PDA

View Full Version : Good Outcome from Broken Exhaust

Showie
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Specialty Recreation in Coeur D'Alene, Id. was very timely and complete in fixing my :spyder2: broken exhaust pipe. They have only had the franchise a few weeks. After seeing so many negative posts it is nice to be able to post something positive :2thumbs:. Tim, the tech, was professional and had completed the on-line training and will be going to AZ. next month. I was a little nervous when he told me he had been at Roundy's for 3.5 years. But must say many KUDUS :clap::yes: to Specialty Recreation and Tim. It is funny the byke is so much quieter than before the pipe completely broke. No missing the broken pipe :yikes:! Can hear the radio at 70mph. I'm beginning to wonder if it was cracked all along and the initial service was not performed properly:yikes:. Also, Tim replaced a left mirror that was under recall. Only had left in stock will get other when it arrives. I had no idea of recall :dontknow:. Oh well. 2013 RT

johnnyrocket
07-11-2013, 07:05 PM
Specialty Recreation in Coeur D'Alene, Id. was very timely and complete in fixing my :spyder2: broken exhaust pipe. They have only had the franchise a few weeks. After seeing so many negative posts it is nice to be able to post something positive :2thumbs:. Tim, the tech, was professional and had completed the on-line training and will be going to AZ. next month. I was a little nervous when he told me he had been at Roundy's for 3.5 years. But must say many KUDUS :clap::yes: to Specialty Recreation and Tim. It is funny the byke is so much quieter than before the pipe completely broke. No missing the broken pipe :yikes:! Can hear the radio at 70mph. I'm beginning to wonder if it was cracked all along and the initial service was not performed properly:yikes:. Also, Tim replaced a left mirror that was under recall. Only had left in stock will get other when it arrives. I had no idea of recall :dontknow:. Oh well. 2013 RT

What was the recall for on the mirror?

billybovine
07-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Glad to hear that it was fixed quickly and properly. That's how it should be and thanks for letting us know.

samewok
07-11-2013, 07:50 PM
What recall on mirrors?

gottago
07-11-2013, 07:51 PM
Glad you got your bike back and all went well. REALLY glad Tim worked out for you. I have stories from Roundy's about Tim. but I'm thinking their Moot. Mine goes in Tuesday(hoping for the best).:);)

Showie
07-11-2013, 10:36 PM
Recall was something on the top bracket where it kinda hinges and then the pegs on bottom hold it. The plastic can crack out on top bracket. I haven't got a notice.

Chupaca
07-11-2013, 11:14 PM
great to hear that you were so well taken care of...they go on the plus side...ryde on..!! :ohyea:

lil rabbit
07-12-2013, 05:31 AM
Showie,

Glad to hear you got your :spyder2: back, yeah it is nice to hear some positive feedback about dealers service and workmanship. :yes::thumbup::2thumbs: