PDA

View Full Version : Out with the Ol' 09 and in with a New 13 STS - Limited

HampRider
06-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Never expected my bride to suggest we try out a Spyder 4 years ago as she never liked riding on a Motorcycle, but after a quick ride turned into 4 hours, we bought a left over RS a few weeks later. Several tours around Maine, NB, QC, the Gaspe and the Adirondacks have us hooked on Spydering. This past weekend, a ride to camp in Eagle Lake turned into an 1150 mile tour of NB and QC and downeast Maine.............and a demo ride on a 13 ST limite. Needless to say, we listed our 09 Custom Red RS for sale Sunday at 7pm, we had cash in hand at 6pm Monday as it rolled down the driveway. Next Saturday we are planning to pick our new 13 STS - tricked out with many goodies the limited has - we fell in love with the yellow! Looking forward to many rides this summer on the new Spydy and many years to come!

ARtraveler
06-29-2013, 07:26 PM
:congrats: on your new ryde. Please post some pictures once you get it home. Yellow my favorite color this year. :thumbup:

Abbot Spyder
07-02-2013, 05:38 AM
Congratulation on your new ride. :ani29:

gorcutt
07-02-2013, 08:08 AM
I just had to trade up this year also now ride 2013 RT LTD Black Currant.

HampRider
07-02-2013, 11:30 AM
When are we going to get together for a meet and ride? We are back from vac after 7/21

EnjoyingTheRyde
07-02-2013, 12:19 PM
When are we going to get together for a meet and ride? We are back from vac after 7/21

Congratulations on the new ryde! I like yellow too! But my pearl white ST-L got me hooked! I've got a couple possible weekends for a meet and ryde available... 8/3, 8/4, 8/24, 8/25... Of course I need to check in with the boss to make sure she hasn't sneaked anything into our schedule...

HampRider
07-02-2013, 12:27 PM
Spyder Web- lets book these weekends and plan a route as we get closer- lets plan both - second as a rain date or second trip

HampRider
07-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Just posted on the original ride planner post - let's get this rolling

Chupaca
07-02-2013, 03:18 PM
fast turn around on your 09, will we get a pic of the new ST-LTD..? Looks like you have a following waiting to ryde..enjoy..!! :ohyea:

safecracker
07-02-2013, 03:50 PM
I was at Ft. Kent Ski-Doo yesterday to get some warrenty work done along with a new rear tire. Frank suggested that I take the Black ST limited for a long ride, so I did. My observations, 1. I really liked the driver's floorboards. 2. It has alot more pep than the RT. 3. Brakes are right on. 4. The ride was alot stiffer than the RT. 5. Seat was not as comfy for me as the RT. I did not like the windshield. It distorts about 6" down from the top. 6. I am still up in the air about manual versus semi auto. 7. I liked the exhaust better than the RT. 8. The ST puts off alot of heat on the left side towards your inner thigh. Thats about it. Frank and crew treated me very well as always.

HampRider
07-02-2013, 06:34 PM
They are a great group for sure. We've ridden the RT a few times and we are not quite ready for that type of ride, in a few years perhaps

HampRider
07-06-2013, 11:45 AM
There's a new Spyder STS on the road! We plan to put some county miles on today. Thank you Fort Kent Skidoo!

EnjoyingTheRyde
07-07-2013, 04:44 AM
There's a new Spyder STS on the road! We plan to put some county miles on today. Thank you Fort Kent Skidoo!

Have fun up there! Ryde safe! Looks great!

johnwinslow
07-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Never expected my bride to suggest we try out a Spyder 4 years ago as she never liked riding on a Motorcycle, but after a quick ride turned into 4 hours, we bought a left over RS a few weeks later. Several tours around Maine, NB, QC, the Gaspe and the Adirondacks have us hooked on Spydering. This past weekend, a ride to camp in Eagle Lake turned into an 1150 mile tour of NB and QC and downeast Maine.............and a demo ride on a 13 ST limite. Needless to say, we listed our 09 Custom Red RS for sale Sunday at 7pm, we had cash in hand at 6pm Monday as it rolled down the driveway. Next Saturday we are planning to pick our new 13 STS - tricked out with many goodies the limited has - we fell in love with the yellow! Looking forward to many rides this summer on the new Spydy and many years to come! awesome dude:joke: