PDA

View Full Version : 2013 RS exhaust question

hchays
07-04-2013, 08:20 PM
i'm sure this question has been brought up already, but here it goes again. i bought a 2013 RS and thought about changing the muffler. i would like to get a better sound (not loud just a good tone). Will i need to put a tuner on the bike if i change the pipe? Also who has already done this on a 2013 and what pipe did you go with? Thanks and i look forward to hearing from you.

Dirtnapper
07-07-2013, 08:05 AM
i'm sure this question has been brought up already, but here it goes again. i bought a 2013 RS and thought about changing the muffler. i would like to get a better sound (not loud just a good tone). Will i need to put a tuner on the bike if i change the pipe? Also who has already done this on a 2013 and what pipe did you go with? Thanks and i look forward to hearing from you.

I replaced mine with a two bros dual exhaust and it sounds incredible. If you dont want it loud they sell baffles you can put on the ends to quiet it down a bit. As far as tuners, if your referring to a juicebox or another form of fuel control, they aren't needed if your just going with the exhaust change. I got a good deal on them at 58cycle.com though I hate to refer them after they lied to me repeatedly and it took 3 weeks to get the item. (Don't order with the cheapest shipping),but that is a whole other story. Got the exhaust for just under $700.

Bob Denman
07-07-2013, 09:44 AM
There's also BRP's accessory exhause from Akrapovic... it's expensive; maybe it's worth it... :dontknow:

gimpygary62
07-07-2013, 12:12 PM
There's also BRP's accessory exhause from Akrapovic... it's expensive; maybe it's worth it... :dontknow:

Just a word of caution: Although the Akrapovic is somewhat smaller and a lot lighter..... if you're into loud pipes this one may not be for you. I installed on my 2013 RSS and although it's a lot better sounding than stock it's still pretty quiet. We pulled the baffles and it sounds much much better at idle but tends to quiet down quite a bit at speed. Hoping more miles will bring more decibels in future.:pray:

gimpygary62
07-10-2013, 07:03 AM
I'm not 100% sure on this but don't all 2013s have that blasted catalytic converter installed? If that is true that is the first thing I would change on that bike. Invest in the bypass kit and you may solve two problems with one fix. You'll get a better sound and more importantly you'll get rid of a massive source of heat on your Spyder.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm curious about the bypass kit your referring to. Is there a link or website you can refer me to?

billrob71
07-10-2013, 05:13 PM
I'm not 100% sure on this but don't all 2013s have that blasted catalytic converter installed? If that is true that is the first thing I would change on that bike. Invest in the bypass kit and you may solve two problems with one fix. You'll get a better sound and more importantly you'll get rid of a massive source of heat on your Spyder.

Yes there is a big converter under the center , I heard taking that off increases the tone and the flow, but for now mine is still on so I can't say it does. My plan this winter is to remove mine have a stainless y pipe made and have the hole exhaust jet hot coated to help with heat. I want to change the muffler but have not decided which one. The sound of the two brothers doesn't sound bad but little on the louder side. I like the akrapovic look but would like it a little louder but gotten worry about it running too lean and have not seen that the juice box pro will work on a 2013 only says up to 2012.

hchays
07-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Not trying to hijack the thread but I'm curious about the bypass kit your referring to. Is there a link or website you can refer me to?

i'm interested in the bypass thing also...