PDA

View Full Version : Update to the melted master brake cylinder situation

bamaryder
07-05-2013, 01:20 PM
We filled out another BRP complaint form this morning because we had not heard from BRP about what was the deal with our bike. Pensacola Motorsports had told us that our bike could not be released until BRP designed a heat shield to prevent this from happening again. Well after the second complaint notice to BRP we were called by them this morning and they said we would hear from a consumer representative and they would contact our dealer. Then I called Darryl the service manager at Pensacola Motorsports and he said that they got through with the bike repairs late Wednesday. I asked him if BRP designed a heat shield and he said no, that they had designed one. Darryl stated that we had misinformation, that BRP was not going to design a heat shield. The reason we had not gotten our bike yet was because they need to test drive it and it has been raining so it may be next week. I asked him when was he going to notify me that the work was done and what was done and he said that he was waiting to do the drive. So I said that I would not have contacted BRP at all if they had kept me informed about the status of my bike.
I still don't know why the master cylinder melted, they said the spyder must have run hot. We never ran over 5 bars on the temp gage and we never had any indication that it did on the LCD panel. Darryl said there was a code showing that it ran hot when they put it on the machine. Anyway, maybe this heat shield they put on will help, only time will tell.
I just want to keep everyone informed. Thanks for the support.

flamingobabe
07-05-2013, 01:40 PM
71191 If you look at the pic...the heat shield stops before the plastic brake cylinder...that is what's causing the melting...along with other factors...did your dealer check your spark plugs? mine are white..engine running lean...he needs to check the spark plugs...are they wrapping your pipes? Heat built up inside the panels needs to be released...vented out ...something

acinpcola
07-05-2013, 01:58 PM
We filled out another BRP complaint form this morning because we had not heard from BRP about what was the deal with our bike. Pensacola Motorsports had told us that our bike could not be released until BRP designed a heat shield to prevent this from happening again. Well after the second complaint notice to BRP we were called by them this morning and they said we would hear from a consumer representative and they would contact our dealer. Then I called Darryl the service manager at Pensacola Motorsports and he said that they got through with the bike repairs late Wednesday. I asked him if BRP designed a heat shield and he said no, that they had designed one. Darryl stated that we had misinformation, that BRP was not going to design a heat shield. The reason we had not gotten our bike yet was because they need to test drive it and it has been raining so it may be next week. I asked him when was he going to notify me that the work was done and what was done and he said that he was waiting to do the drive. So I said that I would not have contacted BRP at all if they had kept me informed about the status of my bike.
I still don't know why the master cylinder melted, they said the spyder must have run hot. We never ran over 5 bars on the temp gage and we never had any indication that it did on the LCD panel. Darryl said there was a code showing that it ran hot when they put it on the machine. Anyway, maybe this heat shield they put on will help, only time will tell.
I just want to keep everyone informed. Thanks for the support.

This is why my Spyder goes to Gulf Shores Power Sports for all service. Even when I was riding a goldwing it would go to GSPS. Each time I try to deal with the people at PMS the true meaning of those initials comes through.

AC:spyder2:

Chupaca
07-05-2013, 02:17 PM
I'm glad you will be getting back on the road. Who you go to from now on is a choice. Seems there was some communication but they were not clear informing you. When you can give us a pic of the solution according to ?? time to ryde..:ohyea:

Sny
07-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Always nice to get conflicting information. Today I noticed they changed their toll free number to only work inside canada. And, of course, they closed early today in the US.