PDA

View Full Version : To use or not to use. Just not sure if any of these things will help.

Lone Spyder Ryder
07-10-2013, 02:40 PM
Long story short. Poor gas mileage 23-27 O9 Spyder. O8 Spyder 32-35. Stock with exception of Hindle exhaust. Will power commander or juice box or 02 sensor help. Not sure what to do...shop says running good. I do not agree but then all I do is ride it. Suggestions welcome thanks :popcorn:

Motorcycledave
07-20-2013, 09:12 PM
I have had mine for 1 year in August... I have always got 27 mpg
that's it ... my buick gets better milage, however I did not buy it for
gas milage.I posted the gas milage question long ago and got back
answers saying that's it that is what most every one gets...
so I just look for gas when it says 1/4 tank.
Dave

Long story short. Poor gas mileage 23-27 O9 Spyder. O8 Spyder 32-35. Stock with exception of Hindle exhaust. Will power commander or juice box or 02 sensor help. Not sure what to do...shop says running good. I do not agree but then all I do is ride it. Suggestions welcome thanks :popcorn:

lookerjdc
07-20-2013, 09:39 PM
sounds like you are shifting at low rpms

whats your driving style?

Flanker
07-20-2013, 10:35 PM
A hundred and one things can affect gas mileage............................the biggest being how hard you're routinely into the injectors during acceleration. If you decide to throw a fuel/ignition module on your ride.....................do yourself a favor and put a high flow filter in the air box too. I'm very happy with my JBP; I've got a professionally developed/mapped PC III on my ZX 14 and it is the bomb. I'm given to understand the PC V is the way to go now (with the auto tune feature). You should really do some reading online about these types of devices (fuel/ignition modules) before making a decision....................if it were me (and I obviously have) I'd go with a combo I felt was a proven performance enhancer (as that's what exhaust, intake, and fuel/ignition mods are all about anyway..................better mileage is SOMETIMES incidental). Good luck!

Showie
07-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Got my best gas mileage today keeping RPMs (as best I could) between 4000 and 5000 rpms. :yes: Seems kinds counter productive but keeping high RPM's means engine isn't lugging. :shocked: I was really surprised myself get 33+ with 2 up on a hot day. Said 105 degrees on mine and other thermos. nojoke Back roads was in 4th gear and down most of time 55mph and down. 2013 rt

Chupaca
07-20-2013, 11:39 PM
we have an 2012 RS SM5 with a Hindle exhaust and a K&N air filter. Generally shift at or around 6,000 rpm's and cruise about 5,000. We average 30 mpg's with as high as 37 mpg's. But ryding style, roads, speeds, rpm's, type of gas, weather etc does affect the mileage. We also knew coming into this world we were not getting mileage like a Mo-ped...:roflblack:

willey
07-20-2013, 11:39 PM
I go untill the red light comes on,fill er up and go untill the red light comes on again.I know it would scare me if I checked the mpg.

fjcady
07-28-2013, 09:44 PM
I agree we didnt buy it for the gas economy :yes::yes::yes::yes: