PDA

View Full Version : Say it aint so...

DGUZZI
07-11-2013, 04:02 PM
Hi all, though new to the forum, we are not new to Spyders. My wife and I just traded in her 2010 RS SE5 for a new STS SE5. The RS was having shifting and flat spot issues the dealer just couldnt figure out. So after waiting a couple of days for the dealer to get the PDI done, we drove over to Durango and picked up the yellow beauty....and made it 5 miles. At the 1st stop light the oil light came on:yikes: I was pulling off there anyway, so I parked, shut it off and restarted it...now the light was blinking and the engine shut down, it restarted but the other oil light came on:sour: I called the dealer and took it back and they got it right in and hooked it up. Though the scanner said it had oil pressure the sender said it didnt. They also found it was over full on oil. They kept it overnight and decided the sender was at fault and pulled one off of a floor unit and delivered the STS to us 50 miles away:) I hope this isnt indicative of how this Spyder is going to be. Dave

SpyderAnn01
07-11-2013, 04:06 PM
I hope you have better luck in the future and get all of the gremlins behind you now.

Lamonster
07-11-2013, 04:06 PM
:welcome:
Hope this is the last hiccup you have. :pray:

Chupaca
07-11-2013, 04:12 PM
:welcome: pain in the :cus: but minor and now you can carry on with confidence..let us know how it differs from your 2010...:ohyea:

Bob Ledford
07-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Regardless of whatever happened it should not have happened. You are going to be so alert to any thing and every thing that looks, sounds or feels abnormal now.

Question did your dealer test ride your new Spyder for 10 miles or 50 feet?

DGUZZI
07-11-2013, 04:40 PM
He said he test road it about a mile, and that probably explains it. If anything angered me it was that (and driving 100 miles twice to pick it up). I've been in the auto industry 35 yrs, worked in several dealerships, and we always drove the PDI's 5-10 miles. We d#@$m near pulled out of the deal over it. Dave

Bob Denman
07-11-2013, 06:03 PM
Hi Dave!
:welcome: I'm sorry to hear that the second time around didn't start out as smoothly as you would have liked! :shocked:
Here's to hoping that it's the last issue to show up! :cheers:

ARtraveler
07-11-2013, 06:11 PM
In this round, I would give the dealer the blame. The machine should have been prepared and test ridden so that you could hop on your new machine and enjoy it from the start. Overfull on oil? What a way to introduce you to their "competent" mechanics. Bet you can't wait to take it back for more, some time. :(

Hope this is your first and last experience with stuff happening to your brand new :ani29:. :thumbup:

DGUZZI
07-11-2013, 09:50 PM
As you all can see, this is my wifes ride. We went for a 50 mile ride tonight and she LOVES it. She reports its much easier to ride, smoother in every respect. The steering concerns others have reported, my wife says is non existent, though she says its easier, as is everything, including cornering, the throttle, brakes, switches. She says it will take some getting used to but 2 big :thumbup:.

Saluda
07-12-2013, 04:29 AM
Glad to hear it.

CyncySpyder
07-12-2013, 06:23 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=64719&d=1363621102 (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2698&attachmentid=64718)

Bob Denman
07-12-2013, 06:50 AM
As you all can see, this is my wifes ride. We went for a 50 mile ride tonight and she LOVES it. She reports its much easier to ride, smoother in every respect. The steering concerns others have reported, my wife says is non existent, though she says its easier, as is everything, including cornering, the throttle, brakes, switches. She says it will take some getting used to but 2 big :thumbup:.

:thumbup: So when are we going to meet your Better Half? We'd love to hear her viewpoint also! :2thumbs:

Spyder Tony
07-14-2013, 12:57 AM
Hi all, though new to the forum, we are not new to Spyders. My wife and I just traded in her 2010 RS SE5 for a new STS SE5. The RS was having shifting and flat spot issues the dealer just couldnt figure out. So after waiting a couple of days for the dealer to get the PDI done, we drove over to Durango and picked up the yellow beauty....and made it 5 miles. At the 1st stop light the oil light came on:yikes: I was pulling off there anyway, so I parked, shut it off and restarted it...now the light was blinking and the engine shut down, it restarted but the other oil light came on:sour: I called the dealer and took it back and they got it right in and hooked it up. Though the scanner said it had oil pressure the sender said it didnt. They also found it was over full on oil. They kept it overnight and decided the sender was at fault and pulled one off of a floor unit and delivered the STS to us 50 miles away:) I hope this isnt indicative of how this Spyder is going to be. Dave

I too had intermittent problems with my newnST Limited. On the way home from the dealership i got the engine overheating light and had an inconsistent idl My bike is 3 weeks old and has been in the shop 5 times. I have always been happy with my acquisition (although she's been in the shop a lot) but now she sounds and performs like the sexy beast I kew she was. I had heard that the 1st service was important, but for me it made all the difference in the world.

DGUZZI
07-22-2013, 10:47 PM
Just wanted to update how things are going. Now with two weekend trips and 600 miles on the STS, it has been flawless. Non of the heat issues, or darting issues others have mentioned, though it is warm on the body work. After the 1st service its off to the muffler shop to get the CAT bypassed. My wife loves it. It does seem to be more picky about shifting it too soon, it really doesnt like to be lugged at all. Our 1st RS wasnt so picky.