View Full Version : LED's controled by iPhone

Lamonster
07-05-2013, 10:34 AM
If you're in to LED's this is pretty cool
:doorag:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gLtRXHnbIFU

bullant12
07-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Looks like a new project for Reggy!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: or nojokenojokenojoke

SDM
07-05-2013, 10:57 AM
That is cool!!!:clap:

shelbydave
07-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Looks like a new project for Reggy!!!:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: or nojokenojokenojoke

Looks like a new project for me... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks, Lamont!!!

I guess it's a good thing the wife and I have separate "fun" accounts so I don't need to ask permission...

Lamonster
07-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Looks like a new project for me... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Thanks, Lamont!!!

I guess it's a good thing the wife and I have separate "fun" accounts so I don't need to ask permission...

:thumbup:
http://www.xkglow.com/iphone_app_control_led_light_system_s/91.htm

lookerjdc
07-05-2013, 11:32 AM
that is seriously cool

thanks Lamont!!!!

now I have to figure out whether I want to strips or the pods....... I am leaning towards the strips...

shelbydave
07-05-2013, 12:18 PM
I need to give them a call to find out if the controller will work with my curent RGB LED strips...

carajony
07-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Cant wait till Reggy gets back... hes gotta alot of work to do...lol... looks great... Like its said here on the form... more farkles..:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

lookerjdc
07-05-2013, 04:40 PM
I will probably need 1 or 2 fuse boxes put in and then work with Reggy to re-light my ride

Spyder ri
07-05-2013, 05:07 PM
I've always had this cool idea in mind of having a light show on my spyder that mimicked a huge thunderstorm....

Random bursts of white light all around the bike, then deep, loud cracks of thunder. I just need a nasty audio system, killer subwoofer and this kit to design it..... I'll put it on my bucket list.

2012 RS SE5
Mods:

Oxford Hot Grips
Bad Boy Air Horn
Two Brothers Exhaust
K&N air filter
LED mud flap lights
Tips Kit
Brake Light Modulator
IPS Key Cover
Up/out mirror Extensions
RSS stitched seat cover
Cal Sci touring windshield
5 spoke wheel upgrade
Ram mount Iphone cradle
LED turn signal indicators
Frunk Liner
BRP 12 Volt Outlet
Third brake light
Double Play tail light

lookerjdc
07-07-2013, 08:31 AM
after reading Lamonts post I sent an email to XKGLOW with a couple of questions (mainly re strips vs pods)

Dan @ XKGLOW has been very helpful in answering my questions (one question turned into a thread of questions..... lol)

I like that you can mix the strips with the pods - I will start with the small strip kit and then add pods or more strips afterwards if I need them

Dan said thanks Lamont (for the reference)

AY4B
12-25-2015, 02:26 AM
bump for Christmas

revjvegas
12-25-2015, 08:28 AM
I need to give them a call to find out if the controller will work with my curent RGB LED strips...
Yup, would like to know the same.

AY4B
12-25-2015, 11:08 AM
My Christmas present from my wife was the single color 14 pod set in white. I will exchange it for the multi color smart phone version. Anyone have this set and how do you like it? I like the feature that makes them all come on in red when for the stop light.

gazunni
12-26-2015, 03:51 PM
I received one of the first sets of the new XKCHROME lights , that are a step I from the XKGLOW. Capable of 16.8 million colours, synchs to music, has user configurable patterns and has a great safety feature that when hooked up to the brake lights, all the lights turn red. This system has two channels for either left and right or front and back separation. They will be introducing a new module that also does directional signals. All lights on the side that is turning will turn amber.

The system I purchased from A Kickstarter campaign has 10 pods and 10 strips with all wiring and fasteners. I published a video when I unboxed and tested. Although the video is not the best, it gives you an idea of the capability. (
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceBA6SIqioE&sns=em

There is an application that is good for both iPhone and google phones.

Wait it for the XKCHrome set....NOT the XKGLOW.

http://www.xkchrome.com