PDA

View Full Version : alarms

retread
06-13-2008, 02:03 PM
I just started looking for an alarm system, does anybody know anything about Scorpio alarms? They claim to have a plug and play setup for the Spyder.

ataDude
06-13-2008, 02:13 PM
I've used them. And, I'm moving one from a GW (sold) to the Spyder. Good stuff... reliable, no problems.

I just started looking for an alarm system, does anybody know anything about Scorpio alarms? They claim to have a plug and play setup for the Spyder.

spyder-dude
06-13-2008, 08:28 PM
I just installed my Scorpio SR-i900 2 way alarm 3 weeks ago. It is great and easy to install with their plug n play kit.

Sopher
06-13-2008, 09:20 PM
I originally had the Talon alarm on order from Ken at Evoluzione, but Ken could not get them to supply it reliably. I canceled that order and ordered the Scorpio SR-i900.
Yes it 's a bit pricey, but my reasoning was this: that 2-way fob will tell me all I need to know about my Spyder.
I plan on using my SPyder for comutes to work and I may not always be in ear shot of the alarm sound. But that key fob will give me piece of mind of the security i want.
I ordered it today from Absolute Performance and the harness from Scorpio themselves.

omac546
06-13-2008, 09:34 PM
I just installed my Scorpio SR-i900 2 way alarm 3 weeks ago. It is great and easy to install with their plug n play kit.

I'm interested on where you mounted the MCM on your spyder. I have the SR-i900, but am not sure where the best location for the main control module is. Also where did you locate the P-sensor and disable box if you used them.

spyder-dude
06-14-2008, 07:12 AM
I'm interested on where you mounted the MCM on your spyder. I have the SR-i900, but am not sure where the best location for the main control module is. Also where did you locate the P-sensor and disable box if you used them.

I mounted the MCM above the battery and the Perimiter sensor under the plastic center consol that is right in front of the seat.

spydersam
06-14-2008, 04:52 PM
What is the true range you guys get on the unit???