PDA

View Full Version : New here with questions about the 2013 RS-S

Jeffbear
06-29-2013, 09:07 PM
Hi all! Long time lurker looking to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys this fall. My question is, do the 2013 RS/RSS have the same heat problems the ST and RT's are having? I haven't seen many posts about it. Just wondering how the RS line has faired this year. Any help would be appreciated.

Major spyder
06-29-2013, 10:44 PM
We have a 2013 RTS....just arrived in Ohio from Montana 1800+ miles on top of the 5k we left with....no problem for us...temps in the 90's in So. Dakota.....

not sure what you're asking :....foot temps or heat off the seat and engine......I guess that I expected some heat....after all no A/C....but I did have all the windows down

howard

Chupaca
06-29-2013, 10:55 PM
sorry don't have a 2013 we have a 2012 RS and now that it is summer we notice the heat coming off the bike. Cooler seasons we enjoy this heat keeping us a bit warmer. It was 111 in the hills today but things went fine. There are mods to help with heat issues..the roadster never overheats....:dontknow:

jerpinoy
06-29-2013, 11:01 PM
:welcome::welcome:

Jeffbear
06-30-2013, 07:15 AM
We have a 2013 RTS....just arrived in Ohio from Montana 1800+ miles on top of the 5k we left with....no problem for us...temps in the 90's in So. Dakota.....

not sure what you're asking :....foot temps or heat off the seat and engine......I guess that I expected some heat....after all no A/C....but I did have all the windows down

howard

Im glad to hear you aren't having the heat issue many seem to be having! I'm talking specifically of the high temps around the left leg and the melting of parts underneath the Tupperware (brake reservoir). The dragons mouth or foot heat, seem to be those with the highway pegs and I don't think that's an issue with the riding position of the RS-S.
I do expect some heat, we are sitting atop an engine afterall. I just want to see if it is a phenomenon relegated to the RT and ST with this year, due to chassis redesign or what not.

billrob71
06-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Hello

I just got mine Tuesday, 2013 RSS, mine seems to run pretty warm but my dealer said it would for little while and said not to worry to much about it, may even come out the overflow some (have not had that happen myself). I've read the catalytic converter cause alot of the heat problems but just what I've heard.

I'm only up to a 100 miles as of right now so far so good has not boiled over.

HuckFin
07-01-2013, 01:53 PM
I have a 2013 RS-S with only about 2,000 miles so far. I don't have all the heat problems I'm seeing on here but I live in Wa St. Its just now getting hot up here. I've noticed while going slow through town, temperature in the 80s, heat on my left leg, wearing jeans but no big deal. So far I love everything about this bike....Ok I know its a trike, can't get out of the habit. calling it a bike.