PDA

View Full Version : Met the spyders great uncle "Morgan"

Chupaca
07-07-2013, 02:49 AM
Had a great ryde yesterday 225 miles in the mountains back of San Diego ending near the coast at a place called Rainbow Oaks. While having lunch an antique car show showed up. An elderly couple with half helmets drove in great uncle Morgan. While they had lunch I sat with uncle Morgan who was disappointed with the changes giving ryders such grief. He said look on the hood you will see a rod sticking out of my gas cap, this gave us an accurate reading of gas in the tank (unless the cork fell off the other end). As for better cooling my engine was put up front for maximum air flow. The heat problems were minimized by those bullet looking mufflers under the engine. No long pipes that could crack in half. With the gas tank above your legs, no boiling gasoline. Those loose battery connections and dead battery problems were eliminated by putting a crank in that square hole in the bottom of my grille and turning over the engine starting her right up. Suspension..just look at those springs and shocks..add the spoked wheels rydes smooth. Could have gone on but lunch was over and off he went. Tags were dated Dec. 1934 and still going strong. Oh!, and the only nanny we worried about was home taking care of the kids...

71273 71274 71275

EnjoyingTheRyde
07-07-2013, 04:55 AM
Nice!

Bob Denman
07-07-2013, 05:16 AM
You found a great piece of History in your travels... :2thumbs:
Fuel Gauges: Who in here can explain the finer points of the fuel gauge that was used on Ford's Model T?

ARtraveler
07-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Thanks for posting. NEAT!!!