PDA

View Full Version : Low speed noise, and bogs off the line

rpdata
06-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Hi All,

Picked up my roadster couple of weeks back, and just loving it(only 750km so far). But i have noticed some strange behavior, just wondering if anyone has noticed similar symptoms.

1. Once in a while off the line, it seems to hesitate and bog. ?
2. When nearing a stop or moving very slowly in and out of the driveway,
there's a strange rubbing noise, which can also be felt as very slight vibration through the handlebars...almost like the brakes are rubbing, but the brakes are not being applied....can also be similar to a loud squeeky rubbing noise.....sorry it's just difficult to describe. ??

Thanks !!

Rob

Danimal
06-16-2008, 12:42 PM
Could be brakes.... or belt tension.... I would have it checked out.....

ataDude
06-16-2008, 05:13 PM
My vote = belt tension. Been there.

Hi All,

Picked up my roadster couple of weeks back, and just loving it(only 750km so far). But i have noticed some strange behavior, just wondering if anyone has noticed similar symptoms.

1. Once in a while off the line, it seems to hesitate and bog. ?
2. When nearing a stop or moving very slowly in and out of the driveway,
there's a strange rubbing noise, which can also be felt as very slight vibration through the handlebars...almost like the brakes are rubbing, but the brakes are not being applied....can also be similar to a loud squeeky rubbing noise.....sorry it's just difficult to describe. ??

Thanks !!

Rob

Dyno824
06-17-2008, 05:11 PM
+1 Been there too

garganos
06-17-2008, 06:49 PM
As far as the bog, is the unit warmed up or cold? You should let the unit warm up so at least 1 line is visable on the temp gauge.

The noise could be 1 of 3 things. Brakes (especially e-brake), belt tension or belt alignment.

bjt
06-17-2008, 06:59 PM
:agree:

Even though I routinely take off right after starting the Spyder, it does run better after it has warmed up just a bit. I just know and expect that there may be some bogging down at first.

rpdata
06-18-2008, 08:59 AM
Thanks for all the replies! !

I'm convinced now the bogging is related to it being cold - as for the belt, and e-brake will have both items checked soon!!

Cheers,

Rob