PDA

View Full Version : Up Coming Caswell Rides

Paula(Butch2025)
07-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Get your parade wave ready!!! Our next Caswell Ride is coming up on Saturday, July 27. We'll start the day with a ride (meet at 9am at Caswell Cycle in Mora) leaving at 10am and heading north to Cloquet for lunch at Gordy's Hi Hat (yum). Then we'll head back to Mora, clean up our spyders and join the Caswell Cycle unit in the Kanabec County Fair Parade down Main St. of Mora. Afterwards we'll go back to the Caswell's and have hot dogs and burgers. Sure hope you can all join us!!!

The next ride will be our overnighter!!! August 31-September 2 We'll head to Red Wing, MN for the first night. In the morning we'll leave around 9am heading south of Winona to tour the beautiful countryside, then head into WI for the night. Monday morning we'll take off after breakfast heading north on the WI side up Hwy 35 along the river. As we firm up the details of the motels we'll let you know. Come for the whole weekend or parts of it!!!

Our September 28th ride could be another overnighter (one night) down to New Ulm, MN. What do you think? If we're not ready for another overnighter Plan B is to take a ride southwest to Wilmar. Either way it will be a great ride. Let us know what you'd like.

Then in October we will have our End of the Year Ride & Pot Luck on October 12. Les is calling it the "Mystery Ride", I think he's not sure where it'll be yet and thought that sounded fun!

So put these dates on your calendars, (they are a bit different than our original list of rides) and come join us!!!

--Paula

eagle
07-06-2013, 05:03 PM
Thanks for all the info. Will do some thinking about the Sept. 28 ride, may come up with some ideas of Willmar or Alexandria or so.

Paula(Butch2025)
07-06-2013, 05:04 PM
Thanks for all the info. Will do some thinking about the Sept. 28 ride, may come up with some ideas of Willmar or Alexandria or so.
Excellent!!! I figured you Benson Boys would have some ideas of good places to see and eat at!!!

JJW SpyderRider
07-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Get your parade wave ready!!! Our next Caswell Ride is coming up on Saturday, July 27. We'll start the day with a ride (meet at 9am at Caswell Cycle in Mora) leaving at 10am and heading north to Cloquet for lunch at Gordy's Hi Hat (yum). Then we'll head back to Mora, clean up our spyders and join the Caswell Cycle unit in the Kanabec County Fair Parade down Main St. of Mora. Afterwards we'll go back to the Caswell's and have hot dogs and burgers. Sure hope you can all join us!!!

The next ride will be our overnighter!!! August 31-September 2 We'll head to Red Wing, MN for the first night. In the morning we'll leave around 9am heading south of Winona to tour the beautiful countryside, then head into WI for the night. Monday morning we'll take off after breakfast heading north on the WI side up Hwy 35 along the river. As we firm up the details of the motels we'll let you know. Come for the whole weekend or parts of it!!!

Our September 28th ride could be another overnighter (one night) down to New Ulm, MN. What do you think? If we're not ready for another overnighter Plan B is to take a ride southwest to Wilmar. Either way it will be a great ride. Let us know what you'd like.

Then in October we will have our End of the Year Ride & Pot Luck on October 12. Les is calling it the "Mystery Ride", I think he's not sure where it'll be yet and thought that sounded fun!

So put these dates on your calendars, (they are a bit different than our original list of rides) and come join us!!!

--Paula
Paula, If you're looking for a good place to eat in Red Wing I would recommend the Smokin Oak BBQ :yes::yes::yes: They have a party room you can reserve that hold 25+. Great food!

http://www.thesmokinoak.com/contact.htm

Grandpa Pete
07-06-2013, 06:04 PM
Way cool..These next rides sound like a blast and a half:2thumbs::2thumbs: CYA there:ohyea: Pete

Paula(Butch2025)
07-08-2013, 01:11 PM
In Red Wing, MN (Aug. 31) we be staying at the Rodeway Inn (651.388.1502): We have reserved a block of 15 rooms. If you are planning on attending this ride please make your reservations by July 30. Tell them you are with the Caswell Riders. On Sunday (Sept. 1) we will be staying in Onalaska, WI staying at the Microtel Inn (608.783.0833) the same deadline as above and the same group name.

