PDA

View Full Version : FL ETHANOL LAW

Bob Ledford
07-04-2013, 07:28 PM
How many FL Spyder Ryders read that FL did pass a a non ethanol required bill. Which became a law effective 1 July 2013. Now how long before we can start to buy it at the pump? :yes: :yes: :yes:

Jeriatric
07-04-2013, 08:07 PM
"David Mica, executive director of Florida Petroleum Council, said the legislation may be mostly symbolic because of federal mandates that gasoline be mixed with ethanol or other biofuels."
:dontknow: good luck..........it will never happen in Kalifonia:(

JJW SpyderRider
07-04-2013, 08:15 PM
You can buy non ethanol gas is Wisconsin. They just call it Recreational fuel. They do a few thing better than Illinois.

acinpcola
07-04-2013, 08:28 PM
We can buy Pure Gas here in Florida. There are at least 2 stations I know of in the Pensacola area that sell it. http://pure-gas.org/

AC:spyder2:

Bob Denman
07-04-2013, 08:43 PM
I was able to give some "real" gasoline a try in Missouri... INSTANT 10% in fiel economy! :thumbup:

MidLifeCrisis
07-04-2013, 09:06 PM
I was able to give some "real" gasoline a try in Missouri... INSTANT 10% in fiel economy! :thumbup:

I go from 14.5 to 19mpg in my truck with real gas every time. Just don't see how ethanol is supposed to be so "green" when we end up using so much more fuel with the crap...errrr, i mean enhanced gas were forced to use. :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

napper39
07-04-2013, 10:08 PM
here in kansas most all gas is real gas only one or two sell that crap;i alwas use 93 oct.in all my bikes.:thumbup:so some body is bull si@@@ you that its a federal mandate or what ever.98 % of all stations only sell real gas and no ethenall.:chat:

beanoil
07-04-2013, 10:33 PM
here in kansas most all gas is real gas only one or two sell that crap;i alwas use 93 oct.in all my bikes.:thumbup:so some body is bull si@@@ you that its a federal mandate or what ever.98 % of all stations only sell real gas and no ethenall.:chat:
Wow. You may want to ask the station you purchase fuel from. My guess is you are and have been using Eth laced fuel for some time now.... http://www.ksgrains.com/ethanol/EthRetailer.pdf and this quote from AutoBlog "On the federal level, support is still there for E15 (http://green.autoblog.com/tag/e15) from the US Environmental Protection Agency. States are being slow about supporting the transition from E10 to E15, but Kansas and a few other states have adopted it." You may have even used E15 and not known it because Kansas does not require pump labeling to indicate the presence of Ethanol.

napper39
07-05-2013, 12:50 AM
that is not the case they must show at the pump if any e10 or e15 is in are gas and that is the law,there is none in most of are stations here and the ones that do has it on the pump.and ive tried ti when they frist had one station here that had it and i lost 5 mpgallen then i never used it agin.:thumbup:

Tierhog
07-05-2013, 01:15 AM
MTBE was eliminated in 2007. Ethanol was the substitute in California. We don't have a blending mandate here, but all fuels have a minimum of around 6%, but 10% is more popular.

100 octane can still be found but its twice the price per gallon of 91. ($8.20)

California does have a additive declaration law and a free air and water law at all gas stations... No quarter required! :)

Chupaca
07-05-2013, 02:18 AM
I have the extra sheckel I get a tank full of racing fuel. Roadster runs like a scalded :cus: ape never payed attention to the mileage but then at those prices not often. Here in CA all pumps have to have the gas formula on the pumps in plain sight..:dontknow:

Bob Denman
07-05-2013, 06:52 AM
My truck has a flex-fuel engine in it...(5.3 litre), so I'm not too worried about what gets forced down it's throat...
Anything much over the current 10% level is supposed to potentionally do all sorts of funky things to the fuel systems.. They'll have to let you know what you're buying.

grumpybob
07-05-2013, 10:46 AM
I was able to give some "real" gasoline a try in Missouri... INSTANT 10% in fiel economy! :thumbup: Get 'Real Gas' here in Fulton. Use it in the RT.

Bob Denman
07-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Really! :2thumbs:
They must be bootlegging it in from Canada; eh?

billybovine
07-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Not from Ontario Bob there will be ethanol in it here too. Here they can put up to 10% in without labeling it any different. There must no less than 5% average, not including aviation, marine or fuel sold in northern Ontario. So how much ethanol in the fuel depends on price. When ethanol is more expensive than gas they put in as little as possible to keep the 5% average. When ethanol is cheaper they put in as much as possible but not exceeding 10%. When ethanol is more expensive than octane booster but less than gas. They may put 10% in premium and only 4% in regular to stay above the 5% minimum average.

acinpcola
07-05-2013, 12:30 PM
Get 'Real Gas' here in Fulton. Use it in the RT.

Do you get it here by any chance??

Fastrac 481 Fulton
260 S 2nd St

mcaccamise
07-05-2013, 01:53 PM
Gees i wish they had it here in Clermont FL, i have seen a listing for a no name marine station though i just cant find it yet, i would love to see straight premium less the corn and the watter.
Mike

ARtraveler
07-05-2013, 02:44 PM
No ethanol that I am aware of here.

EnjoyingTheRyde
07-05-2013, 03:17 PM
The Maine house recently passed legislation that would allow the sale of non-ethanol fuel IF two other New England states did the same... What's that all about; two other states?

Bob Denman
07-05-2013, 04:55 PM
No ethanol that I am aware of here.
Does it float to the top, and freeze?? :D :joke:

acinpcola
07-05-2013, 05:02 PM
IF you go to the link I posted earlier in this thread you can click on your state and the cities that have pur gase show up with the address for the stations

Be safe
AC:spyder2:

Bob Denman
07-05-2013, 05:15 PM
Great... :gaah:
Now I'll just have to spend the rest of the night here poking around to see where the good stuff is being held... ;)
EDIT: Nuthin' down here; they're all up in sled country!

JJW SpyderRider
07-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Go to www.buyrealgas.com (http://www.buyrealgas.com) see where the nearest real gas station is located.

AWEInCA
07-06-2013, 01:28 AM
Go to www.buyrealgas.com (http://www.realgas.com) to see where the nearest real gas station is located.

Broken link?

JJW SpyderRider
07-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Go to www.buyrealgas.com (http://www.buyrealgas.com) see where the nearest real gas station is located.

The link should work now.