PDA

View Full Version : Gremlin Bells---not that I am superstitious.....but

Elembytes
06-27-2013, 11:01 PM
So......

Can someone tell me the way Gremlin Bells are to be used? Do you have one on your Spyder?

I have been told that Gremlin Bells have to be given to you from a friend, prayed over and given as a gift.

Do you agree? What's the story about these?

I know some HD riders use them, I have seen a couple of Spyders at Spyderfest having them.

I am NOT superstitious but then again, anything that can help I am all for it. Wanted to take my Spyder to a Bike Blessing service this Spring but didn't get it done.

Just curious! Thank you!!!!!

:bowdown:

Chupaca
06-27-2013, 11:14 PM
There are many stories...so what I have last heard is that it has to be given to you and installed by that person. I think you can prep if they can't do the work, but they have to place it. It should be at the lowest point possible fir the gremlins come up off the ground...:dontknow: Now watch for other versions of the story..!!
I will to...

M109Dreamer
06-27-2013, 11:22 PM
I put one on the wife's RT. Here is some info on the bell.

http://www.angelfire.com/tx5/silverdragonlamp/HarleyBell.html

TicketBait
06-27-2013, 11:44 PM
I commented in a thread on Gremlin Bells and another SpyderLover shipped me one,
see video------>
http://youtu.be/9Bn0fATLcU0

I had the Bell attached to a bracket that is being removed

at the dealership for some new floorboards I am getting,

When I looked today the Guardian Bell wasn't there :yikes:

I heard you needed to receive it as a gift but not that the giver

had to install:dontknow:

I think it would be great if CatSpecialties had a bell made/designed

for Spyders, or someone else here. I would get one:cheers:

And Yes you are superstitious if you believe in the story. jmo ;)

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 05:34 AM
An idea...
What if we organized a "Bell Exchange"?
Folks that want to give or get Bells should post in here...

they can get together, and give a tangible gift of
Spyder-Fellowship...

rc51ny
06-28-2013, 05:46 AM
To answer your question--yes I have one on the RT. In fact I have one on all my bikes. They have been given by friends and I also give them to riding buddies. For me it's just more of a sign of friendship between friends. Here's a pic of mine on the Sypder:

Ga Blue Knight
06-28-2013, 06:07 AM
They are as functional as nipples on a bull. But they are decorative and fun to give and receive. The bells idiot, get your mind out of the gutter!:roflblack:

mac spyder
06-28-2013, 06:11 AM
We were given a bell from friends when we first got our spyder. Here is a little story about them. Enjoy!

You see, there are motorcycle gremlins that LOVE to ride, but they are also mischievous little devils and they cause all sorts of problems for you while you are riding. Some say they are responsible for that old lady in the minivan not seeing you and cutting you off in traffic. Or, you may be having trouble shifting smoothly, your battery goes dead, your turn signal suddenly refuses to work, an oil spill appears out of nowhere, you hit a patch of black ice, etc – you get the idea. Those little gremlins look for trouble and try to steer your bike towards it. Now, once you get a bell on your scoot – it wards off these attacks from the little gremlins, not allowing any more to get onto your bike. If you already have some gremlins riding with you, they will get trapped in the hollow of the bell, and the constant ringing will drive them insane – causing them to lose their grip and fall to the roadway. Do you have the protection of a gremlin bell? If you buy a gremlin bell of your own, the power works. If you receive the gremlin bell as a gift – the powerful magic of the bell is doubled. Do you have a friend who does not have a gremlin bell yet? Why not be the person to give them one, they'll thank you! The bell, and a good preventive maintenance program by the bike's owner, will help eliminate the gremlins.

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 06:41 AM
Sooo... who wants, or needs one? :dontknow:

Harvey
06-28-2013, 06:58 AM
Should you be traveling on I-75 in Kentucky, Longrider Leather at exit 41, (a motorcyclist clothing, helmets, boots, etc. store), has bells sitting on the counter next to the cash register. There are no prices on them, but when you ask how much they are, they just give it to you as a goodwill gesture. I have seen bells in other stores that sell for up to $19.95. They are in the Dog Patch Trading Center and we stop there every time we travel that way. There is also a good southern family style restaurant in this shopping area just in front of Longrider Leather. Yes, I have a bell on my Spyder RT Ltd., given to me by a friend. Safe travels to all.

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 07:03 AM
http://www.gremlinbells.com/

These folks sell them... but it's a good source of information! :thumbup:
And I'll make the offer to buy a bell for anybody who wants one! PM me...

pondboss
06-28-2013, 07:03 AM
I would love one for my new RT Ltd. and a friend to go with it. I too will give to someone in need ""

bullant12
06-28-2013, 07:51 AM
http://www.gremlinbells.com/

These folks sell them... but it's a good source of information! :thumbup:
And I'll make the offer to buy a bell for anybody who wants one! PM me...

I understand, Bob, that the Girls on Spyders (guess how I know :rolleyes:) have a Bell Exchange Program going on...

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 07:55 AM
I'd say that "Great minds think alike"... but we all know that my mind just ain't that great! :D :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 07:59 AM
The Gremlin bell should be given freely to you by a friend or other person concerned about you or your safety, that person is not required to install the bell, you may do so or allow them to install it.

The Legend of the Guardian® Bell

Many years ago, on a cold December night, a crusty old biker was returning from a trip to Mexico with his saddlebags (http://www.spyderlovers.com/toolbags.asp) filled with toys and other assorted trinkets for the kids at a group home near where he worked.As he rode along that night thinking how lucky he had been in life, having a loving riding partner that understood his need to roam the highways and to his trusty old pan that hadn’t let him down once in the many years they had shared the road together.Well about 40 miles north of the border, in the high desert, lurked a small group of notorious little critters known as road gremlins. You know, the ones who always leave little obstacles like, one shoe, boards, and pieces of old tires on the road, and also dig those dreaded potholes for bikers to run over and crash, thus giving the road gremlins a chance to rejoice over their acts of evil.Well, as the lone wolf (http://www.helmetsetc.com/search_results.asp?txtsearchParamTxt=wolf&txtsearchParamType=ALL&iLevel=1&txtsearchParamMan=ALL&txtsearchParamVen=ALL&txtsearchParamCat=ALL&headersearch=1&txtFromSearch=fromSearch) of a biker rounded a curve that moonlit night, the gremlins ambushed him, causing him to crash to the asphalt and skid before coming to a stop next to one of his saddlebags that had broken free. As he lay there, unable to move, the road gremlins made their way towards him. Well, this biker, not being one to give up, started throwing things at the gremlins as they approached him. Finally, with nothing else to throw but a bell, he started ringing it in hopes to scare off the dirty little gremlins.About a half a mile away, camped in the desert, were two bikers sitting around the campfire talking about their day’s ride, and the freedom of the wind blowing in their faces (http://www.spyderlovers.com/apparel.asp) as they rode across this vast country. In the stillness of the night air they heard what sounded to them like church bells ringing, and upon investigating, found the old biker lying along the roadside with the gremlins about to get him. Needless to say, being part of the biker brotherhood, they preceded to ward off the gremlins until the last ran off into the night.Being grateful to the two bikers, the old road dog offered to pay them for their help, but as all true bikers do, they refused to accept any type of payment from him. Not being one to let a good deed go unnoticed, the old biker cut two pieces of leather from his saddlebags tassels and tied a bell to each one. He then placed them on each of the biker’s motorcycles, as near to the ground as possible. The tired, old road warrior then told the two travelers that with those bells placed on their bikes, they would be protected from the road gremlins and that if ever in trouble, just ring the bell and a fellow biker will come to their aid.So, whenever you see a biker with a bell, you know that he has been blessed with the most important thing in life—friendship from a fellow biker.
The Purpose of the Guardian® Bell

