PDA

View Full Version : I need to clean clear cover on insturment cluster

Dyno824
06-17-2008, 02:32 PM
I need some help here.I got what looks like a snail trail on the inside of clear cover on my instrument panel.I would like to clean, bugs me Bad.Anybody got that far with the cluster out? Or think i should let the dealer fix it.Dont know where it came from but it looks Bad.Thanks Den

Lamonster
06-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Pops out pretty easy. Give it a shot. :doorag:

Dyno824
06-17-2008, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the tip.By the way, just got back from test ride after installed Micron this morning.Talk about settin those chickens loose,or freeing up those ponies WOW.Thanks Lamonster,you had a great deal to do with this upgrade. :2excited: :bad2thebone: Den Oregon Coast

Dyno824
06-17-2008, 05:01 PM
Got it cleaned up,clear view.Thanks again Den :bigthumbsup:

mrb
06-25-2008, 05:38 PM
I need some help here.I got what looks like a snail trail on the inside of clear cover on my instrument panel.I would like to clean, bugs me Bad.Anybody got that far with the cluster out? Or think i should let the dealer fix it.Dont know where it came from but it looks Bad.Thanks Den

Hi
I too have the same "snail trail" under the clear cover over the tacho. I just have not done anything about it yet. Not adventurous enough to start ripping the console apart.
Martin #930

Dyno824
06-28-2008, 01:36 PM
It was real easy to do,small screwdriver all that was needed.Remember cluster goes back in bottom first.Don't like snail trails.