PDA

View Full Version : Today I Saw A Spyder for the First Time.

captainryder
06-12-2008, 05:53 PM
Yeah, that's right.

I ordered a Spyder SE5 Full Moon (Silver) in February. Made my decision from just the website. Sent a deposit 650 mi west of my location to the nearest dealer (at that time) and now I wait. I sent another $1000.00 for some BRP accessories to the dealer in April, so they could order them and have them installed. (outdoor cover, backrest and rack, tank bag, and 12volt adapter). I've been anxious, nervous, very confused about delivery, but still optimistic that BRP has a secret plan to release SE5's earlier than promised. And thanks to all of you at this forum, I get a good dose of hype about Spyders, that keeps me going. :bigthumbsup:

But today, I went to a new dealership and actually saw one. It's Wow. And I felt like I knew all about this machine! I could have taken a Torx 30 and disassembled it for them! I found myself looking in the inlets for oil blow out, checking the way the dash is removed by a scredriver into those holes, noticing if there was a burn out place on the muffler, even checking the seal around the trunk for water leaks. The dealer probably thought I was a Dept of Transportation (DOT) safety cop :cop:

I've scheduled a demo ride later this month and can't wait. Now my anxiety on when will "I get the call" will be worse.

pphantom538
06-12-2008, 05:56 PM
ask the local dealer if you can come in from time to time to get you riding fix as you wait in exchange for giving him the service when yours arrives.

Smylinacha
06-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Yeah keep calling the dealer to "borrow" it for a test ride! It will come - good things come to those who wait.

J-Dub70
06-12-2008, 07:52 PM
"THE WAIT".....Yes "The Wait" is absolutely EXCRUCIATING!!! I waited 8 months for mine and was lucky to get it earlier than expected (long story). All I can say is - it is absolutely worth it! Every minute of expectation will translate into hours of enjoyment on the road.

You will like it...
You will love it...
Your friends and family will not be able to dynamite your :edit: off of it!!

It is SOOOO worth it!!!

:congrats:

dbnc
06-12-2008, 09:49 PM
The wait is torture..

I test drove one last summer and ordered but cancelled due to family situation..

The wife fell in love all over again once she heard about the red this spring and the family situation is clear now so we ordered another one in red.. In the meantime I could be riding several times now if she would only settle for another color.. The dealer has tried to get us to switch several times but no go..

Oh well the wait continues...