PDA

View Full Version : Up date on my run,turn, brake module

Warlock
07-11-2013, 07:19 PM
I had posted about my problem. Custom Dynamic sent me a new piece to fix my fast blinking turn signals. Anyway same problem. Kelvin there tech guy has been great so far trying to solve this problem. We talked for quite a while today trying different things. No headway yet. Suppose to call tomorrow with more info. Even thou the problem isn't solved they are trying to make it work. So just wanted to say they are real champs so far at working at my problem.
David

gottago
07-11-2013, 08:08 PM
Glad their working with you. I have same issue, with fast blinking turn signals after installing Bright Sides and HMT third brake light on rear trunk of my 2013 RT-S. Let me know what they come up with, please..

Warlock
07-11-2013, 08:19 PM
Glad their working with you. I have same issue, with fast blinking turn signals after installing Bright Sides and HMT third brake light on rear trunk of my 2013 RT-S. Let me know what they come up with, please..
We have narrowed it down that it only does it when I plug the 2 brake lights in. Everything works fine and like it should until I hit the brakes. Then my signals start blinking real fast. I can let off the brake and signals return to normal blinking. Tried by passing the resistor on the main wire that is put in by them. Of course this is only done when Kelvin orders. Put him on speaker phone while trying different things. Maybe he will have the right info tomorrow.
david

gottago
07-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Thanks David. please keep me informed on results. I have worked with him before an dhe seems like a good guy....JIM

SpyderAnn01
07-11-2013, 08:57 PM
I wonder if anyone experienced this on older Spyders. I hadn't added many lights on my 2010 RT but I just put the TricLed fender lights/reflectors on my 2013 and they do blink faster like the instructions said they would. They start out blinking pretty fast and then they slow down closer to the normal speed.

SMAUG
01-14-2014, 05:56 PM
a friend and i have the same rapid blinking with HMT and turn signal LED - 2013 RT-LTD

jcthorne
01-15-2014, 07:54 AM
a friend and i have the same rapid blinking with HMT and turn signal LED - 2013 RT-LTD

I had the same problem and went several rounds with CD. They finally blamed my bike for being built incorrectly. Yea, guess they all are. Lamonster's 13 did it too, shows up in his videos, its a ground loop problem in the way they build the plug n play harness.

Trouble is any of the CD LED kits that use both stop and turn functions they use a common ground for them and both sides. This does not work on the 2013. The fast blinker is the nanny telling you that a turn bulb is burned out. Cross connection of the grounds for both circuits upsets Mary Poppins.

I figured out a wiring scheme for the HMT alone but you will not be able to use an LED turn signal that I have found. The brightsides saddle bag lights can tie to the running lights only, not the turn signals. Same trouble occurs with CD's stobe box. The circuits must remain separated.

I sent the info on how to correct the harness they sell to CD but they wanted no part of what I found. Decided to stick their heads in the sand and blame my bike. Yea. My choices were fix it myself and buy parts to do so or send it back. I was not impressed with their support. Products were fine when they work. You are on your own when they don't. They admitted to not testing them on a 13 claiming the diagrams show the circuit the same as a 12. Its not.

Larry rt
01-15-2014, 09:23 AM
If I understand correctly , the ground can only handle a certain amount ?
If that is the case , if you run a separate wire to the negative post to battery and use that for the ground connection , would that solve the issue ?

jcthorne
01-15-2014, 01:27 PM
No, the nanny uses current sensing in each circuit to determine when a bulb blows or other circuit failure occurs. Interconnection of the circuits drives Mary Poppins nuts.