Many of us have heard the story about Evil Road Spirits. They are little gremlins that live on your bike. They love to ride, and they’re also responsible for most of your bike’s problems. Sometimes your turn signals refuse to work; your battery goes dead, the clutch needs adjustment, or any of several hundred things that can go wrong. These problems are caused by Evil Road Spirits.Evil Road Spirits can’t live in the presence of the bell, because they get trapped in the hollow of the bell. Among other things, their hearing is supersensitive, so the constant ringing of the bell and the confined space drives them insane. They lose their grip and eventually fall to the roadway. Have you ever wondered how potholes are formed? The bell has served its purpose.If you pick up a Guardian® Bell (http://www.spyderlovers.com/accessories.asp) of your own, the magic will work, but if your bell is given to you, the power is doubled, and you know that somewhere you have a special friend helping to look after you.So, if you have a friend who doesn’t have a bell, why not give them one (http://www.spyderlovers.com/accessories.asp)? It’s a nice feeling for the recipient to know you care. The bell, plus a good preventive maintenance program by the bikes owner, will help eliminate Evil Road Spirits.

Ride Safe

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 08:03 AM
Thanks Joe! :2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 08:07 AM
I would love one for my new RT Ltd. and a friend to go with it. I too will give to someone in need ""

Pondboss

PM me with an address and i would be honored to send you a Gremlin Bell. Hopefully some day you will feel the urge to donate one to another rider.
:thumbup:
Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 08:09 AM
I have a bell on my Spyder that was given to me by one of my sons and i cherish it.

Cruzr Joe

bullant12
06-28-2013, 08:13 AM
I'd say that "Great minds think alike"... but we all know that my mind just ain't that great! :D :roflblack:

See Bob... Joe is already making exchanges to grow the :spyder2: brotherhood... You have started something!:clap:

bullant12
06-28-2013, 08:16 AM
I have a bell on my Spyder that was given to me by one of my sons and i cherish it.

Cruzr Joe

A ryding co-worker introduced me with the tradition. When I traded, my wife gave me one (since I gave her one when she got hers) so now I rYde with 2 zipped tied on my brake pedal. I've had both blessed!:thumbup:

flamingobabe
06-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Girls on Spyders have been doing Gremlin Bell Exchange for sometime now...maybe 2 to 3 years....Ticket Bait...send me your addy and Ill send a Bell

bullant12
06-28-2013, 08:19 AM
Girls on Spyders have been doing Gremlin Bell Exchange for sometime now...maybe 2 to 3 years....Ticket Bait...send me your addy and Ill send a Bell

I think it's one of the first things that started GOS... I remember Leira shipping a few out when it first started!:clap:

pro10is
06-28-2013, 08:19 AM
So......

Can someone tell me the way Gremlin Bells are to be used? Do you have one on your Spyder?

I have been told that Gremlin Bells have to be given to you from a friend, prayed over and given as a gift.

I know some HD riders use them, I have seen a couple of Spyders at Spyderfest having them.

I am NOT superstitious but then again, anything that can help I am all for it. Wanted to take my Spyder to a Bike Blessing service this Spring but didn't get it done.

If you're not superstitious then a gremlin bell will have no use to you (other than perhaps a nice conversation piece). ;)

bullant12
06-28-2013, 08:23 AM
If you're not superstitious then a gremlin bell will have no use to you (other than perhaps a nice conversation piece). ;)

... and makes you feel that someone cares about you!nojoke

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 08:24 AM
In this world or at least in this country you have a right to believe in what ever makes you feel better. Don't let the naysayers bring you down. Smile, God loves you.

Cruzr Joe

pro10is
06-28-2013, 08:33 AM
... and makes you feel that someone cares about you!nojoke
:agree: And therein lies its true value.

ABQAndy
06-28-2013, 08:47 AM
Yes, I have a Guardian Bell on my RT. Given to me by my son right after I bought the :spyder2:. He wanted me to be safe and it reminds me of him every time I notice it.

gnirtsnod
06-28-2013, 08:59 AM
I was told that you could go to just about any motorcycle shop that works on wrecks and get some pretty good ideas where to place the bell. I see a lot of bells on bikes and appreciate the ritualistic aspects; however, I feel they are as useful as shark repellent in the ocean. Reid, I'll add that when I laid my two-wheeler down last year, there was no bell on it. Humm, maybe I should re-think my position?

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 09:00 AM
Could it hurt to try one? :D PM me your address; I'd be honored to get one for you! :thumbup:

bluestratos
06-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Lol... well... gremlin bell..I bet if the Pope gave them out for a small donation they would be sure to stop every accident! lol...sorry I could not resist.

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 09:12 AM
:shocked: But I'm a United Methodist... :shocked:
His Kung-Fu has no effect upon my heathen soul... :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Lol... well... gremlin bell..I bet if the Pope gave them out for a small donation they would be sure to stop every accident! lol...sorry I could not resist.

I am slow i guess, i missed the humor in that.

Cruzr Joe

bullant12
06-28-2013, 09:17 AM

:lecturef_smilie: Remember last time we got into religion?!?!:yikes:

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 09:18 AM
:lecturef_smilie: Remember last time we got into religion?!?!:yikes:

Yes i do, be quiet, i am reloading.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 09:22 AM
Sooo... :shocked:
Who wants ICE-CREAM?!? :yes::ohyea::yes: :D

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 09:23 AM
Sooo... :shocked:
Who wants ICE-CREAM?!? :yes::ohyea::yes: :D

ME, ME, ME

Cruzr Joe

Jbiancolli
06-28-2013, 09:24 AM
Need all the help I can get. Just ordered one

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 09:26 AM
PM me your mailing address...
They work better if they're received as a gift...
I'd be happy to help out a "Pennsyltuckian" :D :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 09:28 AM

Yeah, then he can gift the one he ordered to someone else.

Cruzr Joe

bruiser
06-28-2013, 09:29 AM
We both have two on our Spyders. The last ones given to us by close friends at Spyderfest. I got the first one myself when we got our first Spyder. So when Bruisersbaby took over that Spyder she got that bell. So in a sense I gifted that bell to her.

One of the bells I have is an Air Force bell.

Jbiancolli
06-28-2013, 09:38 AM

Thanks, actually my wife ordered it for me.

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 09:43 AM
That works perfectly! :2thumbs:
I'm real glad to hear that she's in on all of this... :clap:

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 09:57 AM
a friend of mine told me that he got a new gremlin bell for his wife, i told him i thought that he made a good trade.

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 10:03 AM
:roflblack: :shocked: :lecturef_smilie: :D

finless
06-28-2013, 10:13 AM
So reading this.... Seems to me it wont work if you ASK someone to give you one?
It has to be given without expectation?
This is kind of like vampire legends. They cannot come into your house unless you invite them in!

I dunno... too much superstition with this. Are there negative aspects of getting one?

First time I ever heard of a gremlin was this... didn't work out too well for Captain Kirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dar2HKImK-0

Bob

pro10is
06-28-2013, 10:28 AM
So reading this.... Seems to me it wont work if you ASK someone to give you one?
This is kind of like vampire legends. They cannot come into your house unless you invite them in!

I dunno... too much superstition with this. Are there negative aspects of getting one?

First time I ever heard of a gremlin was this... didn't work out too well for Captain Kirk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dar2HKImK-0

Bob
Love that episode of Twilight Zone! One of the best. Don't know why Shatner was so shaken up over a mere gremlin though, he faced far worse on the Enterprise.

Gremlins are cute I but I wouldn't invite a vampire into my house though. That could be trouble and I think Buffy is now retired.

Maybe I should get a gremlin bell in lieu of that extended BEST warranty I was thinking of buying. Just as effective and a -lot- cheaper!

CurtG
06-28-2013, 10:42 AM
Actually the Bug and I are on the second bell, both given to me by the wife. First one parted company with us on a very rough stretch of city pavement it was cable tied to the hitch and I suspect something (?) bit through the tie. The second one was on the hitch fastened to the safety chain ring but has since been moved to the mud flap below the license plate. The safety chain hook kinda beat up the bell.

I also try to get to at least one of the bike blessing each year.

I put a bell on Linda's Ural right after she got it. Found one with a dragon cast into it.

Ride safe,

TicketBait
06-28-2013, 10:49 AM

Thank You so much Charlyne, addy sent :thumbup:

Bob

finless/Bob I am getting you one!, and you didn't ask :yes:, PM me your address or when I see you on the "First Annual";)

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 10:50 AM
Bob

Negative aspects? Well... you might have to think of your fellow Spyderers in a gentler tone! :D

I don't think that it's considered asking for one... both Joe and I have offered up a to anybody who is interested; it's just a way to get folks together. :thumbup:
Fellowships fostered across the internet simply don't have the same interpersonal lines of communication that exist right in the dealership with your riding buddies. They need a bit more "prodding" at times! ;)

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 10:51 AM
TicketBait... (Or is it MISTER Bait?)
That's the spirit! :ohyea::yes::ohyea: :firstplace:

finless
06-28-2013, 10:56 AM
PM sent... Thanks TB.
Although I have never been one to believe in hoodoo voodoo stuff like this. I am a little worried it will break my own luck by starting. When I bought my boat and renamed it, I never did the ritual that your suppose to do when you rename a boat so Neptune does not get mad! Never had a issue!

But since I don't believe in it, I will attach it as a gift from another spyder lover with thanks!

Bob

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Bob,
Since I'm reading this thread and suffer from ADD anyway... :shocked:
How is the Dealth Valley Rde planning progressing? Having the Gremlin Bell along for that one certainly wouldn't hurt... ;)
(Although a couple of gallons of water might help even more! :thumbup:)

finless
06-28-2013, 11:15 AM
I think we are in for it (TicketBait, Jerbear, and myself). Just no date set.
I kind of have a rough schedule until September. My Dad died April 13th and his service is tomorrow. I am the executor and handling the estate for my two sisters. I will also be flying out to Connecticut for another service in mid July.
So maybe late August or September I think when all is taken care of! It's amazing how many bills come in you had no idea you had to handle after 2 months!

But we are off topic now and the thread discussing this is here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?54656-First-Annual

Bob

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 11:21 AM
I'm sorry to hear about this major loss... :shocked:
One step at a time... just one... :thumbup:

bullant12
06-28-2013, 11:55 AM
Sorry about your loss Bob finless....
:pray:
I always heard the saying "Superstitions bring bad luck" (maybe an rephrase of Murphy's Law...:dontknow:), but I only see it as a gift too... so enjoy the feeling!!:thumbup:

Flanker
06-28-2013, 12:25 PM
They are as functional as nipples on a bull. But they are decorative and fun to give and receive. The bells idiot, get your mind out of the gutter!:roflblack: Good one, and too true!

ARCTIC
06-28-2013, 02:22 PM

Bob

That makes sense to me!! Maybe we should start a thread where members can list their name if they don't have a bell so then random members could send them one. But.... since members on here have offered to send a bell to those in need. You are essentially accepting an offer that has been extended...:thumbup: One question I have is: if the person who gave you the bell frequently rides as a passenger with you... does the bell not work when they are riding along? I'm thinking way to far into this :roflblack:

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 02:37 PM

Whew, good thing he ain't a master. just sayin :dontknow:

Cruzr Joe

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 02:40 PM
That makes sense to me!! Maybe we should start a thread where members can list their name if they don't have a bell so then random members could send them one. But.... since members on here have offered to send a bell to those in need. You are essentially accepting an offer that has been extended...:thumbup: One question I have is: if the person who gave you the bell frequently rides as a passenger with you... does the bell not work when they are riding along? I'm thinking way to far into this :roflblack:

The power of the Bell see's no boundary

Cruzr Joe

finless
06-28-2013, 02:46 PM
Lets just hope it not "For Whom The Bell Toll's" :thumbup:

Bob

SpyderMouse22
06-28-2013, 02:48 PM
So......

They don't have to be given i bought my own. If you get them as a gift they have more power lol On this site you will see they have a black widow bell which i have just ordered. http://www.guardianbell.com/

Cruzr Joe
06-28-2013, 02:50 PM
The offer is out there

Bob Denman
or
Cruzr Joe

would feel honored to gift to you a Gremlin Bell, just PM us with a name and address to send it to.

Occasionally a bell is gender specific so please let us know your gender (Male or female)

Cruzr Joe and Bob Denman

Tango
06-28-2013, 03:18 PM
Thank you Charlyne(Flamingobabe). Can't wait to see what you are sending me. :thumbup: Tom :trike:

ARtraveler
06-28-2013, 03:30 PM
The other posters have you covered on the information about the gremlin bells.

That said, I have had them on all my latest bikes. Akspyderlady has two on hers.

The part about the praying over them is optional. I think that goes along with the blessing of the bikes--another subject altogether.

TicketBait
06-28-2013, 04:17 PM

Why thanks Bob Denman, it made me feel good to give and receive all in the same day.

PM sent... Thanks TB.
Although I have never been one to believe in hoodoo voodoo stuff like this. I am a little worried it will break my own luck by starting. When I bought my boat and renamed it, I never did the ritual that your suppose to do when you rename a boat so Neptune does not get mad! Never had a issue!

But since I don't believe in it, I will attach it as a gift from another spyder lover with thanks!

Bob

:2thumbs::thumbup: (Three (3) Thumbs UP!):yes:

I think we are in for it (TicketBait, Jerbear, and myself). Just no date set.
I kind of have a rough schedule until September. My Dad died April 13th and his service is tomorrow. I am the executor and handling the estate for my two sisters. I will also be flying out to Connecticut for another service in mid July.
So maybe late August or September I think when all is taken care of! It's amazing how many bills come in you had no idea you had to handle after 2 months!

But we are off topic now and the thread discussing this is here:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?54656-First-Annual

Bob

I'm sorry to hear about this major loss... :shocked:
One step at a time... just one... :thumbup:

:agree: sorry for your loss.

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 05:20 PM
The offer is out there

Bob Denman
or
Cruzr Joe

would feel honored to gift to you a Gremlin Bell, just PM us with a name and address to send it to.

Occasionally a bell is gender specific so please let us know your gender (Male or female)

Cruzr Joe and Bob Denman

:yes::2excited:

Babyblue
06-28-2013, 06:10 PM
Hubby and I were at Afton Leathers in Afton, MN purchasing chaps and jackets. Jim the store owner gave us each one. I felt it was a thoughtful gesture. Harley and a Spyder...........sure as heck can't hurt.:2thumbs:

SpyderMouse22
06-29-2013, 02:03 AM
I commented in a thread on Gremlin Bells and another SpyderLover shipped me one,
see video------>
http://youtu.be/9Bn0fATLcU0

I had the Bell attached to a bracket that is being removed

at the dealership for some new floorboards I am getting,

When I looked today the Guardian Bell wasn't there :yikes:

I heard you needed to receive it as a gift but not that the giver

had to install:dontknow:

You

I think it would be great if CatSpecialties had a bell made/designed

for Spyders, or someone else here. I would get one:cheers:

And Yes you are superstitious if you believe in the story. jmo ;)

you can get a blackwidow spider bell here http://www.guardianbell.com/

Firefly
06-29-2013, 09:01 AM
I was given one once. Installed it. It jumped off within a few rides...... must have scared the poop outta it.

