PDA

View Full Version : HELMET LED BRAKE LIGHTS (Wireless)

Gemboy
06-17-2008, 05:05 PM
Has anybody tried installing on the Spyder, the wireless LED brake light kit for you helmet? If no one's seen this yet here is the web site: www.ridesafer.com (Wireless helmet LED brake lights . $59.95)
I also have a LED Blinking Safety Vest for night rides. Legal in Pennsylvania. (Non Blinking for the states)

Better to be seen by one, then carried by six!

Magic Man
06-17-2008, 06:47 PM
These will not work on a Spyder as the computer will not "see" the LED tail light bulb because it draws so little current it will think the bulb is burnt out. It can also cause Check engine and Limp home mode problems as well.

MM

Gemboy
06-17-2008, 09:55 PM
Magicman,
Can't you use the Black Box Version for wire installation, and not use the Bulb Version?

Try these links; www.whitehorsepress.com/product_info.php?products_id=5361,
or www.Radiantz.com

Danimal
06-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Removed in protest of censorship. All of my tips will only be availabe elsewhere online.

Gemboy
06-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks I needed some positive reinforcement. Since I have to wait until my Red Spyder is shipped, I can't try it out yet. Maybe someone will try it before me and let me know if it works.
Contact me @ Gemboy4307@aol.com

Danimal
06-17-2008, 11:26 PM
Removed in protest of censorship. All of my tips will only be availabe elsewhere online.

Gemboy
06-17-2008, 11:34 PM
COOL , let me know.
Regards,Gemboy

bjt
06-18-2008, 04:50 AM
Product Detail

Not compatible with BMW motorcycles equipped with CANBUS and/or EVO systems. Not compatible with vintage positive ground motorcycles.

I don't want to rain on anyones parade but what about this statement? I know we aren't riding BMWs here, well except for Scotty ;D , but the Spyder does use a CANBUS system, right? I guess it doesn't hurt to try. The transmitter / black box system seems like it might not be any different than adding the Evoluzion brake light kit or NoMagicNeon's Triple Play as far as the electronics go.

theRED1
06-18-2008, 06:48 AM
I keep hearing (or reading rather) that a burnt bulb causes some sort of notification by the computer. I had a tail light burn out on my Spyder just two days after receiving it; actually it was just the running light filament in the bulb not the brake filament, and it caused no notification at all.

Gemboy
06-18-2008, 07:01 AM
ok, so someone has to try this, video the evidence.

Gemboy
06-18-2008, 07:03 AM
If it works, I'll import these from overseas and discount them big time for all Spyder riders!

Magic Man
06-18-2008, 07:24 AM
I keep hearing (or reading rather) that a burnt bulb causes some sort of notification by the computer. I had a tail light burn out on my Spyder just two days after receiving it; actually it was just the running light filament in the bulb not the brake filament, and it caused no notification at all.

Do anything to BOTH bulbs and the computer does react with a warning and limp mode. One out or changed will be OK. Now if you want to take and only run one bulb as an LED having it look out of place I guess you could? If you switch both over to LEDs the games will begin with the computer. This is fact not fiction. We having been trying for months to work around this computer problem so we could produce a High Output Genesis LED tail light. Mess with just one you're OK change both and its all bad.

MM

Gemboy
06-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Huh??? What did you say? Layman terms... So will it work or won't it?

ALIEN
06-18-2008, 10:19 PM
What is the difference using a Bulb version, over the Hard wire version? Electical is not my cup of tea.

Danimal
06-18-2008, 11:34 PM

ALIEN
06-19-2008, 07:51 AM
Thanks for the reply, how about what Magic man wrote?

Danimal
06-19-2008, 08:37 AM

spyderbitten
06-19-2008, 11:30 AM
Do anything to BOTH bulbs and the computer does react with a warning and limp mode. One out or changed will be OK. Now if you want to take and only run one bulb as an LED having it look out of place I guess you could? If you switch both over to LEDs the games will begin with the computer. This is fact not fiction. We having been trying for months to work around this computer problem so we could produce a High Output Genesis LED tail light. Mess with just one you're OK change both and its all bad.

MM

Magic Man,

Are you saying if both turn (rear) signal bulbs are replaced with LED's (as in the triple play) that this will cause problems

with the computer? I just installed my triple play last night. Hope I have not just set myself up for problems.

Mike

Danimal
06-19-2008, 11:32 AM

spyderbitten
06-19-2008, 12:08 PM
Danimal,

I'am hoping that is the case......it seems to work fine. I notice the 4 way flashers blink at twice the speed for

about the first 15-20 seconds, then slow to a normal flash rate. Anyone else notice this?

Mike

Magic Man
06-19-2008, 01:39 PM
Magic Man,

Are you saying if both turn (rear) signal bulbs are replaced with LED's (as in the triple play) that this will cause problems

with the computer? I just installed my triple play last night. Hope I have not just set myself up for problems.

Mike

You won't have any problems with your bike as we are not talking about turn signals in this post we were talking about the rear brake light bulbs.

Your Triple Play unit has a built in signal stabilizer to keep the flash rate stock on the turn signals when using the Genesis LEDs.

Danimal
06-19-2008, 02:24 PM

bjt
06-19-2008, 03:58 PM
Magic Man,

Mike

It's not the turn signals, it's the brake lights that can't be switched to LEDs. The Triple Play converts the turn signals to work in conjunction with the stock brake lights.

Lamonster
06-21-2008, 05:04 AM
For whatever reason I have noticed a speed difference in my turn signals......

When I turn LEFT.... it is a fast blink.... until I apply the brakes... then after 1-2 seconds it slows down.
When I turn RIGHT it only does the fast blink... the brakes don't make a difference.

I'm talking about my FRONT blinkers... haven't seen if the back ones act the same.

Not sure if it did this before I cannabilized it all to make the fenders blink......

I guess MM put a little more thought into his product than you thought. ;D

Magic Man
06-21-2008, 05:52 AM
I guess MM put a little more thought into his product than you thought. ;D

;D

bjt
06-21-2008, 06:51 AM
For whatever reason I have noticed a speed difference in my turn signals......

When I turn LEFT.... it is a fast blink.... until I apply the brakes... then after 1-2 seconds it slows down.
When I turn RIGHT it only does the fast blink... the brakes don't make a difference.

I'm talking about my FRONT blinkers... haven't seen if the back ones act the same.

Not sure if it did this before I cannabilized it all to make the fenders blink......

Is this with the Evoluzione module installed? Mine behaved similarly when the rear turn signals got plugged in incorrectly (I hope). If they are plugged in correctly I guess the Evoluzione module is bad. If that's the case, I'll be owing someone a refund unless Ken will back his product and replace it for them.

Roaddog2
06-22-2008, 07:33 PM
:spyder: This is just 2 --- for me I'd rather be carried bye 6 than wear a :edit: light on my helmet or head some things should be left for the big heavy cruisers out there thank the Lord they are wireless there would prob be more broken necks from people forgetting to unplug them :bigthumbsup:to each is own but this is not for me :bigthumbsup: :spyder:

Smylinacha
06-22-2008, 08:23 PM
:spyder: This is just 2 --- for me I'd rather be carried bye 6 than wear a :edit: light on my helmet or head some things should be left for the big heavy cruisers out there thank the Lord they are wireless there would prob be more broken necks from people forgetting to unplug them :bigthumbsup:to each is own but this is not for me :bigthumbsup: :spyder:

No :edit: - not for me either. I'm still bummed that I can't wear my shorty on it! I think w/ the fog lights and the headlights, that's enuf lights! And, knowing me, if they weren't wireless, I'd be the first one to break my neck ::)

Motza
11-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Has anybody tried installing on the Spyder, the wireless LED brake light kit for you helmet? If no one's seen this yet here is the web site: www.ridesafer.com (http://www.ridesafer.com) (Wireless helmet LED brake lights . $59.95)
I also have a LED Blinking Safety Vest for night rides. Legal in Pennsylvania. (Non Blinking for the states)

Here it is :clap:

Motza
11-04-2008, 10:09 PM
These will not work on a Spyder as the computer will not "see" the LED tail light bulb because it draws so little current it will think the bulb is burnt out. It can also cause Check engine and Limp home mode problems as well.

MM
Magic can you make it work now?

Motza
11-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Has anybody tried installing on the Spyder, the wireless LED brake light kit for you helmet? If no one's seen this yet here is the web site: www.ridesafer.com (http://www.ridesafer.com) (Wireless helmet LED brake lights . $59.95)

Motza (aka) Gemboy

steven888
11-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Some of us are over thinking everything about the spyder. This machine is so cool but so many can find a way to make it nerdy. Leave it alone. Enough with the lights it's not a christmas tree. :dontknow:

bone crusher
11-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Not a Christmas tree? If you put it nose down with the rear tire up, you could decorate it like a tree...I ordered the Triple Play...this should be nice and bright!

Motza
11-04-2008, 11:42 PM
Not a Christmas tree? If you put it nose down with the rear tire up, you could decorate it like a tree...I ordered the Triple Play...this should be nice and bright!
Right on ....besides we all like the Spyder and lets call it what it really is
Repeat after me, THE SPYDER LOOKS LIKE A SNOW MOBILE THE SPYDER LOOKS LIKE A WAVE RUNNER, were not in Kansas any more...Why do you think they are so cool, it's evolution. I cant wait till mine flies.
Bet you the next generation spyders have a different front end.

Crusher and I will light up the sky...
better to be seen by one than carried by six

Motza
11-04-2008, 11:45 PM
Some of us are over thinking everything about the spyder. This machine is so cool but so many can find a way to make it nerdy. Leave it alone. Enough with the lights it's not a christmas tree. :dontknow:
NERDY is not a nice word.
shame on you. Let the riders have fun and let the lights begin...you telling me you would'nt put some cool strip lights on your fenders, come on I'll even pay for the shipping.
www.radiantz.com (http://www.radiantz.com)

I'm going to put their strips on my fenders, they work as a low and high intensity running and brake light, avalable in different colors, watch the videos they have .

Magic Man
11-05-2008, 05:26 AM
Magic can you make it work now?

I always could make it work. :D

However, it is not a product we manufacture or carry so other than for myself there is has been reason to buy one and invest in the R&D to do so. :dontknow:

Sorry, but sometime business has to be about business too. :(

If the company who makes these want's to sell to the Spyder market they
too need to invest in owning a Spyder for R&D like we did. :shocked:

If you already bought one and can't make it work, if you want to send it to me I can see if the design I came up with to hook it in to the Spyder will work as designed. :thumbup:

MM

mcguire1511
08-05-2009, 11:55 PM
My 4-way flashers do the same thing, and I bet there are others that do that too, if that's normal than ok, if not than MM needs to look into that. I've had other issue with their products, and instead of taking your issue's seriously, they defend the product, as if you don't know what your talkiing about. They make good stuff, but so do others. In your case, even though you mentioned 4-way's, in a tail light conversation, MM should have address that for you.
Danimal,

I'am hoping that is the case......it seems to work fine. I notice the 4 way flashers blink at twice the speed for

about the first 15-20 seconds, then slow to a normal flash rate. Anyone else notice this?

Mike