PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Custom Dynamic handlbar riser installation

SpyderSue
07-11-2013, 08:03 AM
I'm sure this has been discussed, but I can't seem to find it when searching. I tried to install my Custom Dynamics risers yesterday, and couldn't get enough slack to even get the controls on the left side off the bike. Pulled out instrument panel, and it looks like the wire cluster runs into a black box and then vanishes. All the directions say to cut zip ties to make more room, but I couldn't find any way to access more cable. I have a 2009 GS SE5. Would love to get these on before my 4k plus mile trip to Salem Oregon and back the long way. We leave on Monday.
Feel free to send me a link to a prior discussion if you know where it is. I'm all good with that! Thanks!!!

NancysToy
07-11-2013, 08:10 AM
Take off the side panels and y-panel and trace the cables. You will find several zip ties.

SpyderSue
07-11-2013, 08:16 AM
Take off the side panels and y-panel and trace the cables. You will find several zip ties.

I was hoping you'd answer, Scotty. Did that - had all the panels off - wires just went into the black box. The only thing I didn't pull was the frunk.

SpyderSue
07-11-2013, 08:20 AM
I was hoping you'd answer, Scotty. Did that - had all the panels off - wires just went into the black box. The only thing I didn't pull was the frunk.

Do you supposed my 'black box' is a flight recorder? LOL!

cruizr
07-11-2013, 09:55 AM
In the very front of the spyder under the black snap on cover center of bike, there are some zipties. The last ones i found were on the right side between the coolant tank and center of the spyder. Get some one to lightly pull the wires on the left control you will
fill the wires moving ,then look for the zipties close in that area up front and cut it could be possibly two of them. Maybe this will help

KynardKnight6
10-22-2014, 06:29 AM
I bought the 4.5" risers and was looking for the same thing. Is there a video out there that shows the installation? I was able to remove and get the risers in position:2thumbs:, but could not find the slack to continue with the install:gaah:. If there is a video on how to get slack and how much, that would be helpful. Even pics would help. I am getting highway pegs as well. Any assistance would be helpful.

coz
10-22-2014, 04:05 PM
that i am aware of. take off the y panel on top, both front side panels. open the trunk and pull the piece that covers the fuse box area . you should now be able to trace all cables and wires back to where they start and see any zip ties along the way.

lawson001
10-24-2014, 10:06 PM
Key is removing as many zip ties as necessary. Have some new ones on hand to install as needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk