PDA

View Full Version : Potential owner

Tanked
07-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Hi everyone. I'm giving serious thought to buying a Spyder RS-S. Anyone have any advice, or regrets with your Spyder?

Chupaca
07-07-2013, 02:54 AM
We have a 2012 RS manual have no regrets greatest machine we've ever had. Hope to see you on the road soon...:ohyea:

wyliec
07-07-2013, 07:11 AM
Problems with spyders???? Just ask DaveNur for an unbiased commentary. :joke:

I have a 2008 GS before they became the RS and then RS-S with extras. I've had it since Jan. 2009 and no problems; maybe a little blip here and there.

Tanked,

Don't take my first comment too seriously.

steve635
07-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Also have a '12 RS manual and not one problem or regret. '13s are a little more of a gamble, they've made some real improvements but it seems there are some first year bugs present on some bikes. If you go with a '12 or older model be sure to check back here as there are some easy, inexpensive mods you can do to dramatically improve the handling.

Bob Denman
07-07-2013, 07:47 AM
:welcome:
Regrets; aboslutely none!
But in the interest of unbiased reporting; it hasn't been a ride completely free of bumps along the way...
But the OVERALL experience of ownership has more than made up for a couple of issues with the bike over the past three years. :2thumbs:
And don't you just meet the GREATEST people in the World in these Spyder forums? ;) :thumbup:

Flanker
07-07-2013, 07:47 AM
We have a 2012 RS manual have no regrets greatest machine we've ever had. Hope to see you on the road soon...:ohyea:

Likewise!

Netminder
07-07-2013, 07:53 AM
2012 RT SE5 only smiles so far, just past 5k. If you are unsure maybe do like we did and rent one for the day before buying. Some dealers will even re-imburse you if you buy from them! Good luck and take advantage of all the great info and knowledgeable people on this site. I did those two things and it helped me make a more informed decision. No regrets, just lost of (s)miles!:thumbup:

scott16119
07-07-2013, 08:13 AM
I have a 2012 RT with 5,000 miles on it now. Never been to the shop, just oil changes and a little normal maintance is all it's needed so far. There are a few little things that could of been inproved on in my opinion. I've added afew of the most common aftermarket items on it and couldn;t be happier with it.

kentompkins
07-07-2013, 08:23 AM
PM sent.

ken tompkins

Pennyrick
07-07-2013, 08:27 AM
"regrets... I've had a few
But then again,
Too few to mention."

PrairieSpyder
07-07-2013, 08:36 AM
:welcome:
Regrets; aboslutely none!
But in the interest of unbiased reporting; it hasn't been a ride completely free of bumps along the way...
But the OVERALL experience of ownership has more than made up for a couple of issues with the bike over the past three years. :2thumbs:
And don't you just meet the GREATEST people in the World in these Spyder forums? ;) :thumbup:

:agree: and :welcome:

Oldmanzues
07-07-2013, 08:56 AM
I bought one of the first GS (later RS) Spyders. Plus's outnumbed minus by a 1000 to one. Old age and more then stick figure, along available storage space, had me getting a 2010 RT. Medical slowing me down to mostly short trips nowdays, but 21K fun miles on the RT.
You meet the nicest people on a Spyder. Oh I forgot that was Honda's saying, but it is true.
Oldmanzues

JJW SpyderRider
07-07-2013, 09:51 AM
I had an '09 GS and put 19500 miles on it before moving to the RT. Loved that trike and would have loved to be able to keep it also. No problems. With the back rest my wife and I rode up to 550 miles in a day and could have gone further if needed.

And Welcome to the party!

Ga Blue Knight
07-07-2013, 10:23 AM
On my second Spyder, no regrets best ride ever! Total of 28,800 trouble free Spydermiles, not even a blip! Also the safest ride on the road. Had a friend following me too closely on a victory cross country, I stopped, he didn't. He went down scrapped his elbow and knee, scratched up his left side of the bike, broken shifter lever and mirror. Me I heard a crunch, watched him flailing about, got off help him up. My syder had some of his white paint on my saddle bag (buffed out later). Oh by the way he is a MSF Motorcycle Instructor!

ARtraveler
07-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Four :spyder2:'s owned by me. 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011. Two GS/RS models and two RT models. Over 80,000 combined miles. Some quirks and issues, but nothing major.

I suggest test driving the model you are wanting, and seeing if it's for you. There has been a lot of discussions about the 2013's. I suggest you read about them and make a decision for yourself. There is a lot of pro and con information.

Let us know what you decide.

kepople
07-07-2013, 04:51 PM
We have had our RTS for about 380 miles so far... no regrets. Some things can always be better with any design, however so far mission has been accomplished... wife and I enjoy it to no end, and it is a common interest we share.