PDA

View Full Version : Weird shift issue on 2010 RS-S SE5

Y-me
07-09-2013, 03:15 PM
Hi all,

Something of an intermittant issue but when downshifting into 1st it seems that the clutch gets lazy and coasts before it engages hard sometimes causing rear tire to squeak. It does not happen all of the time and seems to only affect the shift down into 1st, not in any other gear. Allowing the SE to auto-downshift also does not seem to cause this.

Any idea of what it could be?

Regards,
Y

SpyRyd
07-09-2013, 03:51 PM
At what RPM are you downshifting to 1st gear when your rear tire squeaks?

Son_Of_A_Moose_88
07-09-2013, 04:35 PM
Last summer my clutch was replaced and that problem appeared immediately after that . Changed the oil & filter on a long road trip and problem persisted.Then back home I brought back the beast to my dealer for that specific problem and another oil & filter change and the problem disapeared and the dealer said that they found nothing wrong. Maybe just plugging the spyder on the computer changed some of the settings (Buds) Scared the living daylights :yikes:out of me the first time it happened since I was using engine compression and brakes prior entering a sharp curve.From second gear it appeared to go into neutral first , a second or so and them abruptly into first , so much so that the rear tire screached. Fallowing that first occurence I tried to not downshift from second to first and when I had to , if the hesitation happened I knew a brutal shift was coming up and braced myself. I didn't get that problem since. I suspect Buds

Happy motoring

Jeriatric
07-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Check your oil level(by the book). If that's not the culprit, then it's time to look further.

yrocodile
07-09-2013, 09:24 PM
Hi all,

Something of an intermittant issue but when downshifting into 1st it seems that the clutch gets lazy and coasts before it engages hard sometimes causing rear tire to squeak. It does not happen all of the time and seems to only affect the shift down into 1st, not in any other gear. Allowing the SE to auto-downshift also does not seem to cause this.

Regards,
Y
No idea? But my 12 rss se5 does the same thing. It started after it wa s in for the 600 milem service. I have taken it back to dealer ship they say nothing wrong. Fluid levels are right I check them regularly. I have notice it will happen more frequently manually downshifting at less than 3000 rpm. The road I live on has a very steep hill with a stop sign at the bottom so I have become very aware of it happening.

Warlock
07-10-2013, 12:26 AM
Hi all,

Regards,
YMine does the same thing. Must be something for I have noticed several people posting with this issue. I know mine does it and the oil level isn't low. I'm going to try down shifting before 3000 and see what happens.
david

blambert
07-11-2013, 12:34 AM
I have the same problem going hard into a curve and then trying to use first gear at high rpm and it coasts then catches spinning the rear tire. Power ride techs told me to use the brakes when going hard into the curve and not to downshift from second to first

yrocodile
07-12-2013, 06:55 PM
I have the same problem going hard into a curve and then trying to use first gear at high rpm and it coasts then catches spinning the rear tire. Power ride techs told me to use the brakes when going hard into the curve and not to downshift from second to first
I'm referring to coming to a stop or rolling around a corner