PDA

View Full Version : NoMagicNeon HID light review

bjt
06-16-2008, 10:19 PM
Man oh man! When I had the HIDs installed Saturday and just turned them on in the yard to try and video how much brighter they were than standard bulbs, I knew they were better but I didn't realize how much. When I rode home from work tonight, they really stood out. While riding through the city streetlights, they were obviously so much whiter than anything out there. Cars pulling up next to me almost seemed as if they didn't have their headlights turned on as the HIDs were overpowering them. And then when I flicked on the brights.... WOW!!! I was illuminating street signs well over 1/2 mile away. When dltang gets home, I'll let her try them out and get her reaction. They are awesome. Thanks Magic Man for getting this figured out for us and providing them at a reasonable price. These have now become one of the best upgrades I've made to my Spyder.

dltang
06-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Man oh man! When I had the HIDs installed Saturday and just turned them on in the yard to try and video how much brighter they were than standard bulbs, I knew they were better but I didn't realize how much. When I rode home from work tonight, they really stood out. While riding through the city streetlights, they were obviously so much whiter than anything out there. Cars pulling up next to me almost seemed as if they didn't have their headlights turned on as the HIDs were overpowering them. And then when I flicked on the brights.... WOW!!! I was illuminating street signs well over 1/2 mile away. When dltang gets home, I'll let her try them out and get her reaction. They are awesome. Thanks Magic Man for getting this figured out for us and providing them at a reasonable price. These have now become one of the best upgrades I've made to my Spyder.

I just got home a few minutes ago, about 11:30 pm, bjt was waiting for me in the garage. He said I should take his spyder for a ride but didn't say why. Now, it is pretty dark out where we live so I was riding home with my brights on except for when a car passed by. I took out bjt's spyder with the Nomagicneon HID's and oh my goodness. Huge difference. I think I could see better with his normal lights than I could with my brights. Everything was very crisp too. I then flicked on his brights. I can not even describe how much farther and better I could see. These will most definitely be my next mod on my spyder. A huge safety feature for sure.
Deb

dbnc
06-16-2008, 10:54 PM
ok I am sold /// sign me up // safety is #1

Lamonster
06-17-2008, 06:33 AM
ok I am sold /// sign me up // safety is #1

http://www.nomagicneon.com/HIDHeadlight.html :bigthumbsup:

LittleJohn
06-17-2008, 07:26 AM

Cool!!!!
What "temp" rating did you get?

Putt-Putt
06-17-2008, 07:29 AM

How much do these lights cost?

bjt
06-17-2008, 07:45 AM
Cool!!!!
What "temp" rating did you get?

I got the 8000K bulbs. They look great! Nice white light. It makes my wife's Silverstar upgrade bulbs, which we thought were white, look yellowish. 8)

Lamonster
06-17-2008, 07:47 AM

$349.
http://www.nomagicneon.com/HIDHeadlight.html

bjt
06-17-2008, 07:52 AM

Click on the link that lamonster provided. They cost $349 and the link has details of what the kit includes. You may also qualify for a 10% discount if you had signed up under a promotion that Magic Man had a while back.

dbnc
06-17-2008, 08:32 AM
HID will be on my next order without question..

first order:

fender lights and triple play

dltang
06-17-2008, 08:48 AM
HID will be on my next order without question..

first order:

fender lights and triple play

I know we have been promising video of all these lights but we just got it loaded on to our computer this morning. We will try to get the HID video comparison and Triple Play video up soon. I will see what I can do on my computer as well. We also want to take each Spyder for a ride at night and video while riding and compare that way for everyone too. We will keep you updated. One last thing, I just heard from Evan (Magic Man) this morning and we are going to try some LED lights in my fender tip blinker lights and compare the visibility of those as well. NoMagicNeon is most definitely the way to go for lights and a safer spyder.

bjt
06-20-2008, 04:25 PM
I did a little test / investigation last night and, with the brights lit on a flat straightaway, the HIDs light up streetsigns at least 0.8 miles away. Not just a blur like you can see something way out there but light them up so that they look like they are lighted signs. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

pphantom538
06-21-2008, 10:59 AM
I did a little test / investigation last night and, with the brights lit on a flat straightaway, the HIDs light up streetsigns at least 0.8 miles away. Not just a blur like you can see something way out there but light them up so that they look like they are lighted signs. :doorag: :bigthumbsup:

