PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Road kit

Topshotta
07-06-2013, 12:45 PM
All,
looking to put an emergency kit together for tire repair. What do you use, that can be stored in the frunk?

Thank you

nutz
07-06-2013, 12:51 PM
I bought a kit at WalMart for 29.95 that has everything including a compressor and green slime sealant. Have carried it with my bikes for 5 years.

Topshotta
07-06-2013, 01:07 PM
I bought a kit at WalMart for 29.95 that has everything including a compressor and green slime sealant. Have carried it with my bikes for 5 years.

Could you tell me what kit is called?

boborgera
07-06-2013, 02:03 PM
Could you tell me what kit is called?

Slime, In the auto section of Walmart, With all the other Slime and other tire repair products.:thumbup:

Topshotta
07-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Slime, In the auto section of Walmart, With all the other Slime and other tire repair products.:thumbup:

Heading over to Walmart.

Topshotta
07-06-2013, 04:23 PM

Would the kit for the motorcycle/ATV work for the :spyder2: or do I need the auto kit since we use regular size tires? I like the motorcycle kit sine I can connect it to the battery.

boborgera
07-06-2013, 05:10 PM
Would the kit for the motorcycle/ATV work for the :spyder2: or do I need the auto kit since we use regular size tires? I like the motorcycle kit sine I can connect it to the battery.

What ever is easy for you, Besides I doubt you'll get 3 flats at the same time, So the atv should work on one flat. Which by the way flats are rare nowdays, The last one I had was over six years ago...
[Knock on wood]

NancysToy
07-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I prefer the Stop-N-Go mushroom plug kit. They also sell one with a compressor, but I carry a Slime or a Sears compressor.

MikeinGA
07-06-2013, 09:23 PM
Don't forget a first aid kit, flash light, duct tape, mechanic wire, water, and, snack food (for you). That's IMHO.

Mike

NancysToy
07-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Don't forget a first aid kit, flash light, duct tape, mechanic wire, water, and, snack food (for you). That's IMHO.

Mike
All essentials...and there are other additions. A lot depends on the ability and experience of the rider. Road service, cell phone, credit card, and some cash stashed away in a safe place are key additions for anyone...and don't forget a spare key.

bikeguy
07-06-2013, 11:15 PM
A Stop n Go kit with the compressor. Cotton

SPYDERFUZZ
07-07-2013, 09:18 AM

Don't ever put that "tire repair" to fix a flat. It will throw the balance off of your wheel. You won't notice it until you see tire waire. Doug I

:banghead:

Chupaca
07-07-2013, 10:48 AM
we prefer to plug rather than liquid fill the tire. We carry a plug kit and co2 inflator. First aid kit, cell phones, credit cards, cash and AAA. We ryde the RS having less space so pack according to travel plans. Just the way we roll..!! :thumbup: