PDA

View Full Version : 2013 RS-RSS-ST-STS-ST Ltd Sway Bar In Production

BajaRon
07-02-2013, 05:51 PM
​Test Pilot reports have been very good on the Prototype 2013 sway bar so I have ordered production to begin. I hope to be shipping them by the end of next week if all goes well.

This bar is specifically designed for all the 2013, RS, RSS, ST, STS and ST Ltd. Spyders. Price will be $215.00 delivered. If you would like more information or would like to order this sway bar kit (or anything else I carry), just email me at fyredad@hotmail.com.

Thanks again to my volunteer Test Pilots. They are the greatest!

Five-O
07-02-2013, 05:58 PM
​Test Pilot reports have been very good on the Prototype 2013 sway bar so I have ordered production to begin. I hope to be shipping them by the end of next week if all goes well.

This bar is specifically designed for all the 2013, RS, RSS, ST, STS and ST Ltd. Spyders. Price will be $215.00 delivered. If you would like more information or would like to order this sway bar kit (or anything else I carry), just email me at fyredad@hotmail.com.

Nice.... :2thumbs:

SpyderAnn01
07-03-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm sure that anyone who orders one will be glad that they did. They really improve the handling.

Magdave
07-03-2013, 10:31 PM
What is different between the '12s and '13s just curious.

BajaRon
07-04-2013, 12:28 AM
What is different between the '12s and '13s just curious.

Quite a bit. Bar length, bends, mounting location and method. About the only thing the same is bar diameter and Heim joints.

Tanshanomi
09-03-2013, 10:59 AM
How does the thicker swaybar that comes stock on the 2013 RS-S compare to this one? I am referring to thickness/stiffness.

Chupaca
09-03-2013, 12:38 PM
great job keeping up with the changes. :2thumbs:

BajaRon
09-14-2013, 08:29 PM
How does the thicker swaybar that comes stock on the 2013 RS-S compare to this one? I am referring to thickness/stiffness.

My sway bar for the RS, ST line of 2013 Spyders is quite a bit stiffer than the RSS bar. Originally I was not going to make a sway bar for this model series because of the RSS bar being offered by BRP. But several customers purchased that bar and were not satisfied with it and asked if I'd at least look into making a heavier bar.

After doing testing it was clear that a stiffer bar gave a much improved ride so I now have a Custom Performance sway bar for the 2013 RS, RSS, and all models of the ST. They have been a big hit.

gottago
09-14-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm sure that anyone who orders one will be glad that they did. They really improve the handling.:agree:

sandman53
10-24-2013, 08:08 PM
:agree:

Do you make it for the RT ? 2013

jcthorne
10-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Any development on collars or other device to keep the 2013 bar centered properly? My dealer remarked about it at my 600 mile service yesterday. The end links are in a bit of a bind as the bar shifts to the left. So far, no signs of problems but its not right. Seems collars like you supply on the older year bars would do the trick if machined the correct size for this installation.

Mets79ST2013
10-26-2013, 11:50 AM

Cool...:yes: I need to wait till they fix the few little issues with my ST-S like the Gas smell...

jcthorne
10-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Cool...:yes: I need to wait till they fix the few little issues with my ST-S like the Gas smell...Good luck with that. The gas fumes are normal operation according to BRP. Until the EPA gets involved this one is not likely going to get fixed.

Mets79ST2013
10-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Good luck with that. The gas fumes are normal operation according to BRP. Until the EPA gets involved this one is not likely going to get fixed.

Is crazy but BRP is saying the reason this is happening is because we are riding under 5rpm at all times, is not the machine is us that we don't now when to change gears or ride the motorcycles at the correct RPM's.

BajaRon
10-26-2013, 12:38 PM
Any development on collars or other device to keep the 2013 bar centered properly? My dealer remarked about it at my 600 mile service yesterday. The end links are in a bit of a bind as the bar shifts to the left. So far, no signs of problems but its not right. Seems collars like you supply on the older year bars would do the trick if machined the correct size for this installation.

I am looking into this and will have a retrofit for affected Spyders soon. The problem only exists on some 2013's and was not observed on any of the prototype test Spyders. Nor has it been an issue on any Spyder until recently.

The Sway bar on the 2013's should not need a limiting device because there is plenty of room for movement and sway bars are naturally self centering. There must be some variance between Spyders causing some to run the sway bar to one side.

jcthorne
10-26-2013, 12:40 PM
Is crazy but BRP is saying the reason this is happening is because we are riding under 5rpm at all times, is not the machine is us that we don't now when to change gears or ride the motorcycles at the correct RPM's.The bike cannot be above 5000 rpm while sitting in traffic. It is BRP that does not know how to fix the problem, or more likely even have a way to experience and verify the problem. I invite them to Houston to find out.

Magdave
10-26-2013, 12:52 PM
There must be some variance between Spyders .

:firstplace: For understatement of the year on the 2013's :roflblack:

BajaRon
11-05-2013, 04:21 PM
:firstplace: For understatement of the year on the 2013's :roflblack:

Unfortunately, you make a VERY GOOD POINT! :yikes: