PDA

View Full Version : Attention" RED NECKS" & Waanbes

Jeriatric
07-06-2013, 11:57 AM
There's an old tale about this ole boy who's wife sent him to town for groceries and something to BBQ.

Being a good red neck he knew how to shop for BBQ meat. He'd stop at each and every road kill on his way to town. Marking each by circling it with chalk. This way he'd know fresh, from not so fresh, on his trip home.

Anyway.......if this is you, or think it could be. You're likely to find this helpful.

Heartbreaking news for all the gustatory adventurers who love a good armadillo burger: eating one may cost you an arm and a leg...literally, because researchers have now found a definitive link between armadillos and human leprosy cases.

Armadillos have never been among the cuddly creatures routinely included in petting zoos, but on Wednesday federal researchers offered a compelling reason to avoid contact with the armored animals altogether: They are a source of leprosy infections in humans. Using genetic sequencing machines, researchers were able to confirm that about a third of the leprosy cases that arise each year in the United States almost certainly result from contact with infected armadillos. The cases are concentrated in Louisiana and Texas, where some people hunt, skin and eat armadillos. Leprosy, also known as Hansen’s disease, is an ancient scourge that has largely disappeared, but each year about 150 to 250 people in the United States and 250,000 in the world contract the illness. As long as the disease is identified relatively quickly, treatment with antibiotics — a one- to two-year regimen with three different drugs — offers an effective cure. But every year dozens of people in the United States do not recognize their skin lesions for what they are early enough and suffer lifelong nerve damage as a result.

http://www.fieldandstream.com/blogs/field-notes/2011/04/researchers-armadillos-can-give-people-leprosy

just trying to be a good neighbor :roflblack:

CruiseRT
07-06-2013, 12:51 PM
"Hey watch this" rednecks famous last words.:roflblack:

MouthPiece
07-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Comin from this good ole boy redneck from Central Flarda, the moral of this story is to:

EAT MO POSSUM!!!!

Chris

2Paw
07-06-2013, 01:48 PM
"Hey watch this" rednecks famous last words.:roflblack:

I thought they were " Hold my Beer" :roflblack:

CruiseRT
07-06-2013, 02:12 PM
Either way same results.

GloryRyders
07-06-2013, 02:35 PM
:gaah:

Bob Denman
07-06-2013, 04:23 PM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_20_7.gif

WV Spyder Ryder
07-06-2013, 07:51 PM
Hey, everyone here knows if you fix your possum right it taste like chicken!!!:clap::yes::yes::roflblack:

missouriboy
07-07-2013, 07:23 AM
...Heartbreaking news for all the gustatory adventurers who love a good armadillo burger...'Round hyar it's a special delicacy called Possum On The Half-Shell.

Bob Denman
07-07-2013, 08:10 AM
With enough bacon and hot sauce; how bad can it be? :thumbup:
(They aways SWORE that since I used so much of both of them as "flavor enhancers"; thery were gonna fry up a moose turd one day for me! :shocked: I don't know if they ever did or not, but nothing ever got spit back up! :D)