PDA

View Full Version : air pressure guage

Doug
07-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Can anyone reccommend a tire guage that is user freindly for measuring air presssure on the back tire. BRP supplied one works well on the front ones, but on the back tire its hit and miss.

Bob Denman
07-11-2013, 11:48 AM
The valve stem is pretty flexible; tweak it up in the air a little bit, and the supplied gauge works pretty well... :shocked:

asp125
07-11-2013, 12:12 PM
I use one that looks like this. The 90 degree head makes checking a breeze and the bleed valve makes adjusting pressure a piece of cake, and compared to pen type tire gauges, it's got large numbers for my old eyes!

http://www.af1racing.com/store/ProdImages/st3/PURRA60X.jpg

Bob Ledford
07-11-2013, 01:10 PM
I got a dial gage with a holding pressure release and about 10 inch flex hose for $10 +\- at JP Cycles the Ormond Beaćh

Chupaca
07-11-2013, 01:19 PM
We see a lot about this. Double head truck style works well from the opposite side. They also now have valve caps that send pressure to reader on dash. This extension on valve makes it easier to fill. There are other extensions as well..:thumbup:

SPYDERFUZZ
07-11-2013, 02:00 PM
Can anyone reccommend a tire guage that is user freindly for measuring air presssure on the back tire. BRP supplied one works well on the front ones, but on the back tire its hit and miss.

Is there another Doug? I didn't start this thread. Doug I. The reason I use Doug I is because there is a son II and my :yes:grandson is III