I am concerned, is the brightness or aim one that would interfer with oncomming traffic. I want more light but hate when an approaching car blinds me with their aftermarket lamps.

bjt
06-21-2008, 12:08 PM
I've ridden the Spyder exclusively for a week with the HIDs. I come home from work at 11pm and no car has flashed me when I ride on low beams. On high beams, they definitely would as the headlight shutters open up and really let the HID lamps project. Those shutters closing tone it right down. On low beams, besides being a whole lot whiter than the stock lights, the HIDs don't project any farther, higher up or any other way that should be annoying to oncoming traffic. If you feel that you have to ride with the high beams on all the time for your safety, then yes, you would be highly annoying to oncoming traffic.

pphantom538
06-21-2008, 12:38 PM
Thank you. Usually drive low beams if road is travelled. High beams similar to a car, when no other trafiic, twisties and wandering deer.

jedd
06-22-2008, 10:11 PM
would this kit work in the fog lights as well or is there a separate kit for fog lights,I would like all 4 lights HID if possible, riding alot at night with alot of deer, would all 4 HID's help this problem?

Magic Man
06-23-2008, 07:29 AM
would this kit work in the fog lights as well or is there a separate kit for fog lights,I would like all 4 lights HID if possible, riding alot at night with alot of deer, would all 4 HID's help this problem?

This kit is not made for the Fog lamp housings, as they use a different bulb. I think they use something in the 9000 bulb series family.

However, as I have said before with the HIDs on high, (and in your case Fog lamps too) it will be an incredible amount of light. Not one that would leave you wanting for more in almost any case.

MM

Rando
06-23-2008, 10:14 AM
The BRP fog lights are over priced. If you come out with an affordable setup, like the HID's, please let us know.

dltang
06-23-2008, 12:18 PM
The BRP fog lights are over priced. If you come out with an affordable setup, like the HID's, please let us know.

The BRP Fog light set up is only $399 and if you get a 10% discount that isn't all bad for the extra lights. It is the HID lights from BRP that are way out of line. I could be wrong as I have nothing to compare it too but I don't think $399 is all bad for those. Are there other options to do it less expensive? I am open to suggestions. I still do not have anything in my fog light area and would consider having some lights there as well if something good comes along.

one2doo
06-23-2008, 02:12 PM
I installed the HID lights and love them highly recomended! :bigthumbsup:

Magic Man
06-23-2008, 05:36 PM
We just got in the warmer white 4300K kits today for anybody that wants the warmer 4300K light.

MM

Napalmseth
06-23-2008, 06:21 PM

I know the BRP fog lights come with the replacement body parts so the lights actually fit. That could pose a problem for an aftermarket option.

spyderbitten
06-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Ok, I'am convinced I need the HID bulb kit from Magic Man. Called him earlier today and placed my order. Also had Pat add more Micro 9's and 18's to the order. I haven't even installed the LED kit I ordered last week yet, and ordered more today. Oh woe is me........why am I ordering all these mods? So many mods....so little time.....so little money.......PLEASE Magic Man......no more Spyder upgrades.......I can't stop..

Magic Man
06-25-2008, 03:16 PM
Ok, I'am convinced I need the HID bulb kit from Magic Man. Called him earlier today and placed my order. Also had Pat add more Micro 9's and 18's to the order. I haven't even installed the LED kit I ordered last week yet, and ordered more today. Oh woe is me........why am I ordering all these mods? So many mods....so little time.....so little money.......PLEASE Magic Man......no more Spyder upgrades.......I can't stop..
:a18: :hot:

Trypod
06-25-2008, 03:22 PM

I hear ya!!! Magic Man, Mad Matt, Ken.......geesh, i won't be getting them all, but enough. The only problem i have is when i become employed again, i still won't be seeing any of my money. :( But i will have one very good looking and performing :spyder: . I guess that's why they call it "disposable" income. :joke: :bigthumbsup:

spyderbitten
06-25-2008, 03:26 PM
Trypod,

I've pretty much disposed of mine.

sikhspyder
06-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Magicman do you still have the 10% discount running for spyderlovers. ;D

Magic Man
06-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Yes just click the link to join the Spyderlovers club on the home page here, then sign up for the Spyderlovers club on the Spyderryder site then we can help you out.

