PDA

View Full Version : Hindle baffle and Juice Box Pro

markmarks
06-24-2013, 11:17 AM
I am looking for advice from Spyder owners that have removed the baffle from their Hindle exhaust and used a Juice Box Pro to change the mapping. I would like to remove the baffle from my Hindle exhaust to hopefully give the Spyder a deeper sound and i would like to add the Juice Box Pro to help with some times when the acceleration is not as smooth as it should be (usually hot weather).

2012 RSS SE5 with few modifications (yet). 5,700 miles.

Here are my questions:

When the Hindle baffle is removed is the sound obnoxious or just deeper and richer sounding?

Did you have any issues with annual inspections with the baffle removed?

Did removing the baffle negatively affect how the Spyder ran?

Were you able to tune the Spyder with the Juice Box Pro?

Did the modification help low end acceleration?

Any other challenges with removing the baffle or using the Juice Box Pro.

Any experience and advice you are willing to share will be appreciated!

Thanks,

M2

Derek Paisley
06-24-2013, 12:48 PM
:popcorn:

Tierhog
06-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Sorry Marks...I have an HMF and JB pro/GF. Can only advise concerning the tune/AFR.

Chupaca
06-24-2013, 05:51 PM
we have the hindel pipe but like the way it sounds. No other mods so if you do get the info and make the change give us a shout... Would like to hear the sound..good luck..!! :thumbup:

markmarks
06-24-2013, 07:51 PM
Sorry Marks...I have an HMF and JB pro/GF. Can only advise concerning the tune/AFR.

Thanks for the response....

Does the Juice Box Pro allow you to tune the Spyder adequately or are you limited in the tuning that the JB Pro can do? If you had any issues with the low end acceleration on your Spyder, did the JB Pro make a noticeable difference?

Thanks again,

M2

Tierhog
06-24-2013, 10:22 PM
Yes, the pro allows aftermarket tunes from power commander and stock tunes. It also allows you to increase or decrease fuel rates at three separate rpm partitions. Notable increase in acceleration and dead spot removal. :)

Excellent customer service and install was pretty easy.

Machinegunner
07-07-2013, 09:16 AM
My wife and I both had Hindel with baffle removed. Sounded great. We used Juice Box PRO with map 5 (Two Bros. and green filter). But greatest power increase came with the same Juice Box setting plus replacing Hindel with Supertrapp automotive universal muffler with 18 discs.