PDA

View Full Version : Lookng for advice on selling a timeshare

GaryTheBadger
07-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Hello, we're looking for a legitimate way to sell our timeshare. We need the money to help build a house. The timeshare is an excellent one with a lot of value built up over the years, Wyndham Resorts by Worldmark. Have you successfully sold a timeshare without being ripped off? How did you do it? A commission for you would be appropriate if your advise results in a successful sale. Thank you. Gary, NWA Cycle Service

tobor9
07-01-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm sure you don't want to hear this, but after trying to sell ours and getting nowhere,we sold ors back to the timeshare company for $1. and it was the best $ we ever made!! they had to pay all fees and handle all paperwork. The money we saved not owning it saved us so much we feel it was the best way out. Good luck.

Ga Blue Knight
07-02-2013, 06:30 AM
It all depends where your Timeshare is located but in some resort areas they have legitimate real estate firms who will sell for you as opposed to ripping you off. Expect to lose from 20% to 50% of what you paid for it. Other than that I would offer it to family members or friends at a steep discount. You would be out from under it and they would get a good deal if they like the location. Another option is to donate it to your Church or other Civic charitable group. You would not get any cash but you would get a charitable donation deduction on your current income for the full retail amount that it is worth today if you wanted to buy it and you would also be out from under the maintenance fees.

lets us know how it works out.

GaryTheBadger
07-02-2013, 10:03 AM
Tobor9 - you're right, we don't want to hear that :)

GaBlueKnight - great tips for this newbie, thank you!!

MurphyBrown - I replied to your separate message.