PDA

View Full Version : Anomalous water loss Can-am Spyder Rs Se5 2009

gozzillaman
07-06-2013, 02:56 AM
Hi Guys,
Yesterday from my mechanic I changed the cooling tray of my Can-Am Spyder Rs SE5 rs of 2009, has begun to lose for no reason and when we dismounted we saw that was broken up and dietro.Ma not impact anywhere you have other cases for this problem?
Still I wanted to ask how many degrees Celsius the fan should come on and how many degrees must be disconnected, because yesterday after reassembled and tried everything (just a matter of 3/4 Km) The tenperatura was ok, and no connecting the computer fault code, but when is on the fan has not died until I turned off the bike.
Do you think there are problems?
Sorry guys my english I write from Italy with an online translator

Sorry guys I still have a little problem I live in the south of Italy where the temperatures are high enough and besides to suffer a great deal for the right foot Warm for which I still can not find solution I use daily the bike does not always suit and boots (give me advice please)
I also have a problem with Torx screws that secure the side fairings that summer thanks to the use of the bike become incandescent and touch the inner thighs (you too have had the same problem?)

Littlebadwolf
07-06-2013, 05:20 AM
The coolant tank on my 09 GS blew out a seal on the way to Maggie Valley last month and had to be replaced by the BRP Techs at the owners event. Seems as though there were quite a few of the coolant tanks that have done the same from what I've seen on the forums...Many folks were carrying an extra tank with them just in case...BRP came out with a reinforced tank that rectifies the problem..Anyway, the BRP folks overnighted a new tank and installed it at the event and didn't charge me..Great support from BRP and the techs on this one.

NancysToy
07-06-2013, 06:32 AM
The Cooling Fan comes ON at COOLANT temperatures greater than 101°C
The Cooling Fan turns OFF at COOLANT temperatures less than 97°C
The Cooling Fan operates even when Spyder is NOT RUNNING,

Hope this helps.

The cooling fan only operates when the Spyder is not running on the RT/ST(?). On the RS it shuts off when theh key is turned off. The running after the key is shut off on an RT/ST is not temperature controlled...or at least not temperature initiated.

NancysToy
07-06-2013, 06:49 AM
OK Scotty I don't want to steer our friend wrong here and maybe the RS operates differently than the RT but my cooling fan stays on after the RT is shut off if it is warm enough.

What am I missing?

My apologies to the OP if needed.

The RS is different. I just wanted to keep things on track, particularly with the language differences creating possible uncertainty.

gozzillaman
07-06-2013, 07:20 AM
The Cooling Fan comes ON at COOLANT temperatures greater than 101°C
The Cooling Fan turns OFF at COOLANT temperatures less than 97°C
The Cooling Fan operates even when Spyder is NOT RUNNING,

Hope this helps.

of course I have no way to check the temperature of the start and the end of the instrument panel right?

gozzillaman
07-06-2013, 07:55 AM
Does your fan operate after the key is off?

If it does then does the fan eventually turn off.

the fan will switch off if I put my key off is this normal?
and on the way it should go below 97 C
I understand it

billybovine
07-06-2013, 08:14 AM
On my 2009 SE5 the fan never ever ran after the key was turned off. This is normal for a GS/RS.

gozzillaman
07-07-2013, 03:22 AM
The cooling fan only operates when the Spyder is not running on the RT/ST(?). On the RS it shuts off when theh key is turned off. The running after the key is shut off on an RT/ST is not temperature controlled...or at least not temperature initiated.

I'm sorry nancystoy just to clarify with the key on and temperature above 101 C fan on that you should turn off with the vehicle running under the C 97. Key off fan always stops