PDA

View Full Version : New STS owner

thom0329
06-27-2013, 12:16 PM
I picked up a yellow STS last week as a gift from my wife for getting a vasectomy.........

It was fairly intimidating for me for my first few rides as I have never driven a street bike however on my third night out I really felt confortable and had my first experiences with the 'nanny'. The guide posted on here helped tremendously. I now rev the snot out of the bike and lean into corners.

I too feel quite a bit of heat from the leg area but it's not at a point where I'll be insulating exhaust pipes.

I got a few 'farkles' on order like the triple play rear lights, trunk liner, and Spyder
Cruise Jacket.

I had subscribed to a different Spyder forum before finding this one and was dissappointed in the amount of information. This all changed when I found this forum! All my questions have been answered.

Thanks spyderlovers.com for giving us a place to exchange information!

Brad

ARtraveler
06-27-2013, 12:53 PM
:welcome: to the site. You will find much more information here than elsewhere. I went back the other day to check it out again--and virtually nothing to compare with SL.

:congrats: on your new ryde. It sounds like you are having a good time.

Beware of farkles. The fun is just beginning there.

Chupaca
06-27-2013, 01:38 PM
To the roadster world.. Now that your feet are wet the fun will begin. ST is a new model but there are some products to help with the heat you mention. Unfortunately none will bring the ambient temp down to reasonable levels...you have also found the best place for Q & A and a lot more...!! Enjoy..!! :thumbup:

Saluda
06-28-2013, 06:30 AM
and enjoy ! Great model !

quickster47
06-28-2013, 06:36 AM
Welcome to the world of Spyders and those that ryde them.

Great choice on the bike and the color. Exact same thing I am getting next month as our second Spyder.

Carl

pondboss
06-28-2013, 06:36 AM
Welcome and:congrats: !!

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 06:48 AM
:congrats:
And it only cost you a... :shocked:
:joke:

We'll need to see some pics of the bike; NOT the scar! :opps:

Sny
06-28-2013, 08:04 AM
You had to do what?

Man, they only made me sign stuff... that was scary enough!

:congrats: I know you'll enjoy it!

edit: I mean the Spyder... :shocked:

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 09:44 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_19.gif http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif

SpyderAnn01
06-28-2013, 09:49 AM
Congratulations on the vasectomy and the Spyder :roflblack:

OldDog
06-28-2013, 09:56 AM
At least the warmth in your crotch will help you heal. ;):joke::thumbup:

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 11:10 AM
I thought that they gave you ice packs for the discomfort... :shocked: :D

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 11:12 AM
Heyyyyy... Old Dog.;
If the vasectomy worked for him... :shocked:
Make an offer that your Better Half will have to consider...
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_12.gif Well if he's willing to do THAT...

Buttsy
06-28-2013, 11:13 AM
I picked up a yellow STS last week as a gift from my wife for getting a vasectomy.........

When we got our Lab "fixed" all he got was a "Bone" to chew on..............:dontknow: Congrats on the new ride.......... :doorag:

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 11:23 AM
This just might start a whole new trend of streamlined riders and relieved spouses... :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

bullant12
06-28-2013, 12:03 PM
This just might start a whole new trend of streamlined riders and relieved spouses... :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

When it hits Girls on Spyders... it will spread like wildfire!!!:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

"Hey honey... I figured out a way that you can get the motorcycle/car/boat/man's toy you've always wanted..."

:barf:

FaranH
06-28-2013, 12:07 PM
When it hits Girls on Spyders... it will spread like wildfire!!!:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes:

"Hey honey... I figured out a way that you can get the motorcycle/car/boat/man's toy you've always wanted..."

:roflblack: Be warned, SL husbands! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 12:14 PM
You know what; some of us are old-enough that it really wouldn't matter! :roflblack:
To get a new Spyder; it'd be a SMALL sacrifice! :shocked: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif

bullant12
06-28-2013, 12:17 PM
:roflblack: Be warned, SL husbands! :roflblack:

Well, that didn't take long!:wrong:

You know what; some of us are old-enough that it really wouldn't matter! :roflblack:
To get a new Spyder; it'd be a SMALL sacrifice! :shocked: http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_72.gif

Or for cases like me... no kids yet... I still have a standing chance! Meanwhile... I enjoy the practice sessions!;)

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 12:37 PM
It's only when those practice sessions get out of hand... :yikes:
(My gosh! If that didn't have several meanings; what would? :D)

bullant12
06-28-2013, 12:40 PM
It's only when those practice sessions get out of hand... :yikes:
(My gosh! If that didn't have several meanings; what would? :D)

Hey... I'm still alive and well (for now)!:D

OldDog
06-28-2013, 01:13 PM
All this innuendo got me thinking. Insert a tube of some sort in the space between the cat converter and the gas tank. Do not allow it to touch. Vent it to an exhaust fan out the back to create negative pressure. Air should enter around the handlebar vent on the ST. Problem solved. Would someone be willing to try this?
Does anyone have a photo of this area?

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Hey... I'm still alive and well (for now)!:D
At least until she reads all of this! :roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 01:22 PM
All this innuendo got me thinking. Insert a tube of some sort in the space between the cat converter and the gas tank. Do not allow it to touch. Vent it to an exhaust fan out the back to create negative pressure. Air should enter around the handlebar vent on the ST. Problem solved. Would someone be willing to try this?

Interesting idea... Any takers? :dontknow:

Dog... you may just have to buy your own ST and try it on for size! :D :thumbup:

Tell your Best-Half that it's, "an experiment..." :shocked:

bullant12
06-28-2013, 01:28 PM
At least until she reads all of this! :roflblack:

What do you mean?!?! She's the one that thinks half of these practice sessions!nojoke

:yikes: Scared me... thought this would be some kind of cheap vasectomy!:roflblack:

Bob Denman
06-28-2013, 02:47 PM
":yikes: Scared me... thought this would be some kind of cheap vasectomy!:roflblack:"

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_12_1.gif

bamaspyder1
07-01-2013, 12:43 PM
oh...man :yikes: congrats

Bob Denman
07-01-2013, 06:41 PM
At least it didn't cost an arm and a leg! :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: