PDA

View Full Version : Missing Gas cap replacement

Dirtnapper
07-06-2013, 08:36 PM
Ok, I am totally convinced there are a lot of *******s out there. I stop to get gas, fill it up, replace the gas cap (I'm positive of this because I always check), pull the bike up to the store to get a few things and when i get back to my bike I smell the gas fumes. I open up the seat and the cap is gone! Some *******, while i was in the store pulled up my seat and stole the damn gas cap WTF?

But anyway is there any kind of replacement that i can get? Are they all universal? I know there was a recall due to leaking fumes but the cap cant be proprietary, there has to be other caps that will fit this. Please help before I catch fire! lol thanks.

bcoulter19
07-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Pm sent

NancysToy
07-06-2013, 08:59 PM
I take it your seat doesn't lock?

Dirtnapper
07-06-2013, 09:05 PM
I take it your seat doesn't lock?

It does lock but you can still pull up on the corner of the seat far enough to pull the cap off. I noticed that whoever the a$$hole was that stole it kinda bent the seat up a bit. Not really noticeable when the seat is down or up but if you pull up on it you can see how it was previously bent a bit to get to the cap.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that I have a 2013 rs so it doesn't have the fancy seat that the st or the rt have.

NancysToy
07-06-2013, 09:31 PM
I guess it beats being keyed. Tough neighborhood!

FIRECAT
07-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Five months ago BRP sent me a new gas cap under warranty bulletin so I have The old If you know anyone with the 08 GS they will have a spare I find it hard to believe anyone would pop her seat and steal your I think you forgot it somewhere

ulflyer
07-09-2013, 03:41 PM
Stant makes a cap that fits. I have one on mine now to see if it seems tighter than OEM replacement which seems to me not to tighten well enuf. Any auto store, junk yard, etc will have them; they're pretty much universal I think. At least it will provide you with a temporary cap.

ARtraveler
07-09-2013, 03:55 PM
Sounds like your gas cap got stolen. You have to wonder what goes through a persons mind sometimes. Hopefully, they did not add anything "special" to the tank for you. :sour:

You should be able to get a replacement OEM gas cap from the dealer if you don't want to try to find one that works in the aftermarket.

Bob Denman
07-10-2013, 01:30 PM
Waiting to hear what happens next... :bbq::bbq::bbq: