PDA

View Full Version : Disney park ticket best place to buy

harrypottar
06-24-2013, 09:20 PM
Totally off topic, taking family to Disney in a couple of weeks. I have to be in Florida for business so taking the family along.

Been googling and the prices seem to have sky rocketed over the past few years. Looking for 3x 3 day park hoppers, any one know of a great place to look for a good deal..

thanks

harry

acinpcola
06-24-2013, 09:29 PM
Are you by any chance retired military?

SpyderAnn01
06-24-2013, 10:41 PM
Good luck! I don't know how people can afford to take their families anywhere these days.

Chupaca
06-24-2013, 10:49 PM
But if you don't find any deals you get great discounts through AAA and some other cards.. Check through them. If staying at a hotel in Orlando some hotels have packages and discounted tickets...:dontknow: Good luck..!!

Bob Denman
06-25-2013, 06:43 AM
Discounts at Disney? :shocked: ?
The Missus and I have kind of made WDW our favorite place for a quick "Decompression"...
We'll take a three-day weekend in January or February and turn it into four days. :thumbup:
But I've never seen the "good deal" that you are referring to.
The Good Deal, is that you get to see joy on the faces of your Family...
What it ultimately costs; is relatively unimportant. ;)

I would suggest staying at the Moderate Resorts... We liked Coronado a lot!
... The Dininf in there was a bit intimidating to sort out, but the food was good!
You can still make your way to any other Resort for dining and shopping opportunities!

Take lots of pictures, and let us know how it went; Have Fun! :2thumbs:

bullant12
06-25-2013, 07:14 AM
Are you by any chance retired military?

Good question... They have nice packages if you are active or retired military. But you have to contact Disney directly or thru one of their resorts. Also, if you military, you can stay at the Shades of Green Resort, very affordable, has shuttles to the parks and can get your tickets there.

Bob Denman
06-25-2013, 07:31 AM
Wait a minute! :shocked:
Don't you have a place at Universal Studios, where they keep a room for you? :roflblack:

harrypottar
06-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Wait a minute! :shocked:
Don't you have a place at Universal Studios, where they keep a room for you? :roflblack:

:roflblack::roflblack:, trust me I've tried but they won't let book under harry pottar...

I'm an expat from Britain so no military discount for me, my eldest delayed his collage and did a couple of tours with the US Army, not sure if we can get tickets via him, I will ask.

We're staying at the Swan in Disney, there's a week long conference I'm attending for Business at the same hotel so the wife and youngest is tagging along.

I did find that Expedia have buy 3 day park hooper and get two additional park hooper days free. Not a bad deal but they won't want to spend all week at Disney.

Going to universal on the Monday to see the copy of my old school from back in England, which is frustrating as we're supposed to be hiding from Muggles.

Then was looking for 3 day park hopper plus city scape at night. I will end up buying the tickets no matter what but trying to get the best bang for the buck. $1000 for 3 tickets visiting a park is expensive no matter how you look at it, but at the end of the day it should be a fun week and it is what it is.

Need to figure out how to get Florida license along with my MA license :roflblack:

harry

Bob Denman
06-25-2013, 09:22 AM
The Swan is in a very nice location...
You're a short walk from Epcot...
(And an even shorter boat ride!) :2thumbs:

Daisyjoe
06-25-2013, 09:46 AM
My daughter and I visit Disney several a times a year, so we purchased the annual pass. It ends up being more economical. Also know that ticket prices increased recently. The last time we were there, heard a lot of complaining from patrons. Long lines and soooooo many people. Fast pass helps, but I feel sorry for people with small children who must stand in a line for 45 to 60 minutes in 95 degree weather. This being said, it is still worth it to see the magic of Walt's Kingdom. My daughter and I are leaving this Friday for another visit. Must psych myself up for lots of patience. Hot weather, tons of rude people, crying children, rides that stop working after you have been waiting in line for 30 minutes---AHHHH Can't wait!! Splash mountain take me away:clap:

Bob Denman
06-25-2013, 10:10 AM
That's one of the benefits of going there with absolutely no itinerary or plan...
If there are lines, we head off in another direction
We like to watch the adults trying to herd their kids from one ride to the next at breakneck speeds...
The screaming... the pouting... the tantrums... :shocked:
And the kids aren't any better! :roflblack:

We hit the rides that we want at a pace that pretty much insures that there's no stress getting in the way of the fun!
Dining reservations are already made...
About nightfall; we grab a drink, and pick a spot for the fireworks displays...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_14_7.gif

bullant12
06-25-2013, 10:34 AM
That's one of the benefits of going there with absolutely no itinerary or plan...

:agree: and for us kidless couples... best times are in Spring or Fall... away from the school breaks! Less people in the parks too!:yes:

Bob Denman
06-25-2013, 10:44 AM
:agree: :2thumbs:
Ours is 25, and is now his own set of headaches! :yes::ohyea:

acinpcola
06-25-2013, 11:26 AM
Wife and I are true Disney Fanatics. I have a room here that has all four parks represented and have a disney themed salt water aquarium. We are annual passholders and since I am Retired Navy I use the AFVC for our places to stay. We get a condo close to the parks for only 369 for a week. Also, if you are a vet and belong to a Veterans Organization like the American Legion you can use Veteran's Holidays.com it also offers Condos for 369 for a week (7 nights) We will be visiting the world in sept/oct of this year and our condo (which turns out is a town home) is only .08 of a mile from world drive. Being annual pass holders we don't pay for parking which also has increased to 16 dollars a day I do believe. People around here who know us or their friends will call and say they are going to Disney World and would like to come over and get some tips, when they get here we show them the room and actually point out where to go with or without children. Any any way sorry for running on. Have a magical day and good luck finding the right priced tickets for your trip.

AC:spyder2:

mike3069
06-25-2013, 11:38 AM
Go to www.mousesavers.com

They have lots of info on any discounts that are available.

Bob Denman
06-25-2013, 11:40 AM
Thanks Mike :2thumbs:

Daisyjoe
06-25-2013, 06:41 PM
If there are lines, we head off in another direction
We like to watch the adults trying to herd their kids from one ride to the next at breakneck speeds...
The screaming... the pouting... the tantrums... :shocked:
And the kids aren't any better! :roflblack:

We hit the rides that we want at a pace that pretty much insures that there's no stress getting in the way of the fun!
Dining reservations are already made...
About nightfall; we grab a drink, and pick a spot for the fireworks displays...http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/8/8_14_7.gif

:2thumbs::2thumbs:

jwmcclellan
06-26-2013, 01:44 AM
I have relatives that work at Disney World so I get in free every year. My nephew (who works there) says the best time to go to Disney World is the week after Thanksgiving. Not really an option if you have kids (unless you take them out of school!!). Thought I was being smart and went in February one year. Didn't realize that every country in South America seemed to be at the park at this time too. Was very crowded and English was a second language that week.

juliantrost
06-26-2013, 07:22 AM
You can try groupon.com

Sign up with them for any place you would like to visit and they will send you great deals if there are any in that area. I used it few times for night out in NY and few days we spent in Las Vegas last year for my son's birthday, including tickets to a Rock Award Ceremony at the Hard Rock Hotel.

Wiredux
06-26-2013, 08:01 AM
I have to say the Shades of Green would be the best if you are or were military. We saved a bunch of $$ when we were there last year.

bullant12
06-26-2013, 08:16 AM
I have to say the Shades of Green would be the best if you are or were military. We saved a bunch of $$ when we were there last year.

:agree:... We went a few years back with my mother in law and her sister in law and the room was great! 2 bathrooms, 3 beds, nice view of the golf course, and a nice breakfast area with other commodities. Very affordable!:thumbup:

harrypottar
07-13-2013, 10:55 AM

Thanks for all the feed back, one more question

We're leaving tomorrow, we're staying and the Swan and Dolphin, my eldest did three tours and his tagging along with his girlfriend.

He called Shades of Green and they offer deeply discounted tickets but he did not ask if there was a limit. Can he buy ticket for all of us, Mom,Dad, brother, girlfriend etc.

thanks

harry

Magdave
07-13-2013, 01:51 PM
Try Bookit.com I got a smoking deal on Universal tickets there.

DocRags
07-15-2013, 12:07 PM
I believe there is a limit of six discounted military tickets, Harry (whether tickets are purchased by the military member OR their spouse, i.e. you can't get up to 12 tickets total between them, only six), and one of the tickets has to be used by the military member/spouse. Initially the military member/spouse has to present ID to activate all the tickets but does not have to be there on subsequent days of use.

harrypottar
07-15-2013, 10:51 PM
Thanks for all the info, we went to shades of green today but where turned down.

My son was in the national gaurd for quite a number of years and did three tours over seas. He got so far behind on his collage education that he didn't re-up. He wants to complete his MD then re-sign up for the army national gurd again.

Although his a veteran, because his not active currently they said they couldn't sell us the tickets, oh well we tried.

thanks anyway, we will still have fun this week, just trying to save some money...

harry...