PDA

View Full Version : Top Side Panel

jthornton
07-08-2013, 06:21 PM
The curved thingys behind the tamper proof torx screws on the top side panels are pointed in what seems a random direction. I looked in my green manual but don't see a clear photo of how they are supposed to be pointed. Anyone know for sure which way they point?

Thanks
JT

SpyRyd
07-08-2013, 06:40 PM
The curved thingys behind the tamper proof torx screws on the top side panels are pointed in what seems a random direction. I looked in my green manual but don't see a clear photo of how they are supposed to be pointed. Anyone know for sure which way they point?

Thanks
JT

On my 12 RT there is an extrusion of plastic that keeps those curved thingys in what I can only guess is the proper pointing direction. My left side panel kinda sticks out further than my right side panel and I thought about adjusting the curved thingy but could not move it because of those plastic extrusions. All I was able to do is tighten them up a tad.

JJW SpyderRider
07-08-2013, 07:13 PM
On my 12 RT there is an extrusion of plastic that keeps those curved thingys in what I can only guess is the proper pointing direction. My left side panel kinda sticks out further than my right side panel and I thought about adjusting the curved thingy but could not move it because of those plastic extrusions. All I was able to do is tighten them up a tad.

:agree: And be careful when putting the panel back on, those grommets push through very easy.

jthornton
07-09-2013, 06:40 AM

Thanks, I'll look closer at them with my glasses on. One was replaced by the tech as it was broken on arrival and he did it without taking the panel off... hmm.

JT

Cruzr Joe
07-09-2013, 08:47 AM
Hey John,

:chat: they go thataway,

(sorry, i had to do it)

Cruzr Joe

jthornton
07-09-2013, 09:26 AM
Well after closer inspection there is only one way to mount the thing and the tech mounted wrong... I think the only tool I don't have is a tamper resistant torx bit!

JT

Cruzr Joe
07-09-2013, 09:34 AM
drill a hole in the one you have.

MidLifeCrisis
07-09-2013, 09:43 AM
Well after closer inspection there is only one way to mount the thing and the tech mounted wrong... I think the only tool I don't have is a tamper resistant torx bit!

JT

I thought those had plastic nuts behind them!? I seem to recall repointing mine fairly easily last year. If I'm thinking of the correct panel that is!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NancysToy
07-09-2013, 10:04 AM
They are factory mounted, so the tech did more than that, he just plain screwed up and loosened it in error. You'll have to buy a whole set of security bits...can't seem to buy just one. I haven't any in my vast collection of tools, either, if it makes you feel any better. :D

jthornton
07-09-2013, 10:46 AM
They are factory mounted, so the tech did more than that, he just plain screwed up and loosened it in error. You'll have to buy a whole set of security bits...can't seem to buy just one. I haven't any in my vast collection of tools, either, if it makes you feel any better. :D

Actually it was broken as well as other problems on the left side from the factory. Seems someone was having a bad day in Canada... the tech was trying to replace the broken part without taking the cover off. Next time I see him I will explain the error in his ways :lecturef_smilie:

McMaster Carr sells individual bits (I just ordered one along with a stock order). I hope I guessed correctly at the size:yikes:

JT

chisel_maker
07-09-2013, 10:52 AM
Whole set
http://www.homedepot.com/catalog/productImages/300/ff/ffc4e646-aeff-41a5-9eed-f00bcb34e0ff_300.jpg
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-32-Piece-Tamperproof-Bit-Set-32525/100647923

jthornton
07-09-2013, 11:29 AM
Whole set

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Klein-Tools-32-Piece-Tamperproof-Bit-Set-32525/100647923

And we even have a homedepot here in this little town... but they better look out Menards has started construction...

Thanks for the link
JT

SpyRyd
07-09-2013, 12:03 PM
Actually it was broken as well as other problems on the left side from the factory. Seems someone was having a bad day in Canada... the tech was trying to replace the broken part without taking the cover off. Next time I see him I will explain the error in his ways :lecturef_smilie:

McMaster Carr sells individual bits (I just ordered one along with a stock order). I hope I guessed correctly at the size:yikes:

JT

Correct size is T20. I bought a 100 piece security tool set at Harbor Freight for $15.00.

Elembytes
07-09-2013, 10:26 PM
And we even have a homedepot here in this little town... but they better look out Menards has started construction...

Thanks for the link
JT

Love Menards! They were going to build 6 of them in the KC area until certain things from "Washington" started to happen and they backed out of building here. We drive to St. Joe, MO to go to one or Minneapolis to a friend that lives there and visit one. FLEET FARM in MN is another great place! They call it the "MAN'S MALL!" Love it.

SpyderAnn01
07-10-2013, 12:41 AM
Save Big Money at Menards! I can still hear their commercials in my head.

jthornton
07-13-2013, 06:33 AM
Correct size is T20. I bought a 100 piece security tool set at Harbor Freight for $15.00.

Yea! My calibrated eye guessed the correct size...

JT