PDA

View Full Version : Who will be ryding the mountaiins of East TN and Western NC this summer?

cjackg
07-10-2013, 07:29 PM
I see mention by several SpyderLovers planning to ryde the mountain roads in this area in the next few weeks. If we can get some advance warning as to who is coming and when, maybe we can get together to welcome some of our visitors.

Lots of great rydes in the area, some even nicer than the Dragon and the Cherohala...

There are a fair number of SpyderLovers that reside in the area and many of us can offer facilities, parts & tools, insight into routes, dealer contacts, emergency help, advice, etc, etc.

So at least give us a heads-up if you plan to be in the area and we will be looking for you....:thumbup:

Jack (Chattanooga & Tellico Plains)

pwm
07-10-2013, 07:35 PM
I would like to make the ryde as well.

shreck
07-10-2013, 08:23 PM
We will be at the Econo-Lodge in Pigeon Forge 14-18 3 spyder 2 trikes and a Harley from pennsylvania.

La20614
07-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Will be in the area last week of August. Planning on doing the dragons tail.

Littlebadwolf
08-01-2013, 08:58 AM
Cindi & I will be in the Greeneville/Johnson City looking for houses the 17th-21st of August...We'll be on our Spyders...

MouthPiece
08-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Jack, it probably won't be August or September, but I'm hoping that Cindy will let me get away for about a week. I'd like to head up that way and ride.

Hope all is well and give Nancy our regards.

Chris

cjackg
08-04-2013, 08:29 PM
I am here camped near Asheville planning to ride the mtns several days this week.... Found out today the BRP is closed indefinitely on the stretch from Mt Mitchell to Asheville due to major split in the road. So, guess I'll be riding up I26 a ways to find some back roads... If anyone in the area is ready to ride let me know...:doorag:

SpyderRx
08-04-2013, 10:19 PM
Me and Spyder601 and a group of 2 wheelers plan to leave September 17th and head up that way. We will be staying in Townsend I believe and staying through Saturday. Can't wait!

pwm
08-05-2013, 08:18 AM
Me and Spyder601 and a group of 2 wheelers plan to leave September 17th and head up that way. We will be staying in Townsend I believe and staying through Saturday. Can't wait!Where in Townsend are you staying? The wife and I are talking about staying up there with the motor home and trailering the Spyder.

rick_w
08-05-2013, 09:57 AM
I see mention by several SpyderLovers planning to ryde the mountain roads in this area in the next few weeks. If we can get some advance warning as to who is coming and when, maybe we can get together to welcome some of our visitors.

Lots of great rydes in the area, some even nicer than the Dragon and the Cherohala...

There are a fair number of SpyderLovers that reside in the area and many of us can offer facilities, parts & tools, insight into routes, dealer contacts, emergency help, advice, etc, etc.

So at least give us a heads-up if you plan to be in the area and we will be looking for you....:thumbup:

Jack (Chattanooga & Tellico Plains)

We will be at Smokin in the Smokies from Sunday afternoon (September 15th - 20th) and leaving the next Friday morning.
It is at the Vacation Lodge Motel in Pigeon Forge. They have a BBQ (really good) in the parking lot late on Sunday Afternoon and we have our trailer opened up from about 3PM till 11PM or so. After that we ride every day, talk to everyone in the parking lot in the morning and evening and have a good time. We will have the trailer open Monday and Tuesday night only from about 8:30 PM till 11 PM or so. Lots of great people incredible riding.
We can not get one of my bikes and the Spyder in the trailer at once so we will just have the Spyder down there this year.
If anyone wants to go riding or come over and see us let us know. We are looking forward to the riding down there again this year.
Rick
Value-Accessories
http://www.crowshaven.com/SITS/SITS.htm

cjackg
08-06-2013, 06:13 PM
Is that trailer likely to be carrying a lot of Spyder accessories ?

SpyderRx
08-06-2013, 09:02 PM
Not sure exactly where. One of the guys I am going with is from East Tennessee and his grandparents live there and have a cabin there

Where in Townsend are you staying? The wife and I are talking about staying up there with the motor home and trailering the Spyder.

cjackg
08-07-2013, 04:22 PM
I am here camped near Asheville planning to ride the mtns several days this week.... Found out today the BRP is closed indefinitely on the stretch from Mt Mitchell to Asheville due to major split in the road. So, guess I'll be riding up I26 a ways to find some back roads... If anyone in the area is ready to ride let me know...:doorag:

I spent two days riding a bunch of twisty roads in the area, headed up I26 to Flagpond, then across & down US19-W, to Burnsville, then east to Hwy 80 and down to the BRP but could'nt do the BRP back to Asheville (due to closure) so I headed all the way down Hwy 80 to Marion and then back to Asheville via I40. The lower half of 80 is incredibly twisty!

I also rode the BRP from Asheville south over Mt Pisgah, down to Brevard and back, beautiful ride and lucked out with a beautiful day, no rain.

The BRP from Asheville up to Mt Mitchell is likely to be closed for a while for major repairs.... see article below from a week ago for details...

Here's a few pics from the rides...

73473 73474 73475 73476

cjackg
08-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Here's a recent pub by the Forest Service on roads & areas for enjoying the Fall Colors this year...

http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/nfsnc/home/?cid=STELPRDB5326570

cjackg
09-18-2013, 12:38 PM
See Forest Service bulletin re-opening the damaged section of the Blue Ridge Parkway between Asheville and Mt Mitchell...

http://www.nps.gov/blri/parknews/opening-of-temporary-bypass-at-milepost-374.htm