If you are planning on joining us just remember to reserve your rooms at each hotel by July 30 - after that they will release the remaining rooms.

Looking forward to this ride down by the big river, hope to see you all there. Paula

Paula(Butch2025)
07-22-2013, 11:23 AM
In Red Wing, MN (Aug. 31) we be staying at the Rodeway Inn (651.388.1502): We have reserved a block of 15 rooms. If you are planning on attending this ride please make your reservations by July 30. Tell them you are with the Caswell Riders. On Sunday (Sept. 1) we will be staying in Onalaska, WI staying at the Microtel Inn (608.783.0833) the same deadline as above and the same group name.

If you are planning on joining us just remember to reserve your rooms at each hotel by July 30 - after that they will release the remaining rooms.

Looking forward to this ride down by the big river, hope to see you all there. Paula

:lecturef_smilie:Don't forget the deadline for making reservations for this ride is coming up quickly!!! Act now so that you don't have to sleep on your Spyder...of course if you have a trailer then you could sleep in that!!!:roflblack:

Paula(Butch2025)
07-30-2013, 09:04 PM
:lecturef_smilie:Don't forget the deadline for making reservations for this ride is coming up quickly!!! Act now so that you don't have to sleep on your Spyder...of course if you have a trailer then you could sleep in that!!!:roflblack:
Last chance to make motel reservations with group...don't miss out on this fun trip.

Paula(Butch2025)
08-25-2013, 02:13 PM
Paula, If you're looking for a good place to eat in Red Wing I would recommend the Smokin Oak BBQ :yes::yes::yes: They have a party room you can reserve that hold 25+. Great food!

Took your advise and booked their party room for Saturday night...thanks for the recommendation.:clap:

Paula(Butch2025)
08-26-2013, 10:59 AM
Hello Everyone:

Our ride is getting close and I wanted to share with you the name of the restaurant and the time we are meeting there. We have the party room reserved at The Smokin' Oak Rotisserie and Grill in Red Wing for 6:30pm on Saturday evening, August 31 ( it is in my name, Paula Anderson) Here is there website if you like to view the menu and get the address: http://www.thesmokinoak.com/

Just so that we are clear on this part, there really isn't going to be an organized ride down to Red Wing. If people want to group up to ride down together feel free to do so. Our official gathering time and place will be at The Smokin' Oak. This way you can travel down that way at your lesiure or desired pace. Then on Sunday morning after breakfast we'll head out to tour the countryside as a group and end up in Onalaska, WI for the night. Les has a nice 100 mile or so route for us and it sounds like a beautiful ride.

For those of you that want to travel down with Les & Kaye, they cannot leave until the shop closes, so that would be around 3 or 3:30 in the afternoon. Make sure to contact them at Caswell's and let them know that you are joining them.

I look forward to seeing you all there and we'll be meeting some new Minnesota Spyderlovers too!!!

Paula

fireplug98
09-08-2013, 10:00 PM

--Paula

I'm up for an overnight again Sept 28th. !!

SpyderDeb
09-08-2013, 10:42 PM
I'm ready for an overnight trip :yes:!!! That is providing we are back from riding the rest of the New England states :clap:. The plan is to leave Sat the 14th and return the 23rd. Alaska and Hawaii will be the only two states left!!! I'll need to get that state plate for my bike!! I'll keep checking the site while we are gone ;) I need to add Florida and Michigan to my states that I've ridden in. W...a...y...n...e........................

Paula(Butch2025)
09-09-2013, 07:10 AM
I'm ready for an overnight trip :yes:!!! That is providing we are back from riding the rest of the New England states :clap:. The plan is to leave Sat the 14th and return the 23rd. Alaska and Hawaii will be the only two states left!!! I'll need to get that state plate for my bike!! I'll keep checking the site while we are gone ;) I need to add Florida and Michigan to my states that I've ridden in. W...a...y...n...e........................

Wayne, you better get that trip/route map out and get planning!!! Have a safe trip and we'll see you when you get back.

Paula(Butch2025)
09-09-2013, 07:12 AM
I'm up for an overnight again Sept 28th. !!
Tommy, you can make any of our rides into an overnighter!!!! Just need to pick out a motel!

Paula(Butch2025)
09-12-2013, 08:14 PM

Thank you so much for the recommendation. Everyone loved the food!!!!!