PDA

View Full Version : Some thing weird happen !

Edsts
07-05-2013, 05:49 AM
Has this happen to any one . I was out yesterday with my sts , was riding with my daughter as we got to the mall parking lot I notice the temp in the dash said 100 . As I was looking for parking rolling on first gear every time I came to a complete stop the bike would shut off. The first time it shut off I immediately rolled to the side and I turned the unit back on and looked at my temp . The temp was up one bar from the usual spot . So I started to ride then came to another complete stop and it shut off again . This continued another 3 more times so I decided to park it in the valay area as I could not find free parking .

I was thinking could this be a safety , only cus was in the mall for bout 3 hours when I cam out I started the unit and no more shut offs but at every time I stop it felt like the unit wanted to shut off. No induication on the dash of any problem . Just weird . This is where I get discourage . Just imagine if I was stuck in traffic or even far from home on a long ride ! :banghead:

Bob Denman
07-05-2013, 07:00 AM
I don't recall anybody here ever mentioning the temperature reading like that... :shocked:
You might want ot swing by your dealer and let them plug it into the BUDS... see what it shows for error codes!
Please let us know what they find; good luck! :thumbup:

Farmbanker
07-05-2013, 07:24 AM
How many miles are on the bike? Could be a breaking in issue. Been a few posts about shutting down. I have had readings over 100 on my RTS with no apparent issues.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 4 Beta

NancysToy
07-05-2013, 07:49 AM
The reading on the temp gauge indicates ambient air temperature. That often reads high, so it may be meaningless and unrelated. I would report it to the dealer, however, when you report the stalling issue. No matter what the dealers are saying, stalling is not "normal". It can also be a serious safety issue. As such, you may wish to report it to the NHTSA if it continues.

Sny
07-05-2013, 04:41 PM
I have to agree. Stalling after the first handful of miles isn't a good thing.

2 Cruysyn
07-05-2013, 05:07 PM
Just because it's new doesn't mean it's good. Taking it to your dealer is still in order but in the mean time remove the left side Tupperware and take a look at the MAPS vacuum lines (http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?53423-THE-SILVER-SEAL-DIED-ON-ME!&p=631866&viewfull=1#post631866) and make sure they are in good shape. Should be! I wouldn't imagine an ST would have this kind of problem yet. Can't hurt to look though.

Edsts
07-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Still took the bike out yesterday she ran find . Only 1200 miles in and I called the fiancé rep to let her know since this is now the 5th time at the dealer , I will be filling out an application to start the lemon law consumer protection act . As per the Store fiancé rep told me if the bike brakes down 3 times and goes to the dealer 3 times in a period of 30 days . They will refund the funds and have to take the bike back ! Had the bike since late April .