PDA

View Full Version : Powerbus install problem (help!)

Sopher
06-15-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm in the process of installing the Powerbus kit for the Spyder from Evoluzione.
In step 8 it says to unplug the rubber boot form the pre-installed 12v outlet.
My outlet and rubber boot seem to be jammed up against a metal brace.
How do you unhook the boot form the 12v outlet?

bjt
06-15-2008, 04:37 PM
Any chance you could provide a picture of the area you are talking about? I installed the powerbus on both mine and my wife's Spyder with the dealer installed 12 volt outlet in the trunk and I don't recall running into the situation you are describing.

hevnbound
06-15-2008, 05:33 PM
I'm in the process of installing the Powerbus kit for the Spyder from Evoluzione.

Unfortunately you have run into the same problem I had. I contacted ken at Evoluzione and he had not heard of the problem. The only solution I was able to come up with was to remove the trunk entirely .... or, at least far enough to be able to get into that space you are referring to to fix the problem!!

Removing the trunk is not as hard as it sounds. If you have the shop manual, it gives you pictures and instructions. I don't have my owners manual but it may even be in there. the only problem I ran into removing the trunk were the two screws on the underside toward the front. I needed a third hand and xray eyes but .... I finally got it done. I didnt' have anyway of lifting the front end.

ALSO .... learned the hardway ..... don't forget to plug everything back up just as it was. Make yourself a picture or a drawing or a list to help when you reinstall the trunk.

2faston3
06-16-2008, 08:17 PM
It is wire tied to the metal brace if it hasn't been installed follow the wire that is attached to the rubber boot and cut the wire tie to free it.

2faston3

Sopher
06-16-2008, 08:43 PM
I actually did not need to uninstall the trunk.
I simply removed the left black panel that woul dnormally hold a fog light. That gave me EASY access to the wing to unscrew the 12v adapter and then remove the boot and connectors.

Only issue now is that I need to tap a whole to mount the ground cable for the 12v adapter.

bjt
06-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Looking at the about the middle of the downtube of the frame from the left side (shifter side) of the Spyder, BRP has a ground point with a couple of wires under the screw. That is where my dealer had installed the ground wire for the 12 volt outlet in the trunk and that is where I ran my ground wire for the powerbus ground block.