PDA

View Full Version : CB, FM Radio and Intercom System

Tim
06-14-2008, 09:49 AM
How many would be interested in having a CB, FM Radio, Aux and Intercom System in one package on there Spyder ?

dltang
06-14-2008, 09:52 AM
I would, J&M has something like that but they only have one Aux input. So you can only have the CB and one other thing. That is why for the price we bought the J &M Integratr which has all this but not the CB and we use GMRS/FRS radios for communication. The biggest downfall is that there are wires everywhere. I have it all in my tank bag and power to the tank bag which helps but isn't as convenient as I would like. What do you have? Or are you just asking?

Tim
06-14-2008, 10:03 AM
I am useing some what the same thing as J&M CB . We have figured a way to add 2 more Aux , One for a MP3 player and GPS voice promps. Unit already has a FM radio that works well.

Mad Matt
06-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Tim,

What are you using?? I am looking for a CB with aux input for my Spyder. I have a Valkyrie Interstate that has a CB already so I was looking for a CB for the Spyder so my wife and I can have inter bike comm and she can have music. She is running the Garmin GPS which integrates XM, MP3, and GPS already, so I only need 1 aux input for that. The J&M fits the bill so we are looking at that. Any info is appreciated.

Matt

araignee88
06-14-2008, 10:54 AM
We are looking at the Cardo Team set, which uses a bluetooth connection and has fewer wires (we hope) Some friends of ours use them and we plan to look at and test their set up. Here is the link to a web review that may be helpful.

www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-intercoms/motorcycle-bluetooth-intercom-review.htm

retread
06-14-2008, 11:55 AM
I've been looking for a setup that will take my phone and MP3/XM radio, and give me intercom and bike to bike comm, can't seem to get decent answers from the dealers, they've all got the things they push. I've got a Nolan helmet that will take N-com, but nobody can explain to me what I need to get to make it work. Any suggestions? Would be nice to be able to talk to my girlfriend without having to shout.

spyder18
06-14-2008, 12:17 PM
I would!!!

NancysToy
06-14-2008, 01:10 PM
I've been looking for a setup that will take my phone and MP3/XM radio, and give me intercom and bike to bike comm, can't seem to get decent answers from the dealers, they've all got the things they push. I've got a Nolan helmet that will take N-com, but nobody can explain to me what I need to get to make it work. Any suggestions? Would be nice to be able to talk to my girlfriend without having to shout.

I use a Starcom 1 for the MP3, phone, and intercom. You can also integrate other things. Thinking about getting a second unit and GMRS/FRS radios for bike-to bike. Great noise reduction circuitry and good, adjustable VOX. It is wired, though, don't know if you can make it work with a Nolan N-Com. I think you need Bluetooth for that.
-Scotty

Tim
06-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Main unit we used is from J&M and we added 2 aux hook ups for a mp3 and a gps interface A filter and a ground loop isolator. Not allot of wires most are hidden in lum under plastic.

I see some asking about bluetooth. We have sold alot of Scala . The single set up works some what. The duals are junk. You will find bluetooth still has a way to go until it works well enough . The ingnition on the spyder gives off a little to much rf interferance as on this year models. WE will have them on our website by this coming thursday .