PDA

View Full Version : IE Stop running this script - message

Jeriatric
07-06-2013, 09:34 AM
"A script on this page is causing IE to run slowly"

A few days ago this message started popping up each time a new thread is opened.:gaah:

It started occurring after having logged off and then signing back in on SL. No idea if this has anything to do with the problem. Just mention it because it's the only thing I can identify as having been done prior to the problem starting.

Any ideas how to correct? :dontknow:

Thanks

54spyder
07-06-2013, 09:52 AM
"A script on this page is causing IE to run slowly"

A few days ago this message started popping up each time a new thread is opened.:gaah:

It started occurring after having logged off and then signing back in on SL. No idea if this has anything to do with the problem. Just mention it because it's the only thing I can identify as having been done prior to the problem starting.

Any ideas how to correct? :dontknow:

Thanks

I am having the same problem. Seems to have happened when I changed the compatibility mode.

Jeriatric
07-06-2013, 10:02 AM
Unchecked compatibility mode and all is OK now..........scratches head......computers:gaah:

Jeriatric
07-06-2013, 10:07 AM
Hey Jerbear did you uncheck the compatibility mode?
I'm sure that will cure your problem.

Check.......unchecked :doorag:

Thansk Rog :thumbup:

54spyder
07-06-2013, 10:10 AM
Hey Jerbear did you uncheck the compatibility mode?
I'm sure that will cure your problem.

Did that and now I can't post a paragraph :banghead:

Jeriatric
07-06-2013, 10:13 AM

Paragraph test.

Yep mines working. :dontknow:

Jeriatric
07-06-2013, 10:15 AM

What version IE are you running? I'm 8 or so.......with no plans of changing.

finless
07-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Sometimes when you change compatibility mode you need to clear your cache.
Set compatibility mode.
Close all browsers
Open browser
Go to tools>internet options and under the general tab click the Delete history button.
Uncheck everything except Temporary Internet Files and click the delete button.
Once done, close the browser again and re-open.

Bob

54spyder
07-06-2013, 10:48 AM
What version IE are you running? I'm 8 or so.......with no plans of changing.

Running IE 10

54spyder
07-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Sometimes when you change compatibility mode you need to clear your cache.
Set compatibility mode.
Close all browsers
Open browser
Go to tools>internet options and under the general tab click the Delete history button.
Uncheck everything except Temporary Internet Files and click the delete button.
Once done, close the browser again and re-open.

Bob

Let me give that a shot, thanks!

ARtraveler
07-06-2013, 03:43 PM
IE10 seems to cause the paragraph glitch. I allowed an automatic update--it loaded IE10 and then the problems began. I did the undo thing on my computer and now it is happy again.

I use Yahoo as a garbage e-mail service, and the script message as mentioned above has been coming on from time to time. I will check the incompatability thing next time I am over there.

Sorry about the non-technical jargon--but I am not the expert on computer issues.

Lamonster
07-06-2013, 03:55 PM
I just had to get my wife setup with Firefox because the back button quit working on a page she visits all the time (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html) and it has that script running timeout message too. IE 10 is one screwed up browser. :banghead:

finless
07-06-2013, 03:58 PM
I am using IE 10 and have been since it came out. No issues here other than having to turn on compatibility mode for some websites.

FYI I run a few forums myself using Vbulletin. People complained when we upgraded to Vbulletin 4.2 and we also had some new security issues so we went back to Vbulletin 4.1.10

Bob

finless
07-06-2013, 04:35 PM
FYI, I just remembered. VBulletin 4.2 and the WYSIWYG editor has problems with IE 10.

Go into your user profile settings and turn of the WYSIWYG and turn on the Standard editor.
This selection is at the bottom of your user profile "general settings".

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
Basic Editor - A simple text box
Select this >>>> Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

Bob

Cruzr Joe
07-06-2013, 05:02 PM
FYI, I just remembered. VBulletin 4.2 and the WYSIWYG editor has problems with IE 10.

Go into your user profile settings and turn of the WYSIWYG and turn on the Standard editor.
This selection is at the bottom of your user profile "general settings".

Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing
Basic Editor - A simple text box
Select this >>>> Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

Bob

BOB (FINLESS)

Noticed that you just joined in may of 2013, like your computer answers, we may have to keep you around for awhile. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
07-06-2013, 05:44 PM
:agree: He's a keeper! :thumbup:

Gordy
07-06-2013, 07:00 PM
we have 3 computers 1with xp and 2 with ie7 and they all come up with this message very frustrating :gaah:

AWEInCA
07-06-2013, 07:14 PM
Related:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?54980-facebook-like-at-the-top-of-threads-has-it-always-been-there

It was the compatibility mode for me.

54spyder
07-07-2013, 11:46 AM
:agree:How do you stop this with ie7-- Just started happening this weekend?????????????:yikes:

Try switching your browser to Google Chrome :thumbup:. It seemed to work for me.

Sarge707
07-07-2013, 12:12 PM
OK I googled Set Compatibility mode and It said to click on the icon just to the LEFT of your Refresh button and voila --everything is Good. On top right you have X Button --then Refresh button -- then left of that is the compatability Mode button--Click it and ie7 is good again -NO MORE LONG WAITS-- Now for a 95 degree 71 degree Humidity Ride!!!!!!!!!!!!:yes:

Bob Ledford
07-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Never heard that one before. However if you want to stop it go to Internet Explorer > Tools > Options and disable Java Scripts and try it if it does not work just turn scripts back and no harm no foul. I just shot my figment of computer excellence