealer!nojoke

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 07:25 AM
:agree: that's not about release dates; it's about proper training. :thumbup:
Let's hope that BRP can find a way to ensure that the folks who work on our bikes, actually know what they're doing!

fyrertuck
07-12-2013, 08:07 AM
Well I can tell you my 2012 RT SE5 found me before I was looking for her. So the new one will be fun to look at but as long as she will let me ride her we should have a long ride time together. 30 year of riding and I love this thing. :yes::ohyea:

rabtech
07-12-2013, 09:06 AM
I cant complain about anything but the heat. It is freaking hot. The gas sizzling is just something I have to live with. It won't ignite unless there is a spark. Just hope I don't have a static pop.... Other than my chestnuts roasting Im happy with the two 2013 's i have.

bruiser
07-12-2013, 09:26 AM

Halon 1301. It's expensive but worth it. Halon hasn't been manufactured since 1994. It's considered a CFC, but is still legal to use.

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 09:49 AM
Other than my chestnuts roasting Im happy with the two 2013 's i have.
Could this be some crackpot conspiracy to curb the population growth among motorcyclists?? :shocked:

Jeriatric
07-12-2013, 11:41 AM
Is it the most unanticipated model year since the spyder was introduced? :dontknow:

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 11:44 AM
Tick ... Tick ... Tick ... :dontknow:

jerpinoy
07-12-2013, 11:51 AM

Good recipe for flammable situation. Hopefully your away from ignition source

Very very dangerous. Be careful.

jerpinoy
07-12-2013, 11:55 AM
Get rid of the belt and replace it with drive shaft. Better gas mileage, better access panels. easy diy maintenance.

steve635
07-12-2013, 11:56 AM

Well considering CFC production was outlawed in '94, seems like a long shot.

Jeriatric
07-12-2013, 12:05 PM
Get rid of the belt and replace it with drive shaft. Better gas mileage, better access panels. easy diy maintenance.

Shaft drive for the spyder is likely not too far away. For several reasons. imho

ARtraveler
07-12-2013, 01:57 PM
A point to ponder.

The 2014's will be an opportunity for BRP to redeem themselves from the issues that popped up on the 2013's.

Many people have reported no issues, but our site has been filled with complaints about a lot of mechanical issues. IMO: a lot of potential buyers may not go to a 2013--just in case. There may be some real deals available on holdover 2013's when this season ends.

If the 2014's do not have the issues of the 2013's, I think it will be onwards and upwards. If problems persist--then--there may be some problems for the brand.

:bbq::bbq::bbq:

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 02:17 PM
We'll all know more, once some actual information starts getting to us... :bbq::bbq::bbq:
Then; we'll just have to wait for the actual owners to start singing...

ArsonInvest
07-12-2013, 02:38 PM
I cant complain about anything but the heat. It is freaking hot. The gas sizzling is just something I have to live with. It won't ignite unless there is a spark. Just hope I don't have a static pop.... Other than my chestnuts roasting Im happy with the two 2013 's i have.

Gasoline will auto ignite around 450 F degrees....you don't need a spark....

Jeriatric
07-12-2013, 05:00 PM
We'll all know more, once some actual information starts getting to us... :bbq::bbq::bbq:
Then; we'll just have to wait for the actual owners to start singing...

#1. Agree, as long as it's reliable information based on appropriate and proven testing.

#2. Hopefully, the signing will match the information released.

Ga Blue Knight
07-12-2013, 05:12 PM

Well the secret is out! The new 2014 Spyder RT is..............a 2012 Spyder RT with new paint colors!!!:roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 05:49 PM
:shocked: Oh.. that's just soooo... FUNNY!! :roflblack: :2thumbs:

Espionage
07-12-2013, 09:28 PM
A point to ponder.

The 2014's will be an opportunity for BRP to redeem themselves from the issues that popped up on the 2013's.

Many people have reported no issues, but our site has been filled with complaints about a lot of mechanical issues. IMO: a lot of potential buyers may not go to a 2013--just in case. There may be some real deals available on holdover 2013's when this season ends.

If the 2014's do not have the issues of the 2013's, I think it will be onwards and upwards. If problems persist--then--there may be some problems for the brand.

I'm thinking my finances are aligned for a 2014 model rss. I must admit I am worried about the reliability of the spyder. I wanted an ST but after reading pretty much every night on this and a couple other forums, I have little trust in that machine. The rss seems to be the model that has the least of the complaints arise. I really hope they figure out the heat on all models.

Chupaca
07-13-2013, 12:56 AM
I think I'll just see what they come up with. Ours is just a pup...!! :popcorn::popcorn:

Bob Denman
07-13-2013, 07:03 AM
Since I have absolutely no idea why they would do that, why would they do that?

They wouldn't...
Shaft drive adds weight, complexity and a bit of ineffieciency to the drivetrain.
It's a lot simpler to use and maintain; that's about the only advantage that I'm aware of... :dontknow:

BioSab
07-13-2013, 10:57 AM
Reliability seems to be the topic for the 2013... If your superstitious 13 may not be you number. You would think the engineers would've gotten the bugs out and the assemblers would do a better job. We will just have to wait and see. Less heat, rides straight, bigger engine, better mpg.... Lets hope they listen. I love my spyder but as of late I've been considering and HD trike... I have more time for longer trips and being that HD shops are everywhere it gives me peace of mind. My spyder has been very reliable on two trips from Miami to Tennessee but she is an 09 and from all the complaints I don't have confidence in the newer models. Get it right BRP I love the attention and the spyder rides so much better than a traditional trike.

Godspeed

Spyder pat
07-13-2013, 01:03 PM
How about a BIGGER, SMOOTHER, more POWERFUL engine!

Agreed, bigger engine and less rpm while cruising the highways, which hopefully mean more range per tank.

IntoTheWind
07-13-2013, 01:42 PM
How about better gas mileage, handling, 1300cc size engine that runs on regular gas and a comfort seat standard equipment on Limited models, am I asking to much?:ohyea:

Daisyjoe
07-13-2013, 01:45 PM

:agree::agree:

rabtech
07-13-2013, 01:50 PM
How about better gas mileage, handling, 1300cc size engine that runs on regular gas and a comfort seat standard equipment on Limited models, am I asking to much?:ohyea:

1300cc! Why not go with a 2000. Kawasaki must have a ton of those laying around from the failed sales of the Vulcan 2000.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

quickster47
07-13-2013, 02:06 PM

Brings to mind that old saying, "You can please all the people some of the time, and you can please some of the people all the time, but you can never please all the people all the time."

Carl

ThreeWheels
07-13-2013, 02:09 PM

REDHEAD ???? <perk>

God Bless you. You're a lucky man.

ARtraveler
07-13-2013, 03:02 PM
1300cc! Why not go with a 2000. Kawasaki must have a ton of those laying around from the failed sales of the Vulcan 2000.

Sent from my Galaxy S3. I may have made a spelling error or may have some grammer issues. My fingers are way to big to type on this tiny screen!

I had a Vulcan 2000. That was a real nice machine. It was just to big and heavy for me to heft around. Were BRP to do that, I can already see the complaints starting from the fact that you are only going to get about 7000 miles out of a rear tire. VROOOOOOM VROOOOOOOOOM :roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-13-2013, 05:10 PM
I want a 3000 cc engine, 7 speed transmission, 59 mpg and a slider button on the dash that changes the color of the tupperware to anything I want.

Oh yeah and I want the price reduced to $14,999

The 3 litre engine would be nice, but I'd prefer an 8 speed automatic, a Stereo system by Bose, A programmable Nanny that would allow me to commit suicide by motorcycle (should I so choose...), and enough storage capacity to make the 622 seem like a shirt pocket.. But i'd be willing to pay $17,599 for it! :D :roflblack:

rabtech
07-13-2013, 05:50 PM
Had a friend one time tell me he had a Bose stereo in his Tahoe. What makes this funny is he was pronouncing the e at the end like the word CafeŽ.

OldDog
07-13-2013, 07:12 PM
Permission to buy an ST :roflblack::roflblack:

A royal blue ST would be cool! Right now I'm favoring the black.

Seriously, I hope we see some real commitment and real solutions to the heat problems by BRP. nojoke
I would like to see laser alignment be part of the production line. These things should not be something a new Spyder owner should have to go to the aftermarket to fix.

Reliability should be a given not a nervous anxiety.

Bob Denman
07-13-2013, 08:48 PM
Dawg,
It sounds as if you might be making progress...:thumbup:

Jeriatric
07-14-2013, 09:40 AM

True.

But there are a couple of kinds of complaints. Self serving and justifiable.

Bob Denman
07-14-2013, 11:21 AM
:agree: Separating the, "Wheat from the Chaff", is what we do best! :D :thumbup: