PDA

View Full Version : Survived the $th

ironbuttdean
07-05-2013, 07:02 PM
Not the best 4th I have ever had. Storms moving through and ended up with a tree falling across the roof of my grandsons bedroom. Nothing like being awakened by water and tree limbs coming thru the ceiling. Fastest I have ever seen that boy get out of bed.

Tree fell across the power line and ripped the service box of the side of the house. Been trying to get call backs from electricians with no luck. Staying at a hotel and hoping to get power back on Monday. Wife thinks better of the money I spent four months ago for a generator. She had just bought groceries Wednesday on old peoples day at Kroger.

Friends helped put tarps over everything until something can be done on Monday.

All in all, feeling blessed or just lucky. No fire, no injuries all is well.

Have done what I can to prevent further damage, soooo, tomorrow will be a ryding day. The heck with all this responsibility stuff for a day.

Highly recommend having a back up generator to at least handle the freezer.

Dan McNally
07-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Glad to hear there were no injuries. Stuff can always be replaced.

SpyderAnn01
07-05-2013, 07:17 PM
You had your own personal fireworks show going on I guess. Good luck with the repairs.

Chupaca
07-05-2013, 07:24 PM
really glad to hear no one was injured. Hope they get out and secure things quickly. From the sound of things others had similar issues so yeah!! I would ryde...it always puts us at ease and far enough away to not do a thing..good luck..!! :gaah:

bruiser
07-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Happy to hear no one was injured.

I also recommend a backup generator. We've had a portable one since hurricane Fran came through and we didn't have power for a week. If you mention hurricane around here the generators fly off the shelves. In fact, I've been considering a whole house backup unit. Hey, certain insurance companies will give you a % break on the HO policy if you have one.

Daisyjoe
07-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Sorry about the mishap, but glad no one was seriously injured. We've had a couple of instances with strong wind. Two weeks ago, about 20 to 22 pecan trees were blown over in an orchard very close to my home. No one was injured. Prayers for you and your family.