PDA

View Full Version : Sport/Touring Windshield, what's the 411?

Gemboy
06-16-2008, 04:52 PM
DOES THE BRP SPORT/TOURING WINDSHIELD HAVE ANY BENEFIT OVER THE STANDARD WINDSHIELD?
IS IT A WASTE OF $$$, OR A MUST HAVE?

frleo
06-16-2008, 05:05 PM
This is one of the most discussed and debated issues on these forums.
Some have had custom windshields made and love them - others have installed custom shields and removed them for various reasons.
I have the cruiser windshield and it is adequate for my style of riding. HOW you ride seems to be the deciding factor. Long distance riders bothered by wind seem to appreciate taller custom shields.
Unfortunately, it seems to be a trial and error determination.
---leo---

bjt
06-16-2008, 05:13 PM
This is one of the most discussed and debated issues on these forums.
Some have had custom windshields made and love them - others have installed custom shields and removed them for various reasons.
I have the cruiser windshield and it is adequate for my style of riding. HOW you ride seems to be the deciding factor. Long distance riders bothered by wind seem to appreciate taller custom shields.
Unfortunately, it seems to be a trial and error determination.
---leo---

:agree:

It's all personal preference. I personally like the looks of the Touring windshield but I notice no wind difference between that and the stock windshield. Because of that, I kept the stock windshield on mine and saved a few bucks. For wind protection when needed, my wife and I both ordered new windshield from Marcel July (http://www.f1windshields.com/). She got the F1 and I got the Evolution II. They work really well for getting the wind off your body but may cause other riding issues until you tweak them to best fit you. She is currently riding with the F1 on her Spyder full time but I take off my Evo II and ride around town with the stock windshield. When I go on long trips that require sustained highway riding at 60+ MPH, I put on the Evo II.

McGone
06-16-2008, 05:28 PM
I see Marcel has the F1 Evolution III pictures on his web site. Has anyone heard the price or ridden with one?
:doorag:

Tonga
06-16-2008, 05:36 PM
I see Marcel has the F1 Evolution III pictures on his web site. Has anyone heard the price or ridden with one?
:doorag:
I saw $299.00 plus frieght of $59.00 for the new EVO III

MOTZA
06-18-2008, 02:05 PM
Has anyone used the Corbin windshield yet. Any feedback?