PDA

View Full Version : It takes all kinds

OldDog
07-09-2013, 03:36 PM
This post has not been approved by the Pot Stirrer Committee :joke::joke::joke::joke::joke:

It takes all kinds

Please read this with an open mind and hopefully a sense of humor. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

It appears that Spyderlovers is a pretty civil group based on the observations made of other forums. I would like to break down Spyderlovers posters into categories, if I may.
There are those whose Spyder experience has been trouble free and enjoyable based upon a couple of critical factors: a great dealer with competent technicians and open communication with BRP.

There are those some have called the apologists that blithely go on defending BRP despite glaring deficiencies in customer service, product engineering, and manufacturing practices, “Yeah that’s just the nature of the beast”.

There are the frustrated realists who post to vent their buyers remorse. “ I just bought this thing and it’s in the shop already for “fill in the blank.”

There are the annoying wannabes who reek enthusiasm and highjack every thread with “Ignorant wisdom” (hmm reminds me of someone) although they don’t own a Spyder.

There are the techies who are forever tweeking an RS into an RT, or an ST into an air conditioner. Man can’t leave things alone, hence the after market vendors. Their tweeking has resulted in a lot of improvement in the Spyder.

There are the hair triggers, who are ready to unload on anyone who voices an honest observation that is unflattering to BRP.

There are the trolls. “ If you don’t ride a Harley, Honda, BMW , you ain’t…”

Then there are those that just “ryde” … with a smile on their face.

I would like to predict that the Spyder will become a world class platform, hopefully sooner rather than later. Venues like Spyderfest and the Owner’s Event demonstrate the loyalty and following it has. The quest to be the best has only begun.

ARtraveler
07-09-2013, 03:51 PM
This post has not been approved by the Pot Stirrer Committee :joke::joke::joke::joke::joke:

It takes all kinds

Please read this with an open mind and hopefully a sense of humor. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

It appears that Spyderlovers is a pretty civil group based on the observations made of other forums. I would like to break down Spyderlovers posters into categories, if I may.
There are those whose Spyder experience has been trouble free and enjoyable based upon a couple of critical factors: a great dealer with competent technicians and open communication with BRP.

There are those some have called the apologists that blithely go on defending BRP despite glaring deficiencies in customer service, product engineering, and manufacturing practices, “Yeah that’s just the nature of the beast”.

There are the frustrated realists who post to vent their buyers remorse. “ I just bought this thing and it’s in the shop already for “fill in the blank.”

There are the annoying wannabes who wreak enthusiasm and highjack every thread with “Ignorant wisdom” (hmm reminds me of someone) although they don’t own a Spyder.

There are the techies who are forever tweeking an RS into an RT, or an ST into an air conditioner. Man can’t leave things alone, hence the after market vendors. Their tweeking has resulted in a lot of improvement in the Spyder.

There are the hair triggers, who are ready to unload on anyone who voices an honest observation that is unflattering to BRP.

There are the trolls. “ If you don’t ride a Harley, Honda, BMW , you ain’t…”

Then there are those that just “ryde” … with a smile on their face.

I would like to predict that the Spyder will become a world class platform, hopefully sooner rather than later. Venues like Spyderfest and the Owner’s Event demonstrate the loyalty and following it has. The quest to be the best has only begun.

You say some good things here that ring true. I wont argue any of the points. :thumbup:

finless
07-09-2013, 04:08 PM
I have no clue what category I fall into but for sure it is not the wannabee, troll, hater, or "hair trigger" proponent :)

Bob

asp125
07-09-2013, 04:25 PM
You forgot:

The BRP fanboys ..... worshipping BRP in the manner of Apple zealots.
The BRP sages .... ever helpful with a tip, or explanation of why it is the way it is, even though the question has been asked a zillion times.
The BRP noobs .... unaware of the community they have just signed onto, if they only knew.. ;)

Bob Ledford
07-09-2013, 04:37 PM
"OldDog" made some valued points and obviously feels them to be valid. Like others I wonder if has enough types or missed a couple that someone will pick up and add to.:agree:

Ga Blue Knight
07-09-2013, 05:21 PM
Then there is the group that I am a member of. " The hopelessly married to the Spyder Group" These are the folks who have owned a -------- (fill in the blank with a brand) motorcycle and switched to the Spyder and now is hopelessly married to it no matter how much I'd really like to have a HD TriGlide ,in my case, but can't give up my Spyder! I drool over the Harley but I just can't do it to my RT! She'd never forgive me. After all it's love at first bite.

Bob Denman
07-09-2013, 06:18 PM
:gaah: DAWG! :gaah:
I WANNA KNOW WHERE I FIT IN THAT PIECE OF :cus: THAT YOU ROTE!
IT BETER BE IN THE RITE PLCE, OR I'LL DRIVE MY SPYUDER TO YOUR HOUSE AND TAKE A :cus: IN YOUR FRONT LAWN!!!
;):roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rof lblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

ARtraveler
07-09-2013, 06:48 PM
IT BETER BE IN THE RITE PLCE, OR I'LL DRIVE MY SPYUDER TO YOUR HOUSE AND TAKE A :cus: IN YOUR FRONT LAWN!!!
;):roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::rof lblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Wow! Based on what you wrote, you must be one of those "hair trigger" guys. He did not say anything bad about BRP in this instance though. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
07-09-2013, 06:51 PM
:shocked: What? That must have been my evil Twin..:roflblack:
You know; "Doppelganger Bob"; he spells his name the OTHER way...

Chupaca
07-09-2013, 06:57 PM
and we just happen to have all kinds...there is one more which are the "lurkers" waiting to become one of those listed...!! :roflblack:

ARtraveler
07-09-2013, 06:58 PM
:shocked: What? That must have been my evil Twin..:roflblack:
You know; "Doppelganger Bob"; he spells his name the OTHER way...

Okay--Now we know. :thumbup:

OldDog
07-09-2013, 08:55 PM

I really am roflmao! That was a good one Bob!

Bob Denman
07-10-2013, 07:18 AM
:D :thumbup:
By the way; are you feeling a bit better? :shocked:

Ga Blue Knight
07-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Bob is ONE OF THOSE ALL CAPS HAIR TRIGGER SHOUTING ALL OF THE TIME KIND!!!!!!:roflblack:

not really he is more the :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown: kind!

Bob Denman
07-10-2013, 07:43 AM
Actually; I'd like to think that I'm one of those, "What the Heck was THAT"?? :shocked: kind of guys... :roflblack:

OldDog
07-10-2013, 07:48 AM
:D :thumbup:
By the way; are you feeling a bit better? :shocked:

Actually I am. Ironically I'm getting ready to go see my Kidney doctor as I write this. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
07-10-2013, 07:56 AM
:2thumbs:
Good Luck with your Nephrologist! (fill the bottle!) :thumbup:

Magdave
07-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Hmmm as a noob I just have to say Bob is a verb as well as a name :joke:

finless
07-10-2013, 12:03 PM
And Bob spelled backwards is still Bob!

What do you call a guy with no arms or legs floating in the ocean?

BOB :roflblack:

Bob

Bob Denman
07-10-2013, 01:22 PM
I'd call him, "popular" :D
To get out into the ocean; he'd need a long tongue that he could use like a propeller! :D