MM

bjt
06-25-2008, 07:37 PM
Yes just click the link to join the Spyderlovers club on the home page here, then sign up for the Spyderlovers club on the Spyderryder site then we can help you out.

MM

Extended by popular demand? ;D

Magic Man
06-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Extended by popular demand? ;D

Well, with Can-Am just starting to get the bikes out in real numbers now we had a good deal of people who did not have a chance to join back when we first did it. So, rather than make tham feel left out, we though we would offer this chance to join the club a bit longer to try to help everyone out. We must have at least 4 people a day ask so here we go again.

I hope everyonre takes this chance to join the Spyderlovers club on the home page link. Because this won't be offered forever. So all you Spyderlovers out there take a moment and join the club.

After all we're all SPYDERLOVERS at heart aren't we?

MM

pphantom538
06-25-2008, 10:03 PM
To the best forum and great group of people - cheers!

NancysToy
06-26-2008, 07:20 AM
Well, with Can-Am just starting to get the bikes out in real numbers now we had a good deal of people who did not have a chance to join back when we first did it. So, rather than make tham feel left out, we though we would offer this chance to join the club a bit longer to try to help everyone out. We must have at least 4 people a day ask so here we go again.

I hope everyonre takes this chance to join the Spyderlovers club on the home page link. Because this won't be offered forever. So all you Spyderlovers out there take a moment and join the club.

After all we're all SPYDERLOVERS at heart aren't we?

MM

I wish I could join. Wanted to before, but when I registered on SpyderRyder they never let me authenticate my registration, so I just keep getting errors. My email address is already in their database, so I can't try again. Catch 22. Guess I am out of luck, since they don't answer my emails for help.
-Scotty

Magic Man
06-26-2008, 08:12 AM
Scotty,

Was this just a comment, or is there something you need to get? If you need something, just give us a call and we'll see what we can do to help you out.

If it was only a comment, please know your not alone in having trouble with the BRP site as we hear this often. Maybe Lamonster should run it for them. ;D

MM

NancysToy
06-26-2008, 11:57 AM
Scotty,

Was this just a comment, or is there something you need to get? If you need something, just give us a call and we'll see what we can do to help you out.

If it was only a comment, please know your not alone in having trouble with the BRP site as we hear this often. Maybe Lamonster should run it for them. ;D

MM

Actually, I was mostly venting my frustation after all this time. We are considering some of your products, but the discount is not my focus. I just wanted to let out my unhappiness. Thanks for the concern, and for lending an ear. I feel a bit better now.
-Scotty

Magic Man
06-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Actually, I was mostly venting my frustation after all this time. We are considering some of your products, but the discount is not my focus. I just wanted to let out my unhappiness. Thanks for the concern, and for lending an ear. I feel a bit better now.
-Scotty

Scotty,

I'm sorry you have had such a hard time over at the BRP run site. But, please remember it was not any of NMN's or Spyderlovers fault, as we really want you to join the Spyderlovers club there. That is the reason why NMN is offering the discount to club members as a benefit of being a Spyderlovers club member.

I don't know why the BRP site makes it so hard for some people to get signed up? I had a problem there too the first time I tried to sign up?

Well, if you do ever need anything just give me a call and we'll help any way we can, because it is obvious you're a real Spyderlover at heart. :bigthumbsup:

MM

NancysToy
06-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Well, if you do ever need anything just give me a call and we'll help any way we can, because it is obvious you're a real Spyderlover at heart. :bigthumbsup:

MM

Thanks MM!

WaltH
06-26-2008, 07:45 PM
I wish I could join. Wanted to before, but when I registered on SpyderRyder they never let me authenticate my registration, so I just keep getting errors. My email address is already in their database, so I can't try again. Catch 22. Guess I am out of luck, since they don't answer my emails for help.
-Scotty

Same thing happened to me, but I was after the discount. No response to my plea for help. I had to give up not knowing what else to do.

Magic Man
06-26-2008, 08:18 PM
Same thing happened to me, but I was after the discount. No response to my plea for help. I had to give up not knowing what else to do.

Who did you plea too?

MM