I don't have one now and somehow everything rides just fine... lol.

Blessings.. gremlin bells....nah... I'll keep my faith in the BRP engineers and my riding ability to keep me safe!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Bob Denman
06-29-2013, 01:11 PM
You are such a Secularist! :roflblack: :2thumbs:

wyliec
06-29-2013, 01:18 PM
You are such a Secularist! :roflblack: :2thumbs:

I think he is a realist.

Bob Denman
06-29-2013, 01:22 PM
I know; but my description sounds better... :roflblack: :joke:

Firefly
06-29-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm in a personal relationship with reality. ;-)

flamingobabe
06-29-2013, 02:49 PM
Firefly is really a great big teddy bear...sweetheart...but then I don';t plan to be on his bad side....we're here for fun and games...love you

spydaman60
06-29-2013, 04:06 PM
what I want to know is , if this is what started gos, then are we now going to have bos (boys on spyders?):roflblack:

Elembytes
06-29-2013, 06:07 PM
Thanks for all the posts and education and thoughts going on about this. I ended up at a HD dealer who sold Gremlin/Guardian Bells, nice ones of Pewter and designs on them. $12.95 not to bad. I bought it for someone I met at Spyderfest this year. I hope they will be surprised and appreciative. Only time will tell.

They say if you buy your own it will still work, but I decided NOT to buy one there even with my wife, we will just see what happens if the future and hope someone reciprocates. We don't have a lot of "biker" friends so our regular friends have no clue to this one. ;)

None the less- it was a fun experience and hope this couple likes what we got for them. There were many to choose from so we put some thought into it. They don't live near us so can't install it for them.

Again, thank you for the responses and education. Is truly a wonderful and neat idea and if it does in fact protect us---even better. Just nice to do something nice for someone else. Think it is neat that Bob and others here including the ladies- offer them to others. What a true and blessed group we all are.

Continuing on our journey and life with a Spyder----take care- and again thanks :bowdown:

coz
06-29-2013, 08:46 PM
what I want to know is , if this is what started gos, then are we now going to have bos (boys on spyders?):roflblack:can we call it P O S ? :cus: ' s on spyders. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: i'm in.:thumbup:

finless
07-05-2013, 04:04 PM
finless/Bob I am getting you one!, and you didn't ask :yes:, PM me your address or when I see you on the "First Annual";)

TicketBait!

I got the bell today when I returned from my 600 mile service!

Love it! Has a Spyder on it :)
Wife loves it too and asked all kinds of questions about what it was about. The bell came with a description.

Thank you! You Da-Man! :thumbup:

Now I just have to figure out where to hang it.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71197&d=1373058242

Bob

finless
07-05-2013, 08:48 PM
This is how I mounted my special gift!
Thanks TicketBait :)

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?54981-How-I-mounted-my-gremlin-bell-on-the-RT

Bob

TicketBait
07-05-2013, 09:06 PM
TicketBait!

I got the bell today when I returned from my 600 mile service!

Love it! Has a Spyder on it :)
Wife loves it too and asked all kinds of questions about what it was about. The bell came with a description.

Thank you! You Da-Man! :thumbup:

Now I just have to figure out where to hang it.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71197&d=1373058242

Bob

Glad you like it finless Bob, when I saw

they had a BlackWidow Spider, I knew
it was meant for you. :cheers:

Tango
07-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Thank you Charlyne(Flamingobabe). Can't wait to see what you are sending me. :thumbup: Tom :trike:

Charlyne, WOW! You hit a home run with the bell! Thank you, and thanks to the "Spyder Girls". What a great job you are all doing. :firstplace: Tom :trike:

flamingobabe
07-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Tango...you are welcome...no trains....so the next best thing....grandkids are so much better than our own kids... we should of had them 1st

gottago
07-06-2013, 08:22 AM
Oh yes, absolutely have a Gremlin Bell on my 2013 RTS/ put it on on the showroom floor before I moved the bike 1 foot.