PDA

View Full Version : Ipod stopped working / now no radio

03hdjill
07-04-2013, 06:07 PM
We were out on a ride today. After approximately 100 miles, my IPod just became silent. I tried to raise the volume, no luck. I tried to change songs and the screen looked frozen. I pulled over and turned the ST off. When I turned it back on there was no radio. There were no settings for audio at all. Has this ever happened to anyone?
Jill
ST Limited

SpyderAnn01
07-04-2013, 06:13 PM
If you hit the mode switch it won't take you to audio? If it comes up Aux you need to move the button and it will change to radio.

03hdjill
07-04-2013, 07:36 PM
If you hit the mode switch it won't take you to audio? If it comes up Aux you need to move the button and it will change to radio.
No, Aux did not show. When I hit the mode button, it took me to the screen to change the different settings, but the audio was no longer there. It was just like it disappeared.

03hdjill
07-04-2013, 07:40 PM
Hello neighbor
Ls your cable connection tight?
Hi Roger, I checked the connection. It was tight. I was really surprised when I unplugged the IPod and then couldn't even use the radio. It seemed like it was gone

samewok
07-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Did you unplug the cable from the ipod? Or from the bike?
My RT does this some times I just unplug and replug and all is well.

03hdjill
07-04-2013, 07:45 PM
Did you unplug the cable from the ipod? Or from the bike?
My RT does this some times I just unplug and replug and all is well.
I unplugged it from the bike. I tried to plug it back in,no luck. This is really crazy.

03hdjill
07-04-2013, 07:51 PM
I don't have the ST fuse box layout at hand but you may want to check the radio fuse.
Good idea. We will check that in the morning. I just checked my operator's guide. It says it is number 3 on the right side. Thanks for that idea!

03hdjill
07-05-2013, 06:55 AM
I don't have the ST fuse box layout at hand but you may want to check the radio fuse.
Checked the fuse this morning. It was blown. Tried to install new fuse. Bike was off. Sparks came out and blew new fuse. Now what????? Does that mean dead short? Is bike not safe to ride?

NancysToy
07-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Time for a trip to the dealer. If you mess with this it won't be covered on warranty. You have done all you should do. Sounds like your audio unit is toast...or you have a serious wiring issue.

03hdjill
07-05-2013, 08:02 AM
Time for a trip to the dealer. If you mess with this it won't be covered on warranty. You have done all you should do. Sounds like your audio unit is toast...or you have a serious wiring issue.
Thanks. I have a call into the dealer. I just don't know if I should ride it to the dealer 50 miles away or not. I want to hear what they say. I don't want to have to pay to have it trailered if it would no okay to ride.

bullant12
07-05-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks. I have a call into the dealer. I just don't know if I should ride it to the dealer 50 miles away or not. I want to hear what they say. I don't want to have to pay to have it trailered if it would no okay to ride.

As long as the fuse blew for the radio, I don't see an issue riding it over. Again (this is why we encourage users not to repeat threads on the same issue), the issue could be at the radio. If there were a short and the wire(s) would be hot, you would see white smoke or a plastic burning smell.

NancysToy
07-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Pull the fuse and ride it. If you are not having any other problems, there seems to be no reason not to. Be prepared to have to leave it there for troubleshooting and repair, though.

bigbird
01-24-2022, 10:18 AM
Pull the fuse and ride it. If you are not having any other problems, there seems to be no reason not to. Be prepared to have to leave it there for troubleshooting and repair, though.

My radio also stopped working also. It is doing the same as 03hdjill any suggestions???

2013 Can-Am RT

Bfromla
01-24-2022, 01:06 PM
My radio also stopped working also. It is doing the same as 03hdjill any suggestions???

2013 Can-Am RT

Same problems, Same suggestions - get to dealer. If not same problems, please list. Is all the radio stopped & gone, or just unable to hear?